Sign in to follow this  
TheMachine

Hacking makes DayZ impossible to play 'seriously'

Oh look it's this thread again

Oh look people consistently make threads about a serious problem, better make a snide remark!

OR!

When a hacker teleports you to the thunderdome, instead of getting weapons and fighting to the death. Like they want.

You simply leave the game and hop on another server, thereby robbing them of their fun and continuing your own.

Yes, the ones who teleport to you individually and kill your with god mode on are still going to kill you. However, you can still avoid those if you're fast enough with Alt+f4 or a macro system that aborts you instantly if needed. Yes this is cowardly but fuck hackers. They can give themselves anything they want in the game and can turn invincible. That completely defeats the purpose of dayz and they might as well just go play COD or BF3.

Just be ready to Ctrl Alt Delete and end the OA.exe process now because the new thunderdome script actually disables the game menu abort option and insta-kills your character if you use ALT + F4.

Not even kidding :/

I don't run into hackers often and when I do I leave that server.

I envy you, I really do. Myself and clan mates have been hacked every night for the last week.

I had my first taste an input hack last night. Could not do anything... move, shoot... alt+f4. By the time we knew what was happening and the vent cries to disconnect went out... too late.

Godmode, thermal scoped snipers, teleports, nukes... we've had it done.

Vas.

Had my first experience with a hacker today, playing in CA 21.

Me and my friends were talking on vent, one had stolen a van from a group of snipers but my friend had taken a lot of hits. He was constantly passing out and trying to get it somewhere out of the way where I or our companion could go and get it. Eventually he managed to get it into the wilderness, unseen, where my other friend met him. Despite this, some guy who wasn't listed on the players list calling himself Rocket (there was one player with a blank name) managed to find him, said "you stole this from my friends, now you must die" (I know, melodrama), shot one of them and then blew up the van.

I realise it's possible that he could have tracked my friend or just stumbled across it, but there's more. At this point I'm still a good 20 minute run away from them, when some guy steps out from the trees and mugs me. He's wearing a red beret and has what looks like a zombie skin face. I know that my friend has been killed and having quite recently spawned I just be a bit cocky with him. Weirdly, rather than shooting me his character kept hitting me with the butt of his rifle, something I don't think is possible in the game.

My final remaining friend at this point tries to disconnect because we figure we're dealing with a hacker: the guy in front of me vanishes, appears to my friend, kills him, and then returns boasting about how my friend wasn't fast enough to disconnect. I mock him until bleeding out.

Seems to me it was a definite hacker: found my friends in the middle of nowhere, found me even more in the middle of nowhere, didn't appear on the player list, had unobtainable skin, did some weird rifle melee, teleported at will.

Didn't really bother me, I didn't have much to lose and honestly found it funny how it was like a 13-year-old American kid who got a little tetchy when I was less intimidated and more amused.

The past 10 or so times I've attempted to play with friends, we spend an hour or two gearing up, then 1 of 3 things happens -

- Insta-gib at spawn (after returning to the same server after a previous evening of gearing up)

- Thunderdome

- any engagement where we have the upper hand, they alt+f4

Have tried several servers, trying to find a good one (i know now that's relatively impossible) starting from scratch each time. And any complaints are consistently described as "whining". This is hardly fair or accurate.

Day Z's a great concept, but I've given it about 60+ plus hours with no progress due to the above and that's all i'm willing to give at this point. Think i'm going to hang it up until something truly meaningful is done about the exploits.

I understand not all people have had the same poor experience that I've had...maybe I'm just unlucky, but christ, is it ever fucking annoying and tedious.

Well first you told him not to complain about the hackers and just mess around, then he explained that even messing around in Cherno is difficult nowadays because it's usually the No.1 spot for hackers to hit with their spawned in weapons and you told him that he shouldn't be suprised if he dies in Cherno.

At no point did he complain about dying in Cherno on the forums infact he agreed with you that Cherno is certain death but that playing the smart way - Up north, carefully is almost as dangerous now due to server wide nukes being way too common for any extended playtime.

At least thats how I interpreted his point.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant, thanks for reiterating it for me so people actually got it. :)

The past 10 or so times I've attempted to play with friends, we spend an hour or two gearing up, then 1 of 3 things happens -

- Insta-gib at spawn (after returning to the same server after a previous evening of gearing up)

- Thunderdome

- any engagement where we have the upper hand, they alt+f4

Have tried several servers, trying to find a good one (i know now that's relatively impossible) starting from scratch each time. And any complaints are consistently described as "whining". This is hardly fair or accurate.

Day Z's a great concept, but I've given it about 60+ plus hours with no progress due to the above and that's all i'm willing to give at this point. Think i'm going to hang it up until something truly meaningful is done about the exploits.

I understand not all people have had the same poor experience that I've had...maybe I'm just unlucky, but christ, is it ever fucking annoying and tedious.

Yeah that's it, you generally have two play options for DayZ.

1. Derp around.

2. Serious mode.

Every permeation of what can be done in the game fits into one of those, and at the moment neither (particularly no. 2) are possible with the sheer amount of hacking.

Like you I was convinced we were just unlucky, but talking to other people, watching live streams and reading the forums I've come to the conclusion this is the norm, not the exception.

Since this is such a huge problem you won't have any issues creating a video of you getting killed by an obvious hacker in less than.... let's say 40 minutes?

PM the youtube link thanks.

Ironically, I was only playing DayZ for 30 minutes today before this happened (didn't play last night).

You see, some hacking isn't obvious, inexperienced players won't know they've died to a hacker a lot of the time.

That's because the vast majority is just people spawning high spec gear and going around killing people, then if they die they're back with the same gear in 5 minutes.

THAT is the kind of hacking that's most common and the most difficult to catch/notice.

My video is quite a bit more obvious though

Edited by TheMachine

Since this is such a huge problem you won't have any issues creating a video of you getting killed by an obvious hacker in less than.... let's say 40 minutes?

PM the youtube link thanks.

Ive got three videos this week from hackers. Nukes, teleportation, vehicle spawns, robot spawns, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc....I'd believe anyone who said they got hacked right now...

I once seen dozens of buses fall from the sky and detonate on impact...Obviously scripting (not hacking)(really...stop calling it hacking), but it was an awesome spectacle, none the less...