manglips

Playing Reasonably?

Beans to you sir :) I am curious, when you are not playing (at work/school, with friends or gf) how much do you think about the game? Can you put it totally out of your mind or does it linger there?

Sometimes it can linger if I left determined to do something in game without accomplishing it. At work, I browse the forums A LOT. I get tired of FB and the news quickly so I camp on these boards when I get a good amount of work finished.

• Like 1

I only play and hour or so a day, I hardly ever reach 2 hours. Some days I don't even get on to play games.

Work affects my social life and every other aspect of my life because I am mandatory 7 days a week and I work 2nd shift.

Video games themselves are just a way for me to relax for an hour or two before I go to bed. I find games to be much more enjoyable than sitting in front of the idiot box. Given the opportunity I will do other activities before playing games.

Sounds like a model of moderation, cheers and beans to you :)

My job is video games. Can't stop playing. ..... Baaaaaahhhhhhh. Normally I game about 2 hours a day for work, but with days recently... Ive made it so I am playing about 5 hours a day. I really do need a good slap. Im not sure this is healthy haha

• Like 1

Beans for honesty and insight. I assume you've never told her you'd rather play videogames than hang out! lol. In the long term just make sure you find a girl who has similar needs for personal time and space and you'll be fine. :)

Actually I do tell her that Im playing video games so that's why I wont hang out with her that day lol. But she gets enough time with me. I keep her happy.

Sometimes it can linger if I left determined to do something in game without accomplishing it. At work, I browse the forums A LOT. I get tired of FB and the news quickly so I camp on these boards when I get a good amount of work finished.

Isn't that the worst? Leaving the game before you accomplish your task.... ouch! :)

My job is video games. Can't stop playing. ..... Baaaaaahhhhhhh. Normally I game about 2 hours a day for work, but with days recently... Ive made it so I am playing about 5 hours a day. I really do need a good slap. Im not sure this is healthy haha

haha at least you are getting paid to do it! what company are you with and what exactly is your function, if you dont mind me asking?

I must say I play this game a TON, sometimes 4-6 hours on a night. I have a Full time job, Girlfriend,house,vehicle all the stuff required. It does not really affect anything I still go out with my GF, to work on time, go out and do social activities. But while I am at home there isnt much of a difference from mindlessly watching tv vs playing a game. She doesnt mind at all ( I don't ignore her while on ) we have an understanding that if she pokes me its time to get off. Plus I cook dinner everynight for us.

• Like 1

I must say I play this game a TON, sometimes 4-6 hours on a night. I have a Full time job, Girlfriend,house,vehicle all the stuff required. It does not really affect anything I still go out with my GF, to work on time, go out and do social activities. But while I am at home there isnt much of a difference from mindlessly watching tv vs playing a game. She doesnt mind at all ( I don't ignore her while on ) we have an understanding that if she pokes me its time to get off. Plus I cook dinner everynight for us.

Haha is it sad that the part in red above sounded to me like a list of equipment or loadout? I have GPS, NVG, Hatchet, Matches, Hunting Knife... all the stuff required. In all seriousness, glad to hear that you can enjoy the game the amount you want without it negatively affecting your relationship. Just be careful.... sometimes women are more complicated than us in the way they process things and she might hold off on telling you her complete true feelings about it. Just watch for the signs and as long as she seems happy and fulfilled, play away!

• Like 1

sometimes women are more complicated than us in the way they process things and she might hold off on telling you her complete true feelings about it.

Correction.. this should read "women are ALWAYS more complicated than us ...." lol

Being a single person do you notice the game affecting your dating life at all? What age group are you in, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for your response, have some beans :)

Im 30, my dating life dont get hurt much. I rarely play on friday/saturday when the "fun" stuff happens :D I play when i have nothing better to do. Im a red head so being in the sun aint good for me anyways so why not sit inside and play then.

Ive done it before where i let a game go over my social life, i wont let that happen again so i keep on a reasonable basis. I have something social or better to do i do it. If not i can play an entire day.

• Like 1

I'm 26, married and I play games around 55 hours a week. I'm pretty aware that I have a problem.

• Like 1