Sign in to follow this  
conrad@extremeprojects.com.au

Character reverts?

Is it possible to get character reverts if it is due to an error in the map?

My friend and I have been playing characters for several days and all of a sudden got stuck on the edge of a lake at GRID 14079. We had to suicide and try get back there but didn't get anywhere with that. Needless to say it's ****ing annoying.

Rocket is lucky this is a mod, being one, he has no obligation to anything. Having no "save" points or no ability to check characters for this issue and revert them is really off.

ps, I have, of course, posted a bug about this area and the problem therein.

- C

The game's still iin Beta and he's trying to fix it as good as possible. In my opinion the save option won't really work because then you could just save, get killed and get back to where you saved.

I've died to many times of glitches and I'm just hoping for better days.

No. It is not possible.

Rocket is lucky this is a mod

Or what, you would beat him up?

Haha.

I sure do love the forums sometimes.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

@Bozo, I understand, of course a save system doesn't work. I mean the server saving iterations of character data for situations like this.

@ZedsDeadBaby, Lol, no that wasn't mean as a threat, more as an ironic compliment. I see how it came across though. The meaning in it is: the way in which the game has/is being developed, your standard games studio wouldn't last their first product cycle. Go play any game in the alpha stages and the product is in a seriously different state. This is akin to a game being beta and having its OWN zombie apocalypse within the code! haha ;)