SparkPlugg

Gun+backpack gone at login

Hey,

The server my tent is on changed name. Great. After several logins to different servers,in fast succession, looking for my tent, I suddenly found myself to be without any tools, weapons or backpack. The rest of the inventory was intact.

Did I experience a non-hive server!? Known bug?

I'm suspicious to one of the servers (all found in DayZCommander) since I was transformed into a cow (...) soon after login.

Tent found but I'm now without a rifle. Can anyone shed any light on how to avoid this in the future?

Cheers!

Same thing kinda happen to me.

I died, found my body and picked all my gear up. Logged onto another server and its all gone. Only spent 2-3weeks getting all my gear.

I had a lot of good gear so you could say I'm pissed

this happened to me 2 (happens) its so freakin anoying!

Same thing kinda happen to me.

I died, found my body and picked all my gear up. Logged onto another server and its all gone. Only spent 2-3weeks getting all my gear.

I had a lot of good gear so you could say I'm pissed

That's because you were on what I call a slow saving server, the ones that take a long time to log into also take a long time to save your gear, don't log out so quickly.

That's because you were on what I call a slow saving server, the ones that take a long time to log into also take a long time to save your gear, don't log out so quickly.

The server I played on didn't take long to load. And i should of known not to log out so quick, but was scared that the sniper could of been watching over my body. o well

is there any other way to tell than log in time?

i had cooked some meat ate it and helaed up to 12k blood then logged out. next time i came in i was back down in the 9k area of blood and had all the meat but it was still raw, like i had never cooked or ate it. would this be an example of a slow saving server?

i lost weapons from bag after login 4times already and once i lost entire bag after login, happend to me on 2 warious servers..logged off with backpack and next day logged without it, shit happens

Very interesting. It also makes sense. Just one question - how do I log out slowly!? Lol. Do you mean wait for a while before login on another server perhaps?

Anyways, thanks for the info.

Very interesting. It also makes sense. Just one question - how do I log out slowly!? Lol. Do you mean wait for a while before login on another server perhaps?

Anyways, thanks for the info.

It is always worth waiting a while before logging out, if you do anything important (e.g. pick up a new weapon), in case the server has not yet updated to the Hive.

I have lost my backpack before when logging in, I was wearing a ghillie suit at the time, so blamed it on that.

Please remember that you are testing an alpha stage mod, don't expect there to be no bugs. We are here to find them and remove them, along with helping rocket develop the mod.

Yep, happened to me just now. Couldn't find the server where i pitched my tents, locked in to a different one, but had to abort due to server restart (said something about cfg change), logged in to another server and suddenly no weapons anymore, no bagpack and all my tools are gone. Ammo, food and drinks still existed, though.

With my Camo Suit and bare hands I am looking now like a bad ass, looting supermartkets