Sign in to follow this  
Zakificus

Butthurt Admin (Venting thread)

TL;DR:

iLLxTyphus got butthurt we raided his clans camp and stole their chopper and raided their camp. Then promptly dumped/reset the whole server when we were flying it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So a few days ago had a frustrating case of butthurt admins that can't deal with losing their precious stash.

Server was US 905 (it has since been reset completely / renamed). Found admins / clans camp up in the north on Night 1. That's a funny story in and of itself. I got abandoned in the north on another server when I lagged out. So I joined a random nighttime server and sprinted back towards camp. Lo and behold I go up a hill and see a bus surrounded by tents and barbwire. Greatest random camp I've found to date. Anyways, stole an atv and a few weapons. As soon as I got back to my camp I let my friends know and I logged off for the night. Next day I log in, and they inform me they went there that night and stole a chopper from them, literally moments after they landed it. A short while later the admin logs in and announces he's kicking everyone that isn't in one of the 3 clans that are listed on their MOTD. (iLL, [TL], and one other that I forget). After a while of that, finally able to log in, we figure that since nobody was banned in our group, the admin must not be too bad since he isn't just removing everyone who was involved in raiding their camp.

Night 2, we returned for another raid, all the best stuff was gone, but I stole a V3S and it was fairly loaded up. Parked that back at our camp. Then we waited for everyone to log on so we could go have helicopter fun flying around the map. After a few people were on we flew to refuel it. Then went to pick up our friends scattered around the map. As we were doing a tour across the southern edge of the map we passed elektro right as the server went down.

After that when the server comes back online, everything has been completely wiped, and the server restarted from scratch. There was in-game discussions between admin and clans discussing moving everything to a new server today, when everyone not in the clans was kicked yet again.

iLLxTyphus I thought you were better than that... After we stole the chopper and truck, I scoured the forums, to see if you had posts on here, and they frankly seemed pretty straight-forward and stand-up. I assumed you wouldn't be the type to rage-quit and dump the whole server as soon as you saw someone in your chopper.

we dont even hoard the cars cause i want to see them used everyday by players

Guess that explains the Bus, Offroad Truck, V3S, Ural, Cars, and ATV I found before you landed in the chopper which we promptly stole. Then again you did also say this:

im always sketched out about getting TP'ed on and losing everything idk if i could continue paying for my server if it happens we spend many man hours setting up our camp

Anyways, on to the next I suppose. At this rate I think I'll have to make my own server so that I can enforce legitimate rules and not freak out whenever someone finds one of my precious camps. After all, it is pretty much the point of this game that eventually everyone loses everything.

P.S.

I'm not going to start a flame war back and forth about how I need to show proof, or about how I found it all so I must have been hacking. Or any other excuse that the restarts were 'just for testing' or, what did you use in game "Clearing out hackers", something like that. I was there first hand. You know what you did. Lol

I find it hard to believe that someone would completely destroy and rename a server because of this. Sounds like they were moving hosts anyway and your own sense of self-importance attributed these actions to your own server hopping "heroics".

Edited by Clav
  • Like 1

I find it hard to believe that someone would completely destroy and rename a server because of this

Not for me. Same sh1t was recently with one russian servers - there are someone stole/burned all admin's clan vehicles and admin closed the server.

Edited by run4way

Title implies they shut the server down moments after your stole the chopper.

Then I read the thread and it's like two days later? What the fuck?

Although, kicking everyone but clan members is suspect.

We didn't fly the chopper until 1 day after we took it.

Day 1: I steal ATV and some weapons.

Later that day we stole the chopper.

Day 2: Organize to fly chopper around later that night.

Later on day 2, server restarted / wiped while we flew it.

My assumption was the restarts (about 3 times) were because they thought the server ate the chopper. Then they saw us flying it, realized it had been stolen along with the other stuff in the camp. Then crashed it all.

Edit:

It was less than 24 hours from when we stole the chopper until the server was crashed and renamed.

Edited by Zakificus

yep, me and my buddy stole the chopper and were very happy to find it saved at our location the day after.

logging in for a random check, i see an admin message "everyone who is not in one of the 3 clans get the fuck out of my server i am fighting hackers". then i get kicked

wtf kind of way is that to be talking to people playing on your server anyway? are we all hacking?

later in the day we flew the chopper, admin was on the server definitely, and then all of a sudden no message recieved for 15 seconds mid air, server down and after restart chopper/ural/tents everything gone.

dont want to hear any excuses, it's blatant obvious what happened there