SHOWTIME!

Headlight Item (For NVG Slot)

It is incredibly difficult for most people to find Night Vision Goggles, so why not have an intermediary item such as a headlight (headlamp if you prefer)?

It doesn't have to be a "common" item, but it would be nice to have something between nothing and NVG for that equipment slot.

It would provide the valuable ability of allowing you to equip your weapon of choice while lighting your way through the darkest of hours.

Of course, it will come with some disadvatages; zombies and players alike will be able to see you quite easily if you're out in the open.

Despite that, i feel like this item would allow more players to experience the night cycle without having to resort to flares/chemlights which can be a bit bothersome and unrewarding at times.

post-47818-0-92376000-1343954448_thumb.j

• Like 15

I'm up for seeing this.

Would never EVER use one but will have fun lining up my crosshairs on the foreheads of people that do ^_^

Would be a nice idea. Its so annoying with the whole running while flapping your flash light everywhere! lol!

This is genuinely a good idea. It will make sniping them at night easier... but on the whole, good for new players at night.

I like it. But also there's this thing called chemlights :)

I don't really have much of a problem with chemlights/flares, but when you try to cover a lot of ground at night, they aren't quite as useful.

Was thinking about it, and as for rarity I'd probably put spawn on equal ground with binoculars.

Not too common, but you can find them in Markets/Deer Stands without too much trouble.

• Like 2

I saw the light source for this should be of low power and similar to chem lights where at a certain distance you cant see the lite area anymore. Maybe have the light about 3-5 times brighter than a chem light and not visible beyond 100-250 meters, that way it's good and will be used. But isn't that imaginary death sentence that people make flash lights out to be.

Also can we please get that stupid bug fixed that allows light to pass through every building and piece of material in its way, because that just does fuck up every flare, chem light, and flash light user in game in or near buildings.

Edited by TheCenturion

Would be a nice idea. Its so annoying with the whole running while flapping your flash light everywhere! lol!

Or they could just make the flashlight stop flapping? In reality you can run and hold a flashlight in approximately the same direction all the time...

Or they could just make the flashlight stop flapping? In reality you can run and hold a flashlight in approximately the same direction all the time...

To add on to that, they could even make it so you can hold a pistol in one hand and the flashlight in the other hand.

If I'm not mistaken, only the G17 has a built in flashlight out of all the pistols.

Would have to reanimate /:

Simple but practical, I like it.

Would have to reanimate /:

I'm no prgrammer, so I don't really know, but couldn't they just keep the animation and take away the shake? Kind of like how you can turn off headbob in first person mode.

I support this suggestion, as someone else said, running at night is really annoying. Chemlights and flares do help but this would be another alternative.

I'm no prgrammer, so I don't really know, but couldn't they just keep the animation and take away the shake? Kind of like how you can turn off headbob in first person mode.

The torch light is part of the animation. it would look so hacked lol a torch just floating in front while you run.

Edited by Dez.

The torch light is part of the animation. it would look so hacked lol a torch just floating in front while you run.

Ah, i see. We definetly don't need ghost flashlights hanging around.

Yes yes and a million times more yes.

Agreed with this everytime its been suggested, shouldn't be had to code either.

(If Rockets to busy maybe the hackers can sort it out and do something useful for a change. :P)