Sign in to follow this  
newiadomy@gmail.com

Target Practice?

So I wanted to play http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14616 so I can get some target practice.

"Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine"

Despite the claims from many fanboys that BIS deserves our money for this game, I've found it to not be true and as such I will be contributing to the problem and all you fresh spawns can be my target practice instead.

Sincerely

Mad Bitter

(Don't give me solutions that would take 3+ hours to execute, it's a laughable concept for something I paid a non-minute amount of money for)

Never had a game requiring a change in launch options to run...

It ran when I first installed the game, however I like many others bought Arma2 for DayZ. Six updater keeps DayZ running fine with no issues.

Really don't wanna be the asshat top-mid cherno with L85 Thermal.

AdmiralGreene: I load DayZ using RAMdisk because of terrible optimisation within the game.... only DayZ and Arma2 is working... not OA

Edited by heafmo

Extract in the the Missions folder instead of the MPMissions.

Then you can find the The Shooting Range, inside the Singleplayer -> scenarios.

Use 'vanilla' CO, works for me.

Vanilla Arma 2? I want to use that firing range map I linked so my friends can gather there. Not just play single player.

No Beta Loaded? I don't know =/ Should I? Or should the game just work like all others (or at least have a clear solution to 99.9% of problems)

(appreciating the attempts to help me dispite my rage-filled OP)

I just find it amazing how the community already has programs that keeps day Z running without a hitch and the only user-intervention required is to open six updater once a day.... Yet trying to do anything else with arma results in frustration.

Edited by heafmo

I downloaded the ARMA 2 range OP linked and I'm able to run it but I've run into an issue where I can't spawn. I just get the oversight of the entire area. Is there a specific team or something I'm supposed to join?

EDIT: I can't seem to use single player mode, it's greyed out

Edited by Keylime314

Like the other posters said, just start up Operation Arrowhead (my preference) and go to single player. The tutorials and the armory are actually fun to play.

One armory challenge turned me into a rabbit, and I had to hide from the hunters for a certain amount of time. Crazy stuff.

I downloaded the ARMA 2 range OP linked and I'm able to run it but I've run into an issue where I can't spawn. I just get the oversight of the entire area. Is there a specific team or something I'm supposed to join?

EDIT: I can't seem to use single player mode, it's greyed out

Use vanilla CO, instead of dayz mod loaded. With dayz you cant play SP.

Like the other posters said, just start up Operation Arrowhead

What IS Vanilla?

Edited by heafmo

Use vanilla CO, instead of dayz mod loaded. With dayz you cant play SP.

I did launch it through steam, should I click off dayz in the mods marker?

Vanilla is a term used to describe a game with no extra mods put into it. For example, Vanilla Minecraft is minecraft with no mods installed.

Don't have DayZ running, it'll probably mess something up when you try.

What IS Vanilla?

Arma without any mods loaded.

I did launch it through steam, should I click off dayz in the mods marker?

Could do. Easier to make a special shortcut for Dayz. So you have 1 for vanilla CO and 1 for dayz.

Edited by chilled

Oh Okay, Thanks for clarifying what Vanilla means. However, that is what I've already been trying to do. Running CO results in directx error. DayZ and Arma2 (NOT CO) is fine.

Dafuq?

Normally i get the directx error when my shortcut is faulty. Do you have it as a steam game?

Have you done things such as run Arma 2 CO as admin or reinstall directx, or starting steam and starting it from there?

Edited by AdmiralGreene

No, I avoid steam where I can and I bought it direct from BIS (was also cheaper than steam, lol)

Have tried reinstalling directx 9 (don't see how it would help as DayZ and Arma2 manages to load to menu)

Also tried running as administrator. No difference.

No, I avoid steam where I can and I bought it direct from BIS (was also cheaper than steam, lol)

Have tried reinstalling directx 9 (don't see how it would help as DayZ and Arma2 manages to load to menu)

Also tried running as administrator. No difference.

What are you trying to run? Firing Range, right? Try reinstalling that, something might've gone bad.

Try running something singleplayer first, if that works, then it's a problem with Firing range

This is exactly the reason why six updater is a terrible idea. When something goes wrong you lack the skill and knowledge of how it all works to fix it.

Agree.

I got the same issue, I just built my PC 3 weeks ago or so, and have no software knowledge to fix it. I uninstalled and reinstalled. seemed to do the trick! good luck.

Never had a game requiring a change in launch options to run...

It ran when I first installed the game, however I like many others bought Arma2 for DayZ. Six updater keeps DayZ running fine with no issues.

Really don't wanna be the asshat top-mid cherno with L85 Thermal.

AdmiralGreene: I load DayZ using RAMdisk because of terrible optimisation within the game.... only DayZ and Arma2 is working... not OA

Snarky.

The launch options relate to the beta install, and using the beta executable.