gerryn

EpicNL1-6 and TS with channels for each

Hi.

I'll advertise my servers here because I'm having some NAT issues (which I hope someone with some enterprise hosting experience can help me out with) which prevents joining FOR SOME PEOPLE from the server list, this is fucked up.

Anyways, you can find these servers in the server list but perhaps you cant join them, if you can't you are able to do so by pressing REMOTE and typing in this information:

epicnl1.gerryn.eu / port 2302

epicnl2.gerryn.eu / port 2302

epicnl3.gerryn.eu / port 2302

epicnl4.gerryn.eu / port 2302

epicnl5.gerryn.eu / port 2302 (EU night = day on this server)

epicnl6.gerryn.eu / port 2302 (EU night = day on this server)

ts.gerryn.eu / default port

---------------

Now to my problem, if anyone can help.

I am running the servers on ESX, they are all individual machines with a local (to the ESX) network connection.

I am using PfSense firewall on the DMZ with two interfaces, one for WAN and one for internal, where all the DayZ servers sit.

On the firewall I have configured Virtual IPs for all the IP addresses that the servers use and have NATed range 2302-2310 (too many I know) UDP to their respective internal IP's.

This is a problem immediately, all my outbound traffic will seem to come from a single IP (the main WAN IP), and that IP is probably what GameSpy uses since I CANNOT TELL GAMESPY WHAT IP THE SERVER HAS (STUPID!), I can tell Arma2OA dedicated server what IP to use, but if I set a public IP there that doesnt exist on the host the dedicated server cannot start.

My workaround which is borderline retarded is to create a virtual IP on each of the internal NICs for the DayZ servers that is identical to the public IP NATed into it from the firewall - this seems to work to tell gamespy what IP the server has anyways, but some people can't connect, me included - works sometimes.

Would really like some advice on this one.

Cheers,

Gerry