Firstly this is not a QQ thread if people want to hack a game in Alpha I couldn't care less thats the point in Alpha.

One of the main reasons why I would never hack this game (and I could if i desired) is because it's a personal experience game, it creates stories and the best stories are the raw, real stories the ones were you was close to death not a situation were there was no danger because that is not a real story or experience. With hacking the stories are not found they are generated and this to me is boring.

Secondly I don't kill players, so that means I have no reason to get all these guns and wepons and making myself invisable why would I. Yes there are bandits and also hackers and I am likely being hunter by several people at once and having powerfull wepons to defend myself would be useful. Having said that if I am hacking and I am hunter by a hacker it is a stalemate no one will win, if I am a hacker and I am hunter by Bandits yeah I will likely win, but I could also win if I manually got wepons for myself, and also i get more self worth that I did defend myself.

I wouldn't hack because it disrespects the game and the developers, they have put so much time and effort into creating this game for me, and all that hackers do are drive away the community to other games of a similar stature (The War Z) and I would not want to do this.

So yeah thats why I dont hack, I understand that hackers have several reasons themselves why they feel they need to, but the only real reason is because the can't play the game and they feel they need to cheat to get ahead. IMO Ghosting is worse than hacking.

• Like 7

Maybe I should make a thread entitled "why i don't make stupid, pointless threads" and try and score me some beans, this forum is a cesspool of stupidity lately...

• Like 4

Look this is a forum and on a forum people talk I just wanted to make a thread about why I dont hack and maybe some one who was considering may read and think, actually no I wont hack, all I am trying to do is help the game, in the small way I can if that is so bad then im sorry.

Edited by Trigaar

Ease up guys.

I think its perfectly valid to post why you wouldn't hack.

Better than all the shitty threads screaming "ROCKIT FIX DA HAX U RTARD"

Good for you OP.

• Like 2

You shouldn't have to post a thread about something that is supposed to be normal. I'm not going to pet your head and say "there's a good lad".

You are either a retarded/fat/ugly/old/mongoloid who needs cheats to make him feel he can accomplish something or you are just normal and play the game by the set rules just like the rest of us.

• Like 1

Firstly this is not a QQ thread if people want to hack a game in Alpha I couldn't care less thats the point in Alpha.

I wouldn't hack because it disrespects the game and the developers, they have put so much time and effort into creating this game for me, and all that hackers do are drive away the community to other games of a similar stature (The War Z) and I would not want to do this.

Couldn't let this pass. Sorry... But seriously, what the fuck? You think its just ok to hack, if the game is alpha? Also, no hacking because it disrespects the game and the developers? What happened to the real reasons of not hacking? Let me summarize them for you:

In a multiplayer game, hacking spoils the gaming experience for other players and also usually for the hacker too. Hacking makes for frustrating and unfair encounters for other players. Of course some hacks are mostly amusing and harmless, but on the whole, hacking makes the game less fun and damages the community in the long run. Just see all the whine about hackers to see how many people it has really annoyed. Also keep in mind, that many experienced players are used to encountering hackers for years in different games and can't be bothered to make much noise about it.

Exploits, while not really hacks as such, are also damaging to other players experience and to the community. This includes all sort of alt-f4 exploits as well as item duping, to name a few. Personally I would hand out bans to any player caught disconnecting from PvP. Maybe shorter than to "real" hackers but bans nonetheless. For me the assholes with quick alt-f4 are the worst thing about the game. In the last 15 hours playing the game, I've encountered 4 hostile players. Each and every one of them disconnected from PvP.

Now, I do of course realize your post was about how you wouldn't cheat. I just thought your reasons revolved around self-centric views and thoughts. Your most important reasons seemed to be about "my experience might be less fun if I cheated" as opposed to "cheating makes game less fun for others and I have no right to cheat". There is a difference, although, of course, main thing is you oppose hacking ;)

tl;dr: OP opposes hacking, a cunt (namely me) thinks the reasons OP opposes hacking for aren't the best ones around. Rant ensues.

Edited by Squirreli

tl;dr: OP thinks it's ok to hack in alpha, except maybe if you happen to really like the devs. I disagree, rant ensues.

Taking the post out of context I said that I, couldnt care less, this does not mean I am saying it's right or it's okay to do, all im saying is I know the game is in Alpha, thats pre beta and hacking happens, aswell as gliching and other things like that. I am in no way condoning it, if you read the rest of my post you would have understood that.

Couldn't let this pass. Sorry... But seriously, what the fuck? You think its just ok to hack, if the game is alpha? Also, no hacking because it disrespects the game and the developers? What happened to the real reasons of not hacking? Let me summarize them for you:

In a multiplayer game, hacking spoils the gaming experience for other players and also usually for the hacker too. Hacking makes for frustrating and unfair encounters for other players. Of course some hacks are mostly amusing and harmless, but on the whole, hacking makes the game less fun and damages the community in the long run. Just see all the whine about hackers to see how many people it has really annoyed. Also keep in mind, that many experienced players are used to encountering hackers for years in different games and can't be bothered to make much noise about it.

Exploits, while not really hacks as such, are also damaging to other players experience and to the community. This includes all sort of alt-f4 exploits as well as item duping, to name a few. Personally I would hand out bans to any player caught disconnecting from PvP. Maybe shorter than to "real" hackers but bans nonetheless. For me the assholes with quick alt-f4 are the worst thing about the game. In the last 15 hours playing the game, I've encountered 4 hostile players. Each and every one of them disconnected from PvP.

Now, I do of course realize your post was about how you wouldn't cheat. I just thought your reasons revolved around self-centric views and thoughts. Your most important reasons seemed to be about "my experience might be less fun if I cheated" as opposed to "cheating makes game less fun for others and I have no right to cheat". There is a difference, although, of course, main thing is you oppose hacking ;)

tl;dr: OP thinks it's ok to hack in alpha, except maybe if you happen to really like the devs. I disagree, rant ensues.

Here we go; according to the poster "OP thinks it's okay to hack in alpha",

if people want to hack a game in Alpha I couldn't care less
I am in no way saying it's okay, it's the same if i said I couldnt care less if the terrorist bomb a building, I'm not condoing it im just saying I dont really care.

You then went on to say why hacking is wrong, but if you actually read what I posted, it was why I don't hack not why hacking is a bad thing to do.

Your most important reasons seemed to be about "my experience might be less fun if I cheated" as opposed to "cheating makes game less fun for others and I have no right to cheat". There is a difference, although, of course, main thing is you oppose hacking

But these are my reasons for why I dont hack, if i say that my experience is more important than everyone elces thats my opinion.

TL;DR poster should learn to read.

Edited by Trigaar

tl;dr: OP opposes hacking, a cunt (namely me) thinks the reasons OP opposes hacking for aren't the best ones around. Rant ensues.

Thats better, yeah maybe overall my reasons are not a shared view but they are my views and I stick with them

Thats better, yeah maybe overall my reasons are not a shared view but they are my views and I stick with them

Btw. I changed a few lines before your answers were visible for me, didn't change them after your posts. Anyway...

You then went on to say why hacking is wrong, but if you actually read what I posted, it was why I don't hack not why hacking is a bad thing to do.

But these are my reasons for why I dont hack, if i say that my experience is more important than everyone elces thats my opinion.

Sure they're your reasons. I just thought I'd argue for some other reasons for not cheating that I find more important than your reasons. I respect your right to your opinion even while I'm trying to persuade you to accept my opinions on the matter ;)

Not all hackers kill other players either, or ruin the game for them. Some just died and can't be bothered to start over, and just spawn a gun to get started, or some just want to explore the map. Just saying. But most hackers are in fact little kids with no remorse and just kill for fun.

Not all hackers kill other players either, or ruin the game for them. Some just died and can't be bothered to start over, and just spawn a gun to get started, or some just want to explore the map. Just saying. But most hackers are in fact little kids with no remorse and just kill for fun.

There's also the ones that make thunderdomes. I find them more respectable than the script killers

Yeah, it's not all black and white. Seemingly harmless hacks and exploits can have consequences though:

Consider the current dupe-item-wave. Everyone and their mother seems to be sporting NVGs, rangefinders and AS50 since the tent/vehicle dupe bug showed up a few patches ago. Now it is increasingly easy to get a lot of super-rare items within the first hour or two of playing a new character, and thus gearing up is way too easy. Also, the dupe items can only be avoided by refusing to take anything from tents or dead players, which is often impractical. So, most players have something in their inventory that has been duped by someone.

Since duping is so prevalent, people suspect all people who have geared up and instead of thinking "wow, thats a good player with good gear" are more likely to accuse them of duping. Same goes for hacks; good players get blamed for hacking, because hacking is so easy and there is relatively much of it...

Oh, and you can explore the map on unpopulated servers or single player or private servers, can you not?

tl;dr: In the long run, even relatively harmless hacks can lead indirectly to unwanted consequences.

Since duping is so prevalent, people suspect all people who have geared up and instead of thinking "wow, thats a good player with good gear" are more likely to accuse them of duping. Same goes for hacks; good players get blamed for hacking, because hacking is so easy and there is relatively much of it...

When one player can spend days gearing up just to be accused of hacking

And another can hack for gear and get respect and admiration sucks