Sasquatcho

Searching for help on crashing

Hi im new and i need some help, i installed the game through steam and i ran both individually before i downloaded the dayz mod. Now this game should be able to run on high setting on my rig, dont really know what is going on, everything is up to date, game runs great, but then it begins to flash and BAM! crashed, i get the Arma OA stopped working and then when i try to get on chrome it crashes, like everything i start it crashes.....what the hell is going on?

Here is the report im getting:

Faulting application name: arma2oa.exe, version: 1.62.95.417, time stamp: 0x5012ba9f

Faulting module name: arma2oa.exe, version: 1.62.95.417, time stamp: 0x5012ba9f

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0028d6cc

Faulting process id: 0x13ac

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd70d51109a632

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

Report Id: fb74867e-dccb-11e1-ae3b-14dae94609ed

and this

Fault bucket 3087138725, type 1

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: arma2oa.exe

P2: 1.62.95.417

P3: 5012ba9f

P4: arma2oa.exe

P5: 1.62.95.417

P6: 5012ba9f

P7: c0000005

P8: 0028d6cc

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Users\PC\AppData\Local\Temp\WERA63E.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_arma2oa.exe_c6e4388b7799c44eac18b0781a6889925c8151_047d5bd7

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: fb74867e-dccb-11e1-ae3b-14dae94609ed

Edited by Sasquatcho

Anything writing to windows event viewer? Any driver crashes to go along with it?

Latest video drivers?

Check any temperature readings for your hardware to eliminate the possibility of overheating and double check the Bios to make sure settings haven't changed. Other games still run ok?

game just crashed again and my comp freaked, i always have to restart i dont know its weird all my extensions in chrome are erased and for some reason bittorent extension is there i dont even have it

Anything writing to windows event viewer? Any driver crashes to go along with it?

Latest video drivers?

Just posted up the event log, no driver crash just everything acts weird

Check any temperature readings for your hardware to eliminate the possibility of overheating and double check the Bios to make sure settings haven't changed. Other games still run ok?

temp is great 44 deg, and im going to try and update the bios, but yeah I play diablo 3 and it runs perfect on high and assassins creed revelations

just updated my motherboard bios....still crashed....I seriously dont know whats going on, ive been using google and still i dont find a solution

someone please help....when i updated my motherboard the game crashes a lot faster then before

IF other games run flawlessly with no crashes it shouldn't be anything hardware related temp/bios settings .... If thats the case I would try to remove Arma from steam/uninstall and reinstall. and run both the games once on steam before installing six launcher.

If from Steam also try to Right click on ARMA 2 and click properties and local files and then go to verify game integrity, do this for ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead

Edited by Retchet187

IF other games run flawlessly with no crashes it shouldn't be anything hardware related temp/bios settings .... If thats the case I would try to remove Arma from steam/uninstall and reinstall. and run both the games once on steam before installing six launcher.

If from Steam also try to Right click on ARMA 2 and click properties and local files and then go to verify game integrity, do this for ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead

hey ratchet thanks, but ive done that, and still, but ill try uninstalling it and reinstalling erasing everything completly see how that works out

So i decided to reply to this just to let you know you are not alone. I've been working on my friends computer to try and fix this exact problem. It boots into the game and then you can play for a little bit and then the graphics go crazy and it crashes and then any other open programs start freaking out and crashing.

I've tried everything i can think of and it still doesnt work. I've even gone so far as to install a fresh operating system on a different hard drive and then installing a fresh copy of steam and Arma 2:CO. All that and game still crashes and forces me to do a restart.

If you look in the Event Viewer i get an Error ID 1000 for arma2:oa.

Hope someone finds a solution.

Have you tested the RAM. If a fresh OS with fresh drivers does the same thing, I would be inclined to blame RAM next.

i actually just replaced the ram too because i thought the same thing.... trust me i've tried a lot... its strange for multiple people to be getting a bug like this... the computer works perfectly fine for everything but playing DayZ at which point everything crashes. This points me away from the hardware unless the program is causeing the system to crash.

I just tried using DayZ Commander and it still crashed, I erased everything on my computer for Arma2 and Dayz and still crashes when steam down loads it.

here are my specs:

Computer:

Cpu:AMD Phenom2 X6 1100T

Motherboard: ASUSTek M5A97

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

Windows 7 Ult x64

And here is the last crash I had:

Faulting application name: arma2oa.exe, version: 1.62.95.660, time stamp: 0x501fa641

Faulting module name: XAudio2_4.dll, version: 9.26.1590.0, time stamp: 0x49bebf9f

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0004fbc5

Faulting process id: 0x1818

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd741c84158836

Faulting application path: C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWow64\XAudio2_4.dll

Report Id: 253813cc-e011-11e1-ac94-14dae94609ed

and this one

Fault bucket 3100618792, type 1

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: arma2oa.exe

P2: 1.62.95.660

P3: 501fa641

P4: XAudio2_4.dll

P5: 9.26.1590.0

P6: 49bebf9f

P7: c0000005

P8: 0004fbc5

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Users\PC\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1C6C.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_arma2oa.exe_debf20d272c9ed26d72fecf9e76771aa3bab67b_082c63d7

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 253813cc-e011-11e1-ac94-14dae94609ed

Report Status: 0

Whenever the game crashes everything on my Computer acts funny

i actually just replaced the ram too because i thought the same thing.... trust me i've tried a lot... its strange for multiple people to be getting a bug like this... the computer works perfectly fine for everything but playing DayZ at which point everything crashes. This points me away from the hardware unless the program is causeing the system to crash.

Yep getting this all the time, just made a post but has to be approved by mod. Computer runs great, Arma2 makes it look like im running a 2004 machine, constant crashes, freezes, black screens.

"

Whenever the game crashes everything on my Computer acts funny

"

Last time i restarted my pc after a round of crashes, my pc tried reinstalling a ton of drivers by itself and changed a ton of system settings. Has never happened to me before.

Edited by Borntolose

The faulting module listed is a DirectX Audio file. Perhaps something with directx or your sounds card is to blame?

Do you have a different sound card to attempt to run the game with (onboard/off-board).

Also, 0xC00000005 is a common error. It means that a piece of software/driver tried to access memory that is not in it's addressable space. It is usually cause by

1.) Run out of RAM

2.) Bad RAM

3.) Bug in software/driver.

You can go further to debug something like this, but you are talking about using WinDBG - which would entail the installation of the Windows SDK. It would be a long drawn out process and you are still not guaranteed to get anywhere since you don't have the debug symbols and the stack traces would be useless to someone that doesn't have the code.

I would recommend wiping everything related to the sound card/direct x and try them again. Also, just for fun, try disabling all sound related hardware in the device manager and play the game without sound at all. See if that yields any different results.

This happens to me too. Sasquatcho, gotten anywhere? Has anyone gotten anywhere in relation to this issue? I made a video of what happens....