dee (DayZ)

Randomly kicking and banning from DE5 "Kalles.."

Hi there..

The Admin of DE 5 is currently kicking player for friends, after rejoining he told us.. his server, his rules.. hey pays for the fu**ing server so he make the rules.. after that some guys like me got banned, after remembering to the devs rules.

Greetings

Ille

Ive been banned on the same server u're talking about.

First we got kicked from the server, afterwards he told us that DE5 is his Server and he kicked us to create space for his Friends. We told him that he isnt allowed to kick players for his friends.

Then he banned me.

U told a friend of mine, that im banned cuz i said that u got no friends.

What i said was:"U're not Allowed to kick players for creating space for ur friends!"

----------------------Deutsch ----------------------------------

Du hast nem Freund von mir erzählt ich wurde gebannt weil ich gesagt hätte das du keine Freunde hast. Was ich gesagt habe war folgendes:" Du hast niemanden zu Kicken um Platz für deine Freunde zu schaffen!"

Auch wenn Du den Server bezahlst hast Du den Regeln der Devs Folge zu leisten.

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

Failure to adhere to these rules will BAN YOUR SERVER'S IP from DayZ.

MFG

kalle ... i heard what you did because i talked with the victims in teamspeak

you had kicked players with the reason of creating space for friends ... rule brake 1!

you had banned pino after he adviced you the rules ... rule brake 2!

and now you want to say that pino hacked? ... thats really funny because i know him and he just bought arma 2 because of the mod so why should he hack? ...

Hey Kalle,

And im cheating too? You kicked me first, after that you and your friend laughed about me, told me im a little kid, if i dont like the rules of the server , i can leave.

By the way i told you that ill inform the devs if you dont stop.. maybe you should the logfile in your brain.

Cu

I just plain hate this if its true. Just because your are big and brave enough to host your own DayZ server (Oh my) doesn't mean you can do what the hell you want. I really do hope that this server gets the punishment it deserves.

I have been on to many servers (other than DayZ) where people are being dick cuz they can afford a server. They really do think they rule the world. How often hasnt you got banned on a server in lets say BF3 for hacking just cuz you happen to kill an Admin that got mad at you for it.

And the server logs he refers to doesnt mean a jackshit here as he might have kicked/Banned you for the cheating even if you just talked to him. The best thing would be if the devs checked the logs and found that he was kicking people and saying these things in the chat.

The best thing is probably to just leave their server alone and go for another one instead with less assholeish admins :)

O M G

Are you guys kidding me ??

Does it mean, people can do what ever they want on your server? They can call other N 0 0 b s, they can be sneaky to you , they can insult you , they have the RIGHT to stay on your server even when you have friends who support your server with donations to keep the server alive, but noo they cant join because the server is full over hours and people hitting the enter / join key like crazy... even then i have no right to kick people ..... They can do what ever they want ... better behave or me and my clanmembers will report your server on the dayz Forum! Great Blackmailing !

So, as Admin iam not allowed to kick idiots from my server ??

The Guys complaining here telling me

" You dont have friends, so there is no need to kick people "

" When you try to kick me i will report this instantly to the Days Forum, beware of my clanmembers "

" Your Server Laag, Get a Life Admin "

" Stop locking the Server, im gone Report !!!! "

( Iam not allowed to lock the Server for a couple of Minutes, because to many people trying to connect to your server wich causes a ServerCrash?)

I was supporting DaysMod over Twitch.tv

Some friends were streaming also ( over 500+ ) views .. to help DayZ Mod become more public.

Anyway ... BANN my Server then. No motivation to play or Rent a Server ... when other people have the right telling you what to do on your own Server...and all i did was kicking 2 idiots !!! Iam really to old for this.

Kalle, i think you are missing the point.

Those restrictive rules exist for a few simple reasons.

First of all, your server is not a standalone universe on its own where you can apply your own rules like on an average Arma, BF or Counter-Strike server. The server forwards gameplay-relevant information to the *global* backend. The way you manage your server affects pretty much global gamestate. The rules makes sure that there are no major balance breaking changes on a global scope.

If kicking people to make room for (paying?) friends was allowed (or locking for that matter), well, the worst case (or best case for your wallet) would be that you have 50 friends playing on your server. You can easily communicate certain rules or maybe a codex. Now nothing stops the players from joining up at the loot spots for farming items or trading while chatting and not a single player will ever be killed. Thats one way to create a safespot to farm for items that can leave the server. No point in arguing why this makes the game suck for the other fair-playing players you encounter on the other servers.

Those "idiots" are actually a good thing. As stupid as it may sound, they make sure no one has an easy life cheating the game-mechanics. This game is cruel. To everybody: Players, Admins and Devs.

Take it easy. Life's too short :)

There is a lot of conflict going around and it seems as if the banned players were taunting the staff themselves (Which I imagine would be grounds for a ban.) Whether he 'locked' or not I have no idea, but I would love to see some logs or proper proof instead of people writing up posts.

@kalle .. i cant remember any offending word against you in the situation yesterday. Maybe during my reconnect time, but i cant know it the.

Who tried to blackmail you?

I never talked about clanmates or else, maybe youre talking about another similar situation..

Yesterday:

-Running through deep woods sowhere

-got a kick

-rejoined and asked the admin why i got an admin signed kick

-he said.. for his friends

-i answered then.. okay do this again and ill report it to the dayz devs

Thats not blackmailing..

Ok, funny enough, it looks like I got screwed over in this mess, too.

I was there on DE5 when this all happened yesterday. I also received a battle-eye ban a couple of minutes around the same time when at least 2 other guys got the same. i remember pino was one of them.

I literally dismissed this as a case of a server admin going on a mindless banningspree and joined another server. Then I discovered that my char got partially reverted or something along that lines, because i had no longer the same amount of zombie and playerkills. Also my humanity must have changed since now I look like a survivor again.

Now i discover that I everytime I join a DE server the game is fucked up for me. My player lies on the floor, I cant move or do anything among occasionally spawning in a lighthouse or something. Has this to do with the ban(as in it's not a server but networkban?) or what is going on?

I didnt cheat or do something illegitimate at all!

@Kalle if you are still reading, if you could check your logs for my nick "mib" that would be kickass.

I'd like to know whats going on and how to friggin resolve this.

Kalle you need to understand the rules before arguing here. Its says clearly in the rules that NO kicking / Banning for friends is allowed. This does affect all servers even yours, this rule is a big one as this game is very unforgiving when it comes to getting kicked.

If you are on the NW airfield (as an example) in a big fight with 20 Zombies, probably the last thing you want is to get someone kicked due to your friend getting tired in their fingers from pressing enter to get in.

And the next time you spawn on a new server you have ass full of Zeds around you, is this what you would like to get? Dont think so, if you want it I think you are just at bit dumb.

The only solution to this is if the devs mange to get a way to reserve slots for admins/friends on the server. Then its a different business as your friends always have some spots on the server open (If not all taken that is).

I remember a day, playin CS:Source. A server admin got 14x a headshot from me. The only reason was, I was fast, he was slow, I had the time to aim. He banned me a week. I asked him why at the forum, he answered "because I was pissed"!? When he would have said "I dont believe your skill, I think youre cheater (I´m defenetly not)" that would have been a reason, but saying "I was pissed"???.

Long story short:

Admins, be respectful to your players, be respectful to rules, because behaviour like I told above or in this thread, makes your server blank, empty ... you know what I mean?

But also players, be respectful to others!

the end ...

There is a lot of conflict going around and it seems as if the banned players were taunting the staff themselves (Which I imagine would be grounds for a ban.) Whether he 'locked' or not I have no idea' date=' but I would love to see some logs or proper proof instead of people writing up posts.

[/quote']

I would appreciate it if Kalle could post the chat log or something because these logs would proof my arguments. I did nothing wrong. I also dont care if i can play on his server or not. Its just the fact that his Kick/Ban affected my game on the following server.

Excuse my English, it isnt the Best.

Greetings

its okay, it was a stupid idea to rent a dayzmod server , i mean for what ?

as admin you have absolutely no rights ... all you get is a bill for the server and people who comaplining against you lol.

even as serveradmin i was waiting like 30 mins to enter my server .. no free spot. when you kick someone ... uaah complaining !! i have to say ohh iam so sry that i kicked you on my own server....make no sence to me to waste my money for a dayz - server.

there are alot other server i can play on ... so end of story. i wont rent a server anymore.

i let others now being the idiot ^^

good bye

Does it mean' date=' people can do what ever they want on your server?

[/quote']

If it's malicious talk or racism, then no. Anything else, yes.

They can call other N 0 0 b s

Yes they can.

they can be sneaky to you

They most definately can.

they can insult you

If its very malicious probably not.

they have the RIGHT to stay on your server even when you have friends who support your server with donations to keep the server alive

Yes they do. It's not the admin's decision who plays on their server.

So' date=' as Admin iam not allowed to kick idiots from my server ??

[/quote']

Not for just being an idiot sorry.

better behave or me and my clanmembers will report your server on the dayz Forum! Great Blackmailing !

There are too many server admins abusing their powers through server hosting. If abused, this can give the admin and their friends an unfair advantage over others. The rules laid down by the DayZ team may seem restrictive but they are there to ensure that no matter what server you choose to join you will have the same experience as any other server.

I'm really amazed that server hosts aren't aware of this post:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1429

The rules are there and updated frequently. If you're hosting a server, you should be very much aware of this post and checking it regularly!

U know u made a mistake Kalle and now u dont have the balls to face it... instead u are shutting down the Server and keep crying about u have no rights ...

Sry??

Bann Reason was GameHack #28

GameHack #34 **

I just checked the Logs.

Have a nice day.

U said i would cheat and i want u to proof this, i really want to see the Logs, including the chat log. I dont cheat and Im always nice while Chatting!

U know u made a mistake Kalle and now u dont have the balls to face it... instead u are shutting down the Server and keep crying about u have no rights ...

Sry??

Bann Reason was GameHack #28

GameHack #34 **

I just checked the Logs.

Have a nice day.

U said i would cheat and i want u to proof this' date=' i really want to see the Logs, including the chat log. I dont cheat and Im always nice while Chatting!

[/quote']

Doesn't matter if you don't cheat, Battleye can still detect things as "GameHacks" and issue a false positive.

What seems apparent to me is that:

1. Kalle may not be aware that Battleye issues false positives and is not actually evidence of players cheating.

2. Pino may not be aware that Kalle is not fabricating evidence against him and Battleye likely did generate and log this report.

Shame, really, that what is most likely a simple false positive has resulted in this.

its okay' date=' it was a stupid idea to rent a dayzmod server , i mean for what ?

as admin you have absolutely no rights ... all you get is a bill for the server and people who comaplining against you lol.

even as serveradmin i was waiting like 30 mins to enter my server .. no free spot. when you kick someone ... uaah complaining !! i have to say ohh iam so sry that i kicked you on my own server....make no sence to me to waste my money for a dayz - server.

there are alot other server i can play on ... so end of story. i wont rent a server anymore.

i let others now being the idiot ^^

good bye

[/quote']

You've got the wrong mindset, but good you're packing it in. Minority ruin for the majority.

Can confirm that DE5 is still running.

i can confirm it too ... what a shame !!!!

We have to open a new Thread and report this !! What a crime !! Call the Pentagon !

Oh jammit ... i didnt eat all of my vegetables today .... plz dont report !

Really? :D

He pay for the server but have not the permission to kick people? Is that a bad joke? xD