WHAT21A

UK 206 Server Thread

Stuff is crazy today, lots of teleporting etc. I continue to be suspicious of TheDoctor, he ran around north of electro between all the vehicles shooting a PKM(does not exist in dayz), and yesterday he kept showing up in electro with AKs etc with 10+ mags in his inventory, every time we killed him he returned ~1min later with new AKs and lots of mags.

And he just keeps teleporting everyone 200m over the ocean to die by falling. The Hacker is definitely "TheDoctor", hes the only one that never dies. We are only 5 online.

Friend of mine going by the name "Zetax" just got wrongfully admin banned for "hacking". All he was doing at the time was running around, he had clicked the server control button earlier but meant no harm. Why the ban? Is it reversible?

EDIT: resolved in ingame chat, thank you.

Edited by xiaz89

Breifly encountered a hacker who seemed to teleport, then kill a couple of us with something like a rocket/grenade launcher, and I saw a Neon green "laser" at the time too. Think he/they disconnected shortly after. Not sure who it was, but there was a couple of guys with "[bnP*}" tags that left shortly after it happened, and I didn't see any more hacking after that. Seemed suspicious.

Met a friendly guy in Electro too who didn't shoot me, gave me a Makarov and we stumbled upon a M1014 which he let me take when he had only a double barrel shotgun. So if you see "PLAYER 1" online, he's a friendly (If not slightly crazy running around and firing a double barrel in the middle of Electro

Hello, Edge here to do two things. One is to say I have a (temporary) fix for my dire internet connection. So all should be well(ish) now. Secondly I wish to report a hack. Earlier today (17/09/2012) and my first day back I was proceeding on foot north from the coast. In my travels I happened upon a camp and set about scouting it out and nicking a few choice objects. I then saw some people moving about. Assuming it was the owners I ran hell for leather. One must have spotted me as they opened fire but I managed to avoid their shots and loose them in the trees. It was at this point that I was teleported so my back was to a set of gunmen and was then promptly riddled with bullets. I can give grid coordinates of the event but I'll refrain from doing that until asked as I may give away the location of an innocent's camp. The incident occurred at 21:51 UK time on the above mentioned date. The suspected offenders had high end gear, ghille suits, those modified SA80's which I forget the name of and so on. Alas I caught no names. I hope this info helps.

Despite this incident it’s nice to be back.

Edited by Edgeworth
  • Like 2

Not long after that time i was running up the coast road[after being killed at a large camp i had discovered by an unseen gunman]when a dude rocks up on a motorbike with as50aws and tels me "get on the bike" i had a colt45 in my hand and he wasnt fussed so i just get on to see what shinnanigans he was going to throw my way.He teleports us both on the bike to the barracks at the main north airfield and starts dumping gear on the floor for me...neadless to say i banned his arse and stole his bike:P

• Like 2

Breifly encountered a hacker who seemed to teleport, then kill a couple of us with something like a rocket/grenade launcher, and I saw a Neon green "laser" at the time too. Think he/they disconnected shortly after. Not sure who it was, but there was a couple of guys with "[bnP*}" tags that left shortly after it happened, and I didn't see any more hacking after that. Seemed suspicious.

Ok first of all I was one of those guys.

Second of all, how does sitting in Elektro banditing constitute cheating?

Third, we don't cheat, I was killed multiple times by 'that guy'. I switched back to our server to get back to my body quicker.

Lastly, thanks for the false naming and shaming there.

We have our own server, and earlier I was remote controlled by a hacker, who proceeded to kill one of our clanmates. We don't hack, I assure you.

I only read this topic because I remembered the name of the server from earlier, wish I hadn't now.

Ok first of all I was one of those guys.

Second of all, how does sitting in Elektro banditing constitute cheating?

Third, we don't cheat, I was killed multiple times by 'that guy'. I switched back to our server to get back to my body quicker.

Lastly, thanks for the false naming and shaming there.

We have our own server, and earlier I was remote controlled by a hacker, who proceeded to kill one of our clanmates. We don't hack, I assure you.

I only read this topic because I remembered the name of the server from earlier, wish I hadn't now.

Sorry if you feel my post sounded like accusations, but if you re-read it I only relay how I read the situation as it happened, and I never pointed the finger at anyone in particular.

I said a hacked "Seemed" to teleport as he wasn't there one second, then appeared behind us. At which point I closely watched the names of people dying to see which people weren't dying (to narrow down who MAY have been the hacker).

After watching the connections list for a while I saw you guys leave, after which there was no more obvious signs of hacking while I was online. I'm not saying you guys were hacking (Which I didn't say in my original post either), I was merely relaying the situation as I observed it to give information to the Admins to help them track whoever was hacking.

I don't directly accuse people unless I'm damn sure they're at fault, and if you read what I posted, I never directly accused anyone.

Hello again, first of all I have read those PM’s now and done as instructed. Secondly I wish to report another hack. A big one this time. At 16:45 on the 19th of September everyone on the server was killed. I have no idea who it was but I was walking through the woods near the coast when I died for no obvious reason then I saw about ten different names pop up as having been killed, which was the population of the server. I then appeared briefly in the debug plains and could see about ten different people standing there. It was at that point that I aborted, hoping to prevent further damage.

Sorry if you feel my post sounded like accusations, but if you re-read it I only relay how I read the situation as it happened, and I never pointed the finger at anyone in particular.

I said a hacked "Seemed" to teleport as he wasn't there one second, then appeared behind us. At which point I closely watched the names of people dying to see which people weren't dying (to narrow down who MAY have been the hacker).

After watching the connections list for a while I saw you guys leave, after which there was no more obvious signs of hacking while I was online. I'm not saying you guys were hacking (Which I didn't say in my original post either), I was merely relaying the situation as I observed it to give information to the Admins to help them track whoever was hacking.

I don't directly accuse people unless I'm damn sure they're at fault, and if you read what I posted, I never directly accused anyone.

We're pretty vigilant. If we see any signs of a hacker on a server we leave immediately. We also wait in the lobby for a few minutes before joining the game to watch the kill feed.

Interesting server. As soon as I logged in I found a motorcycle in Elektro.

Hey, I often play on this server with a friend called 0marshy0 and we're looking for a squad to join if anyone has one?

Sorry Xhodar, that is a total epic fail on my part that was my first ban attempt and got the wrong line in the Dart controls. The dude was requesting an ammo crate with his name and apparently he found one, he had several hacked in items. I told him to change his name several times and happened to run into one of his corpses. He had TWS, Radio, Laser Targeting, the works, it should be fixed now.

Or not, trying to fix it still sorry.

Edited by Strip

Hi,

Myself and my friend Icarus have made this server home, we are new to the game but are enjoying it greatly, unfortunately last night (sept 21) there was a hacker on the server he killed us twice and then killed everyone on the server, don't really understand why but then I don't understand train spotters either..anyway we left shortly after and went onto a different server to play, but before I logged off I thought I'd drop my new loot into my tent on 206 but I now cant join...I get the message "Admin Ban actively seeking hacker" what does this mean? have I been temp banned whilst someone trawls through the logs to find the hacker ban him and then lift everyone else's ban? or is it just a blanket ban of everyone on the server at the time?

I'm worried as I have a tent! I'm new and that is an achievement for me and I'm crying a little inside..

Cheers,

Graze.

It means you got banned because your name was "hackerWTBcrate" at the time and I asked you to change it several times. When I found one of your dead corpses with three hacked in items I had enough of that. You had a AS50 TWS, laser designator and I think maybe a radio at the time, you rolled up on me as I found your body in fact. If WHAT21A wants to unban you that is up to him but I do not think very highly using your name to seek out a hacker and having hacked weapons.

Hi Strip,

I think you are confusing me with someone, I was on the same time as hackerWTBcrate, but he was not me, the logs should show that wouldn't it as in Graze and wtbcrate were playing at the same time so that would show it wasn't me? I've never been a server admin for dayz so might be wrong but I would have thought you have logs, the most stuff I had was 3 CZ hunting rifles which I stole from a camp I found, happy to tell you where the camp is, I have never had nor seen a AS50 TWS or a laser designator or a radio.

I do not know nor have ever had any involvment with HackerWTBcrate, surely players have a unique number i.e. a steam id or GUID? so they are identifiable?

Edited by Graze

Just want to let everyone know, The server will be going down on October 25th, i don't have the funds to maintain the server any longer. We will be back for the stand alone, hope to see some regulars back for then.

• Like 1

Will have to make the most of the server while it's still around. Been on a few times this week, seems it still gets quite populated at times. Hopefully the rest of the crew return for the standalone

Just want to let everyone know, The server will be going down on October 25th, i don't have the funds to maintain the server any longer. We will be back for the stand alone, hope to see some regulars back for then.

The server still seems to be up and running. Does anyone know if this server is going down?

It took a few days for vilayer to realize i wasn't paying the invoice, they've now suspended it.