Sign in to follow this  
siNeon (DayZ)

Best preformance config/max framerate

Hello the community of DayZ !

I recently bought Arma 2 : CO and have been playing the DayZ mod for some time now. I don't have the best PC, so I did a search and tried some configs.

Nothing seems to be working very well, so I ask you to post the best config or help me with my preformance issues.

PC Spec :

AMD Anthlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ 2.00Ghz

2 GB of RAM

Radeon HD 6850 1 GB

OS Windows Xp

If you have any tips how to boost my preformance, please tell and thank you in the future.

Have a good one, Neon

Edited by siNeon

Have a look over these forums for FPS issues, there's plenty of posts discussing it. I think many of the suggestions for boosting your performance are going to point to your RAM.

Have a look over these forums for FPS issues, there's plenty of posts discussing it. I think many of the suggestions for boosting your performance are going to point to your RAM.

Having a much better CPU would help too

Note, if anyone can help me find a CPU that's better then my current and is still on the market please let me know !

Motherboard ASrock 939 Dual-SATA2

remember: grafic qualitiy settings high and very high tend to use your gpu, where as normal and below use your cpu - so it might help to disable some things and set some things to high/very high and reduce resolution

CPU for that socket is going to mad expensive compared to newer proc's in the current generation of sockets. Don't bother upgrading. Save up and build a new one.

Yeah I know, currently looking just for a RAM upgrade, might add 2 gig, don't really think that 4 gb of ram will change anything tho, since the CPU is so old..

DayZ / ARMA 2 is a bit of a RAM hog. I think on average it will soak up 1.5GB ram at least on it's own. More RAM will help.

Allright, will probably buy a pair so i'd upgrade it to 4gig. In the near future I just hope I can get the money for a decent PC

i assume that you've got a 32bit win xp, so your hardware limit is around 3.5gb ram, if you're short on money, take a look at your taskmanager and check used memory while arma runs, maybe 1GB might be enough to add, if you got a slot left. also it's probably ddr2 ram, that you can't use on a new system, so it's not a great loss if you switch your machine sometime.

also, overclocking helped me alot (q9505 from 2.8 to 3.4ghz). if you are familiar with it, or know someome who knows what he's doing, try that, your X2 should have some potential left.

If I remember correctly, it's only Windows XP 32bit itself that won't see more then 3.74gb or RAM: Applications can still utilize the extra ram, if they are aware that the RAM is there.

I just reinstalled my PC because I had too much stuff and it was slowing it down. About the ram, currently I have DDR400 (ddr1) 2x 1gig and I can add 2 more gigs. As for overclocking I am not familiar so If anyone could help I'd be glad.

i'd not overclock then, it's probably too complicated for the few effect

but if you'd want to buy a new pc anyway then you could try (usually there is no real hardware damage, but who knows), try increasing FSB (frontside bus) a bit, by 5MHz steps maybe up to 225MHz.

But before you do - search for your mainboard manual, read it through, look after CMOS reset jumper (in case you need to reset) an watch temperatures! also system might get instable

Edited by Error10110
  • Like 1

Okay, so I didin't do nothing except format both of my disks and reserved one just for steam / DayZ. The config I used is listed in this thread : http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/45835-ultimate-guideinformation-thread-to-increase-performance/

A lot of rep to that guy that too the time and make the guide. I get bout 60-80 fps, no lag spikes whatsoever.

I hope this helps anyone else that's having the same problems as me, and if you need anything just PM me.

Have a good one, Neon.

The graphics card is more than capable, getting more ram is a start but ultimately you need a new motherboard and CPU.