Sign in to follow this  
daspope

effffffff!

So I log in, luckily the hacker killing me last night didnt make me lose all my gear because I logged out right after... but low and behold my hydration is red.

for the life of me I cant find any water sources, or cans of coke. So I stupidly head to cherno because now I am dehydrating and my blood is so low everything is black and white.after checking like 5 houses and being disappointed I finally find a can of coke, hooray no more dehydration.... but my vision is still B&W because I have 3k blood.

So, me being the forest dweller that I am I stupidly bolt straight for the tree line thinking I will kill me some food, I make it in and assume I'm safe.... NOPE! some A-Hole saw me and chased me down, killed me in one shot so I didn't even get a chance to return fire, not that it would have helped me any though, with B&W vision picking out targets is a P.I.T.A.

Time to start over, anyone have any tips on where to locate water sources? I see wells frequently but never see the pumps. lol one time when I was almost dead I mistook an axe in a stump for a pump... took me a good 15 sec to figure it out lol.

Alot of towns have wells and fountains, you can also refill cantines at lakes and ponds. On the map, wells they are labelled with almost a black mcdonalds symbol with the outter ends cut off. Supermarkets ahave tons of pop as well as the pubs and cafe's in major cities.

I've yet to find a water bottle anywhere. I think supermarkets are almost required for those.

i find liquid so easily in this its annoying- my only problem is finding food. In any residential building I enter, there's bound to be soda or a canteen, Its annoying.

For the safest method of survival you should get yourself a hunting knife, box of matches, a water bottle and an axe and head out of the towns where bandits dwell. From there, you can kill animals in fields, gut them, collect wood and cook the meat to satisfy your hunger meter (much better than tinned food for replenishing blood too and the meat is plentiful) and you can stop by pumps, wells and ponds on your travels to fill your water bottle so you have a constant source of both water and food.

The pumps are on most maps and you can spot ponds if you check the map carefully. Ponds are safer but pumps can be found in the quieter towns.

Wells can be used as a water source, the type where the top is boarded over, even when there is not a pump. If in doubt just try to fill the canteen and see if it lets you.