Dirty Rotten Scoundrel

Contact from Battle Eye - Doesn't mean much though.

<xxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com>

Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 5:41PM

to: support@battleye.com

Actual company or farce?

What exactly are you doing for Arma 2?

You make no official statements....ever.

With recent increase in Arma 2 sales and the growing popularity of the DayZ modification you would think your company would step up your game.

This is some of the worse software attacks I have seen in a long time and you do very little to stop it.

If you are not able to combat these issues tell Bohemia that you can NOT handle it.

I mean you never thought to restrict texture until recently?

When will we see a global ban wave? Do you have an ETA on handling this?

Hackers have made the game mostly unplayable for a very large amount of the players.

Popularity will decrease soon and when Arma 3 comes out it will NOT be trusted.

This will stay with you forever if you don't sort it out now.

If I did my job half as terrible as you do yours I would be on the street eating cat food.

Get it together!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bastian Suter bastians@battleye.com

Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 5:00 AM

Hi,

many things are being done to fight this problem. There have been quite a few ban waves and there will continue to be. In fact the whole system will get even harsher, so please don't ever test any hacks as they will only get you banned. I understand your frustration and I'm working with the game developers to improve the situation, because a great part of it is caused by the game's too open multiplayer engine.

Regards,

Bastian Suter

Edited by Dirty Rotten Scoundrel

What he is saying is completely right, and you are an absolute retard for writing such email to battleye. They have done several banwaves, they are doing what they can. But the ultimate blame for the abilities and ways of completely ruining servers, are the fault of bohemia, NOT BATTLEYE.

• Like 2

You are so cool for calling out BattlEye. There is no possible way that they are doing what they can to resolve these issues. Shame on BI and BattlEye for not giving us instant gratification. :rolleyes:

Sooo, you want a anti-hacking system to publish how they handle hackers, so it will be easier for hackers to circumvent the measures they have taken?

Plenty of hackers have been banned, Too bad you didn't spend a full 3 minutes on this forum and you could easily see that.

Whine whine, QQ buhuuuu, i lost my alice pack with a AK in it WAHHHHHHHH. Grow up.

Sadly you don't know shit about jack. Arma was always suppose to be a trusting system and as such scripting was basicly allowed. And they could get away with it, because Arma was a mature grown up community, and then DayZ came along.

• Like 2

What he is saying is completely right, and you are an absolute retard for writing such email to battleye. They have done several banwaves, they are doing what they can. But the ultimate blame for the abilities and ways of completely ruining servers, are the fault of bohemia, NOT BATTLEYE.

Excuse me if I am wrong which I don't think I am (I work in software development).

If my medical software company hired EMC for security, which we do and we have a breach of patient information which is federal violation EMC would be responsible for the breach and to fix the security hole.

Why would Bohemia contract out to protect their intellectual property and not have them responsible?

Hog wash.

Sooo, you want a anti-hacking system to publish how they handle hackers, so it will be easier for hackers to circumvent the measures they have taken?

Plenty of hackers have been banned, Too bad you didn't spend a full 3 minutes on this forum and you could easily see that.

Whine whine, QQ buhuuuu, i lost my alice pack with a AK in it WAHHHHHHHH. Grow up.

Sadly you don't know shit about jack. Arma was always suppose to be a trusting system and as such scripting was basicly allowed. And they could get away with it, because Arma was a mature grown up community, and then DayZ came along.

They have done shit stop smoking their cocks retard.

I have seen no security.

New plan, setup said "anti-cheat" company.

Agree I can protect your product.

Sign contract.

Sit on my ass.

That is what I am seeing, fucktards.

Edited by Dirty Rotten Scoundrel

Excuse me if I am wrong which I don't think I am (I work in software development).

If my medical software company hired EMC for security, which we do and we have a breach of patient information which is federal violation EMC would be responsible for the breach and to fix the security hole.

Why would Bohemia contract out to protect their intellectual property and not have them responsible?

Hog wash.

They are "somewhat" responsible for security, they work alongside bohemia. But, a security company can only do so much with what they are given. Let me elaborate on your example

If your medical software company hired EMC with the task of securing your 50 computers which are stored in a shed, outside the business, with no lock on the doorhandle and only a simple windows login to access all the files, EMC has no way of changing "source" in this case, move the computers to a safer location, putting a lock on the door, and increasing the login on the computers.

All they can do, is try and make sure no one gets away, once they have breached.

Who would you be mad at, if you wer breached?

They have done shit stop smoking their cocks retard.

I have seen no security.

New plan, setup said "anti-cheat" company.

Agree I can protect your product.

Sign contract.

Sit on my ass.

That is what I am seeing, fucktards.

http://i.imgur.com/JaQsJ.png

http://i.imgur.com/gtEAA.png

http://i.imgur.com/vH5ji.png

Please stop being stupid

Edited by Suspenselol

You are so cool for calling out BattlEye. There is no possible way that they are doing what they can to resolve these issues. Shame on BI and BattlEye for not giving us instant gratification. :rolleyes:

Yah I was going for cool. Not really I have no reason to impress a bunch of unemployed 13 year olds such as yourself.

Thought everyone would get a chuckle out of the automated response.

Have a very nice day and please fuck your face on the way out.

They are "somewhat" responsible for security, they work alongside bohemia. But, a security company can only do so much with what they are given. Let me elaborate on your example

If your medical software company hired EMC with the task of securing your 50 computers which are stored in a shed, outside the business, with no lock on the doorhandle and only a simple windows login to access all the files, EMC has no way of changing "source" in this case, move the computers to a safer location, putting a lock on the door, and increasing the login on the computers.

All they can do, is try and make sure no one gets away, once they have breached.

Who would you be mad at, if you wer breached?

http://i.imgur.com/JaQsJ.png

http://i.imgur.com/gtEAA.png

http://i.imgur.com/vH5ji.png

Please stop being stupid

EMC would never agree to support your scenario. We have our product in data center protected by bullet proof glass.

Just like Battle Eye shouldn't have accepted to support the Arma engine.

Just proving my point more.

EMC would never agree to support your scenario. We have our product in data center protected by bullet proof glass.

Just like Battle Eye shouldn't have accepted to support the Arma engine.

Just proving my point more.

Thats not the point. You are in the first place, comparing 2 completely different form of systems, that in no way relates.

In the video game industry, anti cheat systems are contracted to handle a mandatory peice of software on the side, to look for memory injections, manipulation, altering of game files etc etc. They do this mostly seperate from the company that contracted them, unless something big happens.

They do not have access to change game mechanics, rewrite code, remove features, add features or anything within the game. They are solely developing the anti cheat client. It is like this with all anti-cheat systems.

The core of the problem, as the battleye representitive said, lies with Bohemia and their very open multiplayer engine which worked FINE until Day Z. Battleye is doing what they can, with what they have got, and its definatly not an easy job.

You just have no understanding of how these systems work, and your absurd childish behaviour here on the forums leads me to believe, you wont ever get educated in regards to these things in the gaming industry, and you probably wont listen to reasoning and facts either.

Edited by Suspenselol

Thats not the point. You are in the first place, comparing 2 completely different form of systems, that in no way relates.

In the video game industry, anti cheat systems are contracted to handle a mandatory peice of software on the side, to look for memory injections, manipulation, altering of game files etc etc. They do this mostly seperate from the company that contracted them, unless something big happens.

They do not have access to change game mechanics, rewrite code, remove features, add features or anything within the game. They are solely developing the anti cheat client. It is like this with all anti-cheat systems.

The core of the problem, as the battleye representitive said, lies with Bohemia and their very open multiplayer engine which worked FINE until Day Z. Battleye is doing what they can, with what they have got, and its definatly not an easy job.

You just have no understanding of how these systems work, and your absurd childish behaviour here on the forums leads me to believe, you wont ever get educated in regards to these things in the gaming industry, and you probably wont listen to reasoning and facts either.

No I was quite nice and adult until mother fuckers troll such as yourself.

"absolute retard"- nice and adult.

Now go fuck your face please.

Reasoning isnt calling someone a retard.....I am jus sayin.........

Again go fuck your face.

Again this was just to post the automated answer from BE.

I sent an email to Bohemia and of course no response :)

Yes I understand how game developing works. I have multiple contacts at Rockstar games to Sony Interactive to EA. The list goes on and on.

Im not going to have a 19 year old explain what I knew 15 years ago.

You would think after 4 months of attacks every party involved would make it happen or release a statement.

None of this happened and it is fail. You can support them all you want and I am merely stating there will not be anything left to alpha test.

Again this was just to post the automated answer from BE.

I sent an email to Bohemia and of course no response :)

Yes I understand how game developing works. I have multiple contacts at Rockstar games to Sony Interactive to EA. The list goes on and on.

Im not going to have a 19 year old explain what I knew 15 years ago.

You would think after 4 months of attacks every party involved would make it happen or release a statement.

None of this happened and it is fail. You can support them all you want and I am merely stating there will not be anything left to alpha test.

No, you dont know how game development works and anti cheat security. You have clearly showed this in this thread. I honestly wonder how you are employed doing what you do, if in fact you are doing what you say you are.

Theres no reason to release any statements, like is this your first PC game? What are you even trying to say...

Battlefield 2, ancient game, still hacks for it, no changes in source, no "statements"

Call of Duty, ancient game(s) still hacks for it, no changes in source, no "statements"

Crysis, ancient game(s) still hacks for it, no changes in source, no statements.

Battlefield 3, year old game soon, still hacks for it, no changes in source, no statements.

Anti-cheat systems works on the side, doing what they can with what they have. Its how it works, its how its always worked.

I kinda feel everyone is missing the point. . . ArMA 2 was made a certain way and the scripts, as you guy refer to them as hacks, are making it so these cheats are available. The only way to stop these hacks is to hard code the game so that players cannot modify their characters and that loot spawns are run via the hive. As it stands anyone can download a script kiddie and bring in these scripts. If there were an easy way to encode a way to stop players from running scripts then it would have been done by now. . rocket and battleeye aren't top blame it's the kids with their scripts and the ARMA 2 developers for designing the game the way that they did. . . but the game wasn't intended for this type of game play so it's only the kids and their scripts. It's foolish to think a military simulator, designed to train military personal would be used by kids and cheaters for the program was designed for people who's lives depended on the realism not the ability to alter scenarios with codes. It's frustrating yes, but give it time. . .and a solution will be found. . . until then understanding is all we can do. . . after all these are all first world spoiled brat problems. . . it's not like it's the end of the world here guys.

The battleye guys are doing thier best, the dayz team are doing their best and the Arma 2 guys did their jobs. . . it's the script guys who are messing up the game. . for now they are a part of it, like being sniped in cherno. . . That's how I've shifted my perception, as shitty as it is. . I least I can still have fun.

Edited by schalart

Again, as in another post you made, I agree with you that they are making great progress and are doing so at a rapid pace. The bottom line is the issues they are seeing and the problems they are facing SHOULD NEVER HAVE MADE IT PUBLIC. These are not advanced injection modules, or assembly level attacks. These are stupid script kiddie hacks. If they can't prevent those, what can they prevent?

I don't see why every post about "I think this sucks", or "this doesn't work correctly" turns into a rage fest of people screaming at each other and calling them stupid. As intelligent as you seem to be on the topic, your condescension makes all that moot when I read your comments.

The hacks that are in those other games are far less common and much more advanced than what is currently able to get around BE. I can't get on aqny server for more than a couple hours without seeing some kind of hack occur. And that my friend, is what makes it ridiculous.

I don't agree 100% sending them an e-mail like that, but they should have PR people to answer those kinds of e-mails to do it better than what they did. The reply was total shit and that is all my comment was put towards.

Again, as in another post you made, I agree with you that they are making great progress and are doing so at a rapid pace. The bottom line is the issues they are seeing and the problems they are facing SHOULD NEVER HAVE MADE IT PUBLIC. These are not advanced injection modules, or assembly level attacks. These are stupid script kiddie hacks. If they can't prevent those, what can they prevent?

I don't see why every post about "I think this sucks", or "this doesn't work correctly" turns into a rage fest of people screaming at each other and calling them stupid. As intelligent as you seem to be on the topic, your condescension makes all that moot when I read your comments.

The hacks that are in those other games are far less common and much more advanced than what is currently able to get around BE. I can't get on aqny server for more than a couple hours without seeing some kind of hack occur. And that my friend, is what makes it ridiculous.

I don't agree 100% sending them an e-mail like that, but they should have PR people to answer those kinds of e-mails to do it better than what they did. The reply was total shit and that is all my comment was put towards.

This is not exactly correct. The methods of executing scripts are not complicated, no. But bypasses are, and these are made by more experienced people, and then run by "script kiddies" so that they can run scripts through cheatengine/executers etc.

Oh I get how it works just fine I have seen it many times before.

So an open sand box with anti-cheat.

None of you see where I am going with this.

Look into CA combat arms. They have anti-cheat. It loads up so you can "feel" protected. Even though it has done nothing since the creation of the game.

This is not exactly correct. The methods of executing scripts are not complicated, no. But bypasses are, and these are made by more experienced people, and then run by "script kiddies" so that they can run scripts through cheatengine/executers etc.

I love how you sit around so smug defending these retards. I am not just talking about battle eye I included Bohemia in this email/post.

So texture restriction not added till recently.

How professional and current.

I me our LAN team member was working for punkbuster years ago for hl1 and it was sorted out. That is a Quake2 issue from before hl1.

Its rookie.