JDM (DayZ)

New Dayz Developer

Who would you want to finish development of Dayz if it became a stand alone game.  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

• EA (Dice?)
    • Ubisoft
    • Bethesda
    • Valve
    • THQ
    • Activision
    • No one, Leave it to Rocket and his team
    • Blizzard
    • Smaller unknown game company, Specify below
    • Other company, Specify below

I'm curious what major video game company would we trust with Dayz if it ever expanded into a stand alone game? Me personally i would like to see Rocket and his team come out on top as their own company and publisher. Don't agree? vote.

• Like 2

Nice. I wouldn't let anyone else touch it but Rocket and his team, or a team picked by him.

I want rocket to develop it but id be ok if ea published it or maybe blizzard

Blizzard, really? I would be mighty peeved if Blizz turned my fave "Zombie" survival game into a cartoonish kiddie-fest. But to each his own, I guess.

You forgot the best Developer & Publisher ever: Bohemia Interactive :D

Although I guess a "Rocket Interactive" (developer) + BI (publisher) would be the best combo.

You picked pretty much every shit developer out there. Good job, son.

I picked the most common ones

I picked the most common ones

Which happen to be the shit ones. Off the top of my head, not one of them has produced a good game in the past 5 years.

ubisoft 100% day z reminds me alot of ghost recon, if they already have that engine and add zombies, it will give us the right pvp and pve balance : )

It does remind me a lot of ghost recon, maybe ubisoft could do some good

so many great ideas have been picked up by EA (as in acquisitioned), completely fucked up and then dumped. But they retain the said copyrights..like this, many amazing ideas just like DayZ died..and i mean died. those ideas cant come back, because they are owned

fuck ea

In case you guys didn't know, you can press 'view' by the poll number to look at who voted for what.

Let the witch hunt begin

• Like 3

Which happen to be the shit ones. Off the top of my head, not one of them has produced a good game in the past 5 years.

... Assassins Creed...

• Like 1

In case you guys didn't know, you can press 'view' by the poll number to look at who voted for what.

Let the witch hunt begin

I like how you outed yourself.

Got some Balls and have some of my Beans. :beans:

Are Codemasters still in business? You know, the Gents that dicked over OFP :/

Yes they are, but about a year ago they made the decision to become a 'racing game developer' because all of their other games were terrible and lost CM money. To be fair, even their racing games are shit now.

No there into racing games, the dirt series is all code masters they seemed to have rewind that too

Mediocre at best.

I never liked Assassin's Creed. But my personal opinion doesn't matter. The fact remains, it sold really well and did really good. Like how people say Mw3 is bad or CoD. Your question was 'Produce a good game' that is subjective to who buys it.

I hear Street Sweeper Simulator is a badass game.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin
  • Like 1

I never liked Assassin's Creed. But my personal opinion doesn't matter. The fact remains, it sold really well and did really good. Like how people say Mw3 is bad or CoD. Your question was 'Produce a good game' that is subjective to who buys it.

Well put :D

I've never really had a problem with THQ, but my experiences with them have been the Red Faction series and Company of Heroes, both really good series of games.

Regardless, I'd prefer if Rocket and his team or a team that he picked would finish the development of the game and then the publisher is hard to decide because they're all terrible. EA managed to ruin BF somehow, Activision-Blizzard are the crux of evil and villainy, Ubisoft already gave the middle finger to the PC gaming community, THQ apparently handled the WH40k series poorly (wouldn't know), Bethesda just reskins all of their games in the past 6 years (Skyrim and Fallout, same thing, different skins). I like the way that Hidden Path tends to handle things, but they're a small company and they're under the yolk of Valve...the only developer mentioned whom I do not feel ruined anything at all actually...

• Like 1

But opinions do matter. We're here to test a game because we want it to turn out good, not because we want it to sell really well.

Playing anything other than Street Sweeper Simulator is just a waste of time to be honest.