Sign in to follow this  
HuckleNDenali

I am a noob. Hi.

Hey guys, I just bought Arma 2:CO and I have downloaded DayZ. It is really fun, but I keep hearing about hackers! Any tips for a noob?

Thanks

Die.

Die until you stop feeling feelings.

Only then can you truly master Day Z.

• Like 4

HI! and yes. practice with weapons in the ARMA 2 mission editor, and have fun. experement with the game. try things out, and then find some people to play with. and trust but verify, dont just say freindly and expect to not get killed. say "Drop your gun or ill put a few rounds through your head"

Hackers are and will continue to be in the foreseeable future an inevitable part of this game. The faster you can accept this and deal with it, the more enjoyment you'll be able to get out of DayZ.

Hackers are and will continue to be in the foreseeable future an inevitable part of this game. The faster you can accept this and deal with it, the more enjoyment you'll be able to get out of DayZ.

Die.

Die until you stop feeling feelings.

Only then can you truly master Day Z.

Don't fall in love with gear, fall in love with being good at obtaining it.

• Like 4

Get use to basic controls in the Arma 2 Boot camp.

Use crouch and prone when near zombies.

Do NOT trust anyone, always put a bullet through their head, or they will do the same to you.

Basic weapon loot spawns

-Firehouses

-Apartment Buildings

-Military Tents

-Airfields

-Churchs

Do NOT trust anyone, always put a bullet through their head, or they will do the same to you.

Thanks. In my eyes, everyone who I don't know personally is an enemy. KoS is a given.

Edited by HuckleNDenali

This, so much.

This. It's the difference between going a few hours without supplies, to a few minutes.

Some of what I may say probably has been repeated above.

1. NEVER and I say NEVER get attached to the stuff you find because you WILL die at some point for one reason or another and lose it all.

2. Your first day or two may just be getting accustomed to the game mechanics and how everything works. Use the arma simulators to get a feel of things.

3. Read on the forums and search for tips and tricks on how to play the game.

As you play, you will become much more comfortable with the game controls and how zombies work and locations on the map.

Also realize that the game may become frustrating when you first start out so keep trying until you get the hang of it.

and zombies hate flares at night. you can run through cerno with a flare and zombies will avoid you

If you get teleported just open fire on the person pointing their gun at you, or run, depending on what your weapon options are like. Be prepared to die though. It sucks, and it will happen. Move on with your game....and kill a obvious hacker anytime you see them just to grief them as much as they do people who actually try to survive.

Enjoy