Sign in to follow this  
Fooz (DayZ)

Faith in DayZ Restored, Thanks to a Fella named Juggernaut

So I had just got in a fight at the NWA and was left with 3k blood, so I headed East from the most Northern Barrack of the Airfield and came across a farm type building that looks like this:

land_barn_w_01.jpg

It was night time on the server and I saw two survivors entering the building, I stayed back and observed them, they left and ran into a forest, I quickly followed them making sure to stay out of sight running between trees etc.

They came up to a big open field and at the edge of the field there was a White Pick Up Truck and a Dirt-bike, both in working order, I assumed they were both theirs as they were crouched next to the truck, I didn't particularly want to kill them and I was hoping they would give me a blood transfusion but as this is DayZ where almost nobody is friendly I decided not to chance it and shot one a few times killing him (He disconnected so his body disappeared).

The other one ran around the truck and hid there, I moved in on the truck and spoke to him in Direct Chat saying something like "I don't want to kill you, I only killed your friend as I was nervous about approaching two players", there was no response, I moved up so that we were both on opposite sides of the truck, but he moved a couple feet back and hid behind a hay roll, which was a pretty smart move.

I went prone behind the truck so I could see underneath the truck and shoot him if he tried to rush me, I then saw in direct chat him talking to me. Now this went on for about 5 minutes and we had actually just started chatting about stuff, which was weird in such a hostile game, he complemented my ambush, he said he had just found these vehicles, we both started to trust each other, but were still understandably nervous, I'm guessing I gained his trust by saying "If I was going to kill you, I would have done it when you were typing", which I would have as it would have been so easy, but I didn't because I felt like this guy was pretty cool for not DC'ing etc.

He asked if I needed a Blood Transfusion, now I really did need one, pretty badly in fact, but I didn't want to give away the fact I was on 3k blood because he might just think I am an easy kill, so I lied and said I had 10k but I wouldn't mind a transfusion, he said he had 11k.

We both decided the best way to go about this would to both put all our weapons in the truck so we can actually tell if the other one had put away his weapon, we both went ahead and did it with nobody pulling any tricks, we then proceeded to back away from the truck and gave each other the transfusions, went back to either side of the truck, retrieved our weapons, decided he would take the truck and I would take the bike and went our separate ways.

Now this is a rare type of encounter in a game like DayZ but it has nonetheless restored my faith in other players, and is one of the reasons I love this game.

If he does read this, I want to thank Juggernaut for being a good sport and a cool guy, and would also like to mention your friend is a douche for DC'ing like a bitch even though he had already died.

Thanks for finding his post man

Edited by Fooz
  • Like 5

Sounds pretty cool, too bad about his buddy though. To me it would have been worth the risk to not fire at all, but it worked out for you so well played.

Yeah, too bad for his buddy, but he could always load his stuff in the truck and go find him again.

Really nice little story dude! Have some beans!

I've been hit in the back and murdered by a guy I was in skype and running with for over 30 minutes. lol.

I've also gotten into a server where the admin was picking spawns up and in a heli and dropping them at the NW airfield....

some days you win, some days you don't :)

Edit: Great story BTW

Edited by jordan2412

Hmm, If someone shot my friend I would have retaliated. But if juggernaut didn't know him irl then I wouldn't mind. Though Juggernaut, good on you for not disconnecting and shooting someone, cause I would of.

My faith in players was partially restored the other day as well. I was strolling across a field south of a town (Shakhovka perhaps?) getting ready to move in and find some bandages since I've lost 4 morphines and and all of my bandages to hackers in the last few days, but somehow managed to survive (thanks to AltF4 unfortunately, which I never use otherwise).

Anyways, I'm strolling along when someone starts firing at me from behind. I start to run around, bleeding, and return about 10 shots with my M4 before I'm tackled by a zombie. As I was laying there thinking I'm finally done, I hear gunshots and am no longer being eaten, the guy bandages me and gives me a blood transfusion. Then I hear him enjoying a soda from my pack. When I get up he's gone, and I'm honestly better off than when he shot me, aside from some new psychological issues.

A few minutes later, I was back in the woods considering moving into town again when I found a motorbike stashed behind a tree. I left it in case it belonged to the soda thief and moved on.

• Like 1

This is awesome. Ive never killed another player in DayZ and ALWAYS ask if they want to team up and go hunting for loot. Usually they dont respond and just walk away, but when they do, theres nothing like exploring the unknown with another player you dont know from a hole in the wall.

Hey Fooz or Juggernaut, if you ever see me, lets team up!

-BEAST

I did my good deed for the day with a player I ran into who was on his first day playing DayZ. I was scavenging a barn near Kazlovka when I got complacent and pulled some zed aggro, so I ran into the barn and was suprised to have Winchester fire take on the zed chasing me. The new guy was up in the barn and had the drop on me but we both called 'friendly' over direct chat. He was a fellow Brit, so I agreed to help him out.

We headed over to the supermarket in Zelengorsk where he stocked up on food & drink, plus a pair of binos. Our extraction got noisy but got clear OK. I pulled wife aggro at that point so had to log,

Bernd, I hope you had a good first day.

• Like 1

Hey man - yea thats me :D

My heart was racing like hell all the time, because it was the first time experiencing something like that with other DayZ-Players, who mostly only shoot on sight.

I was wondering if u really had 10k blood - i really had 11,5k. :P

But was a really nice thing man!

(You also were killed by the hacker on that server some mins ago? -.- )

Props. Stores like this let me keep my faith in the dayz player base.

Because even though so consider me a bandit. Its nice to find friendly players.

Edited by Jtyler1995

Hey man - yea thats me :D

My heart was racing like hell all the time, because it was the first time experiencing something like that with other DayZ-Players, who mostly only shoot on sight.

I was wondering if u really had 10k blood - i really had 11,5k. :P

But was a really nice thing man!

(You also were killed by the hacker on that server some mins ago? -.- )

yeah was awesome, na I didn't get killed by the hacker, I logged out 10 mins after you left as a programme I wanted to watch was on, lucky me I guess lol