WHAT21A

UK 206 Server Thread

ROFL man we underestimated just quite how many of you guys there are.

Next time dudes ...next time......shakes fist.

Pure luck that we found you last night but it was awesome.

I was walking back to the group when I stumbled into the firefight that you were having with the other squad that was up on the hill. Didn't know who was there at the time so figured they had seen and were shooting at me when I saw the vehicles you guys turned up in off to my side. Hid in a tree whilst you were still shooting at the other group and called in WHAT21A & Strip who were nearby - think at one point there were eight of us within that small area (you three, three of us and the remaining two of the other group).

Knew where you guys were so just got WHAT21A to flank you while you were focused on the other group, he picked you all off one by one. Seeing Xinoth and Tyrgrim spin round from shooting the other squad to try and get eyes on WHAT21A when you went down was quite funny - really wish I had recorded it.

Hehe we found those vehicles earlier that evening so decided to go looking for trouble as we have found it dosent matter where we hide stuff it always gets found[even bikes in trees].

Was abit gutting i missed most of the decent action as i was just sat shooting the infected that ran to the sniper fire,and keeping eyes on the cars incase someone ran up and tried to steal one.Ionly had a SAW as im getting sick of carrying that silly thermal gun about[realy want them to remove it].

Yeah pretty similar to what we've done. Constantly moving vehicles/camps every time they got found sucked the fun out of the game. Since we've stopped making camps and started venturing into the hot spots more it's been a lot more enjoyable.

Couple of our guys ditched the L85 recently as they got fed up with it, would be interesting to see how things changed if they did remove it, would make ghillie suits a lot more powerful than they are already as unless you have superb eyesight, the L85 is by far the easiest way to spot a ghillied player.

Reading the stories above made me realise, this "Strip" guy is part of the serverclan? So that was you guys we robbed clean a ~week ago? We were two people that randomly found a camp full of tents and cars, one of us approached it and got shot by Strip, I waited it out in the bushes and shot Strip as he went for the body, we got away with a dirt bike, an offroad vehicle and a truck with lots of loot, fun times!

This was also the first time for me and my friend to have anything larger than a bike / ATV.

Reading the stories above made me realise, this "Strip" guy is part of the serverclan? So that was you guys we robbed clean a ~week ago? We were two people that randomly found a camp full of tents and cars, one of us approached it and got shot by Strip, I waited it out in the bushes and shot Strip as he went for the body, we got away with a dirt bike, an offroad vehicle and a truck with lots of loot, fun times!

This was also the first time for me and my friend to have anything larger than a bike / ATV.

Yep, he is part of our clan, only trouble is that last few days we didnt see our legend, Edgeworth :)

Yeah we went looking for trouble, and we certainly found it. I started that character that day, and by the time What21 finally gunned me down I was on 9 murders. Got 4 of them from that exchange, there was people everywhere lol.

I have to ask though, since I just have to know; Where the hell where you what21? I knew you where in that vicinity, since I heard the gunfire from there. I was lying completely still keeping an eye on the cars, waiting for anyone of you to pop out. And just looking around, constantly. But I never saw anything, and then you started shooting and killed me. And even when you where shooting, I never saw where you where! No gunsmoke, no mussle fire, no nothing. I heard where the shots came from, but I could not lay my eyes on you. I need to know where you where, haha.

Edited by Tyrgrim

I was up too your left as you were laying watching the cars, crawled right up behind smashy then layed inside his body for a bit untill i got eyes on Xinoth then yourself :D Took a few more Minutes for Oskar to come running back down the hill heading for the cars who i also took out. I only took 2 screenshots but should pretty much show how close i got to smashy before i killed him. Only had an M4A3 and was pretty surprised when i looted your body's that you had L85s.

Edit: to give you a bit more of perspective on it, after i shot you and you got up and ran, you were running right at me about 150m away.

244t9c1.jpg

You can't see the body in the 2nd screenshot but trust me he was there about 2 seconds prior :D

2ylo3kj.jpg

Edited by WHAT21A
  • Like 2

Finally got my first sniper rifle kills last night, one of which being a 400m shot on a hacker with a hacked in M197 Gattling Gun. Though that came after 4 deaths in a night. 2 of which being mercilessly hacked to death with hatchets when I clealy had no weapon (Or significant gear) to speak of, and 1 death falling off a chimney...

Edited by Mark2

So i decided i should finally sign up to the forums...

Last night was fun, it started by me logging in walking two steps and seeing havok standing in front of me next to a nice shiney pickup truck... cant get off to a much better start than that really!

So thats where the truck came from, after that there was a whole lot of driving around, picking people up and collecting/finding vehicles, while i was driving down the coast road to pick up Tyrgrim, i ran over some poor chap who thought it was a good idea to run right down the middle of the road... i was going about 100kph at the time, his corpse flew through the air for miles... and then later What21 banned him for altf4 abuse, so i guess it wasnt his night.

But when we got to that town, there were so many players about it was crazy. we saw zombies around as we were driving up, i guess that was down to jewdy being in the town, Tyr spotted a couple of guys on the hill the other side of town, a long way off, he killed them, then i spotted a couple in the tree line eastish of town, and then there was you 3 who i dont think we saw at all going from your descriptions. So it seems like there were either 3 or 4 groups of players in the same town that night.

Was good fun. :)

Sorry Oskar i hit the wrong person for the ban, undoing it now.

I want to set up camps here but why nameplates :(

There are no nameplates?

just got killed by a hacker (I'm assuming but wait for it) whilst me and a friend where hiding our ATV's i spawn in at elektro and run to the fire station and see a guy in ghille i hit him with the axe and he just zooms off then vanishes and kills me =/ im assuming it was the same guy that killed me and my friend tho as i recognize the gun sound, also captured it on video happened around 23:45 give or take

Video Link -

P.S sorry if its still being processed just give it some time

P.P.S excuse my YouTube name aha was made for a gaming channel but i don't go by that name anymore :3

P.P.P.S just noticed the quality sucks as well may have to look into why that is o.O

Edited by The Baron

Hehe we killed you at the ATV,s the gun was a mk28:D

edited to include that im not a hacker:P

edited again to include that none of my team are hackers either we just heard your engine:D

Edited by smashy

To me that video looks like lag... but who knows for sure, only Mr What can tell you, but ive been following smashy and tyr all night and the server has been a bit iffy on the lag front, if you see someone running in a given direction the server will just display them as heading that way until told otherwise.

That video looks like lagg too me. Also i think it was us that killed you, we've been seeing lagg all night for some reason.

Your server would be perfect for my needs and I'd love to play but it isn't up to date is there any reason why?

Because 1.7.2.5 is stupidly buggy and i won't be updating untill that's resolved.

> Smashy fair play then love how you waited until we parked them too XD

> Xionth and WHAT21A that sucks then D: could of sworn it was a hacker as iv never seen lag to do that to a player before oh well

also love how my groups gone from 5 vehicles down to 3 then down to 1 then back up to 2 and now nothing >_O also lost all my sweet gear that i got from bringing some guy in a helicopter down with a DMR just below Stary Sobor, i suppose some of the fun of DayZ is gearing up but im not looking forward to going back to the cross country simulator

Yeah, as has been said already hiding vehicles dosnt seem worth the effort most of the time, cause they always get found, best you can do is hold onto one for a few days and have a bit of fun, but the map dosnt seem big enough to hide them for any length of time, if there are enough people determined to find a ride, then your probably gonna loose it.

You sound a little bitter man, cheer up! I went from 4 to 0 vehicles the other day, but hey, now I have something to do, get new ones!

Edited by xiaz89
  • Like 1

oh im not saying dont get them, im saying once you have them make use of them cause stashing them wont work.

but your right it did sound a little negative, i guess it should have said "Yeah, as has been said already hiding vehicles dosnt seem worth the effort to hide them most of the time"

We started out today with a motorbike, but by the end of the night we had found 2 ATVs, 2 Busses, a white car and a tractor... not that we used them all mind you.

Did anyone happen to catch our Coach tour of the seafront? going through Cherno was interesting... we took a lot of fire. We ran into a red car with 3 people in it near berizino i think it was, one of them thought it was a fun idea to get out when theres a bus traveling at 70 odd KPH right at him... so that was another road kill, its a shame they dont count as actual kills :P

Edited by Xinoth

Yeah it was an interesting demonstration of just how many snipers are in the hills above chernoD