susscon

***FLICKERING***

Ok i apologize for posting another topic on this issue, BUT this is quite a serious problem that nobody seems to have a fix for.

The Flickering issue!!!

**THIS IS NOT JUST A DAYZ MOD ISSUE*** it also happens in single player on all ARMA series games

in certain light when you look at a certain angle, the screen will start to flicker more and more until u get a complete whiteout, then look down to the ground and it will re-focus (kind of like eyes adjusting from taking off night vision)

happens a lot more when you aim in 1st person.

anyway, i have combed google for answers and nobody seems to have a 100% fix for this unless it involves lowering your graphics to an unacceptable level ( THIS IS NOT A FIX )

suggestions of cause are:

Crossfire

Ati Drivers

Graphic settings

overheating

the list goes on!

i can confirm that it is NONE of the above.

i too blamed crossfire but no proof that it was actually that because other users have single GPU's and have the same issues.

then i blamed ATI for there pathetic drivers, but Nvidia users also have the problem.

A lot have this problem and its serious shit when u you need to take out a zombie attacking or a bandit after your goods and when u go to take a shot u get a whiteout from flicker on the screen.

this must me a game issue or a combined issue from graphics cards and the game.

PLEASE if anyone has found a FIX for this not a WORKAROUND by dropping graphics settings u would make a lot of people happy

vids on youtube can be found if you have never seen this issue yourself, just search HDR FLICKER ARMA II.

Edited by Susscon

there has been a METRIC SHIT TON of post on this already... the dev. team is working on it... it has something to do with zeds dying near barbed wire that causes the flickering/tearing/glitching...

there has been a METRIC SHIT TON of post on this already... the dev. team is working on it... it has something to do with zeds dying near barbed wire that causes the flickering/tearing/glitching...

nope i know its not this as it happens in single player also, in ARMA II ARMA OA and even the ARMA addons, its not just a DayZ issue

i assume u mean the artifacting... i had this but not for a while now, just quiting the game and joining back in seems to correct that problem as a workaround

but that is not the same issue im talking about in this thread

Edited by Susscon

Nevermind.

if u read my first post buddy i have tried all sorts of graphic adjustments from low to high, high to low in every combination possible... i can confirm it not anything to do with graphic settings in game (like i said)

sorry quoted on the wrong reply, this was ment for ''

Edited by Susscon

Try pressing alt+enter to go windowed, then switch it back to fullscreen.

might work, but the problem would only return... but thanx for the tip anyway, ill try it next time.

thing is u cant really do that in the middle of a firefight, or running for your life... as i said it seems to happen alot more as you aim your gun

wait for the next beta patch. Bohemia know all about it.

well im not too sure about that, as i had this problem when i first had arma WAY before this mod, im not sure if its the game or peoples setup, as alot of people have never had this problem, which brings me to the reason why i think its a cross problem to do with the game and system configs and setups.

just to confirm what im talking about so people dont confuse this post with ARTIFACTING!

Yes! Finally, someone else who is having this problem... I really hope someone can come up with a solution for this! It is frustrating, I've only noticed it when there is a transition from dark to light. Like when coming out of a forest or shadow during the day, or when finding a helicopter crash at night and looking at the muzzle flash of the minigun. (Without NVGs)

This is what people say fixes the flickering for them...., personally i class it as a workaround as its just another way of turning your graphic settings down.. i have not tried it myself because i would rather play on max settings as i should be able to play it, not having to reduce my settings.

i would rather put up with the flickering until there is a complete fix for this issue than lower my graphics so the game looks shit.

but here is the .cfg setup which people say worked for them.

repost if this worked for you.

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=100000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Windowed=0;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1920;

Render_H=1080;

FSAA=0;

postFX=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

HDRPrecision=32;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=2113937408;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

vsync=0;

AToC=0;

FXAA=0;

PPAA=0;

PPAA_Level=0;

I did those adjustments. *(Other than GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1; I changed that to 3 and the next line too. Somewhere else someone said this line was related to framerate issues.) And it really does seem better, on a side note, however, my resolution for some reason is phenominal now! I couldn't get resolution this good by turning up all the in-game graphic controls this high. Everything is crisp and clear now, so thanks for all of it!

Good to hear, i think ill actually give it a go myself then.

you can only do so much tweaking using the ingame settings, this is another check list i have come across on the forums which has had a lot of good feedback, so u might want to give this a try also.

http://dayzmod.com/f...se-performance/

Thanks to

Edited by Susscon