Sign in to follow this  
Nuclear77Hazard

Anyone else use xbox controller

There are loads more keys to map if you want to use a controller. I don't think it is worth it.

I'd recommend getting a USB keyboard with a numeric keypad before I'd use an xbox controller.

Does anyone else use there xbox 360 controller cause i hate the controlls for the laptop

Shooo. Just go.

You have lost all respect on forums.

*edit.

WAIT HOLD THE PHONE. Did you say "laptop"...

have never encountered such a corrupt sentence...

Edited by Jtyler1995
  • Like 2

Most players use normal mouse and keyboard, because fps games are meant to be played with keyboard and mouse..

But some people prefer xbox controlers because they've been playing cod *couch* sucks *couch*.

• Like 1

I agree with Bozo, FPS games shouldn't be played with controllers, and those games that allow it most of the time aim for you.

An Xbox controller for a shooter?? Are you serious? Why? Why would you do something like that? I think I'm actually a little offended by this.

Mouse and keyboard dude.

• Like 1

sure, i use xbox controller for my xbox, and i use keyboard and mouse for my pc. thats what theyre made for ;)

its funny cuz i used to use a pad since i was a console man until last wednesday so im new to the k/m. it was hard at first the aiming fine but the keyboard not so much. but i kept at it and now love it so i say kept at it m8 i will get easyer trust me. there are way too many buttons to use a pad but it u plan on fly choppers use a pad cuz i find it better.

Wow. The backlash from this question is ridiculous. For those of you who knock on controllers all the time just realize its a different way to play. Arma isn't actually all that bad with a controller as long as you use something like XPadder or Glovepie, actually i have been messing around with getting this game to work with Kinect for shits and giggles. Its fun and despite the loss of accuracy its great for if you play on a TV.

Does anyone else use there xbox 360 controller cause i hate the controlls for the laptop

How can you think of such thing young boy ? I am on laptop and everything always worked fine, it's a 15" so trust me the keyboard isn't that large.

Now I have this (see image) and I configured 35 keys for the gameplay itself, how do you want to play on a controller ?

34glrx4.jpg

Such hostility from such a simple question! WOW! He asked if anyone else uses it not what everyone thinks of the controller. Use what you think is comfortable and screw what others think about it.

• Like 2

Such hostility from such a simple question! WOW! He asked if anyone else uses it not what everyone thinks of the controller. Use what you think is comfortable and screw what others think about it.

You have my beans BUT :lol: it's god damn DayZ, we don't play, we survive. That's the way it is.

How can you think of such thing young boy ? I am on laptop and everything always worked fine, it's a 15" so trust me the keyboard isn't that large.

Now I have this (see image) and I configured 35 keys for the gameplay itself, how do you want to play on a controller ?

34glrx4.jpg

Have you ever heard of a program called xpadder? Not only does it allow you to bind keys to your controller, but it allows for up to eight control schemes to be used by one controller just by pressing a button (I found the d-pad works best for me). An xbox 360 controller has 24 buttons on it. 24 minus the 7 buttons used to change schemes times 8 is 136. In theory I could map every key on your keyboard with a few buttons to spare and that's not including all the macros and double key presses available to me. Please don't talk down to other players just because they don't want to play a game the same way as you. Just as it is in life, no one way is right.

To the OP, if your still interested in using a controller send me a message and I'll happily help you set up your controller for DayZ.

Stop being ignorant fools and instead of flaming him for no reason, be productive and answer the question.

What's so wrong with an Xbox controller? Is it that people have jumped on the Douche-bag-PC-is-da-best bandwagon so that any mention of a PS3 or Xbox gets their panties twisted and they start crying?

I use a laptop. I run it on high settings with 40 fps. It's gotten so bad that any pansy with a desktop instead of a laptop thinks they are better than laptops. Laptops and desktops are equally good, stop being immature and flaming.