Sign in to follow this  
DaedelusGG

Hacker or Real?

So I was strolling around Cherno today with my partner and we spot a guy, a guy with a gun. We quickly decide to dispatch the poor fellow because of his obvious crimes against the local zombie population. A firefight quickly brews where I am shot and killed. My partner quickly dispatches him after my unfortunate demise and loots the body. He soon takes sniper fire and in the manner of a little girl d/c's.

The interesting part is: I respawn next to Cherno and precede to quickly head to the med camp where I find a fully working Heli with a plethora of noob bodies surrounding it. Knowing that the helicopter was a prize sought by everyone and their grandmother, I preceded "to get the hell out of Dodge." On my way out, I find one dead body of unlucky survivor who is carrying a GPS, Range Finder, Coyote Pack, and Night Visions Goggles. I picked up the loot, dumbstruck, and left Cherno as fast as I could, fearing for hackers.

My question: Are these valuable items I now possess likely hacked or products of the work of a very great player?

One possibility, if there are a ton of bodies in one place, a hacker TP'd everyone into the air and killed them all in the same spot.

Those aren't hacked... Everyone dupes items and it is extremely easy to get your hands on all those items if you look in the right places.

One possibility, if there are a ton of bodies in one place, a hacker TP'd everyone into the air and killed them all in the same spot.

All the bodies where not in one place. I found the corpse with the delicious goodies farther off. The place was by no means (by my observation) a place of a great hacker atrocity as that.

well all the items are legit so it could be legit or could be a hacker. either way, you found some nice gear to use. ;-)

It is incredibly difficult to legitimately find a GPS, Rangefinder, NV, and a Backpack, but it is possible. Everyone these days seems to have them, so it could possibly be hacking or hacker banditry...but is more likely just duping.

We quickly decide to dispatch the poor fellow ... A firefight quickly brews where I am shot and killed ... My partner quickly dispatches him after my unfortunate demise and loots the body ... I respawn next to Cherno and precede to quickly head to the med camp

Apparently, what you really needed was a thesaurus.

Also, sounds pretty sketchy.

If they are indeed hacked items they might be server specific or disappear if you transfer servers.