Sign in to follow this  
Led Monk

Invert 360 controller

Yes. I am a console noob. Yes I am aware and even agree that the mouse/keyboard setup up is superior. Now that that is out of the way...

ARMA2 natively supports the xbox 360 controller, i was just wondering if there was as setting i was missing to configure the Y axis for inverted? "Customize controller" doesn't bring anything up and i'd like to play this on my big screen, but no wireless mouse & keyboard in my house.

Thanks in advance!

Trust me, you're better off just learning to use the mouse and keyboard. I tried to use the controller in the beginning and immediately faced challenges. Just suck it up and learn the controls; it takes a day at most to get used to them. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I was in your same position and I learned with ease. Good luck, and see ya out on the field. :)

Under options>controls you can set "Y Axis: Reversed". I assume this works for the controller.

Edited by Naka

I just made a profile to complain/ask for a solution for the same issue. I have been playing consoles for over 23 years now. I always used inverted Y axis, so I am programmed to work like this. I dont mind combining the controller with the keybord, but I do mind that I am not able to have the reverse Y axis. I hope this will get "fixed" And by the way... what is this bullshit calling yourself a console noob? K/M has advantages over controller but it also works the other way around.

I have been reading on the Arma 2 forums and this seemed to be something they just dont give a F about. And they still advertise the game as being controller playable...

Under options>controls you can set "Y Axis: Reversed". I assume this works for the controller.

This works perfectly for the mouse.... but only for the mouse... If that function was there for the controller this game would be playable for me... right now it is not.. and I have spent more than 4 hours trying to work around this issue with various options but to no succes.. :(

This works perfectly for the mouse.... but only for the mouse... If that function was there for the controller this game would be playable for me... right now it is not.. and I have spent more than 4 hours trying to work around this issue with various options but to no succes.. :(

In that 4 hours, you could have got used to a keyboard and mouse :P

xpadder should do it. im about to try this game with a ps3 controller. cant stand keyboard/mouse garbage.