Sign in to follow this  
tpenn

Cyrillic signage = cyrillic map labels

This might be a limitation of the ArmA2 map system, but I'm pretty sure labels on the map can be modded, no?

You find a map in Chernarus, an ex-soviet country, where the signage is pretty much all in cyrillic, as you look at every map you've ever found you ask yourself, "so why then is this map entirely in English"?

Without google translate on the ready or knowledge of the cyrllic alphabet, trying to place a road sign on the map does very little good beyond guesswork.

Suggestion: labels (city names, places) on the map should have their cyrillic text beneath them.

Pro mode: only cyrillic text.

Because that ain't realistic? I mean, how can Cyrillic letters be that hard for foreign people? Just use a map like this one. It has names both in Cyrillic and Latin letters - should be a no-brainer for the majority of people.

Am I the only 1 who can roughly make out the town's name from reading Cyrillic? I find it profound...

Am I the only 1 who can roughly make out the town's name from reading Cyrillic? I find it profound...

Finding yourself in Chernarus is especially easy if you are a native Russian speaker or at least have some grasp of its alphabet since 90% of street signs are in Russian whilst the road sign system is absolutely the same as the Russian one.