Falcorn (DayZ)

Just experienced my first hacked server D;

He teleported us into the water and laid fire upon us as we swam towards the shore, as my char was pretty new I kind of enjoyed it and we managed to get on the shore and kill him altough some people with pretty good gear died. I did have time to loot an Enfield with ammo before he teleported us back in, Then I left the server :P

Edited by Falcorn

Damn, those with the pretty good gear should have alt + f4'd . Script kiddies are a real strange breed of human beings.

Edited by Afgoo

Sub-Human pieces of crap using cheats because the game is too hard for them.

Stop reporting people for using features of Arma II. Really guys dont you have anything better to do than report people for playing the game the way it was designed to be played?

I propose a new hack reporting format.

Topic im moaning about:

Who made me cry like a little girl:

How many times they did it:

What im going to threaten to do after i'm ignored for posting this:

Wah:

You're an idiot.

Arma II is designed to accept scripts and allow modification.

The reason Rocket and his team are powerless to control this is due to the engine they have selected IE Arma II.

if you continue to play this game you will just need to accept the hackers as part of the community.

Stop reporting people for using features of Arma II. Really guys dont you have anything better to do than report people for playing the game the way it was designed to be played?

I propose a new hack reporting format.

Topic im moaning about:

Who made me cry like a little girl:

How many times they did it:

What im going to threaten to do after i'm ignored for posting this:

Wah:

The player is abusing the game in a way it's not meant to be played. Of course we're going to report them, why the hell wouldn't we? We want to play a fair game. Not some crap hole. I'll play Modern Warfare if I want to play with hackers.

Arma II is designed to accept scripts and allow modification.

The reason Rocket and his team are powerless to control this is due to the engine they have selected IE Arma II.

if you continue to play this game you will just need to accept the hackers as part of the community.

The game is designed to accept LEGITIMATE scripts and modifications.

At no point are hackers a part of the arma2 community they are just parasites that cannot play fair and find the game too hard for them so resort to using hacks.

Your condoning of the hackers is very suspicious to say the least .

Edited by BL1P

Correct. DayZ will be unable to control hacking. It's a permanent part of the game. And the reason I and many I know won't play any longer until the team formally allows passworded servers where admins can let people in based on reputation, either of their own measure of some future measure within the game. Roleplaying (whether survivors or bandits) cannot be enforced by software. We need a social way to govern communities, and that means allowing private servers. The team will come around, eventually.

Maybe bans would have more meaning if it affected Arma 2 it's self. Hack Dayz Get banned so you can't play regular Multiplayer Arma 2 either?

Correct. DayZ will be unable to control hacking. It's a permanent part of the game. And the reason I and many I know won't play any longer until the team formally allows passworded servers where admins can let people in based on reputation, either of their own measure of some future measure within the game. Roleplaying (whether survivors or bandits) cannot be enforced by software. We need a social way to govern communities, and that means allowing private servers. The team will come around, eventually.

WTF.

Hacking is not a part of the game.

Modifications are and using the correct files when the server has bisigns and bikeys on are part of the game.

Circumventing the file checking system is not a part of the game it is cheating.

Thats a two way street though..the normal players will hardly be able to get in unless they are in a clan, and a lot of people dont clan up.. Certain admins would only let clan mates plus a few noobs for sport in etc plus the passwords will get around like wildfire in a short time anyway. There has to be a different way.

Anyone would think arma is the only hacked game getting around. Hacking killed fair game in CoD and the likes back in 2004. It was a joke not long after release and it still sells like mental anyway. A group i was in for about a year gave up not long after United Offensive was released , even on PW servers wallhacks etc were rife. The game just went to total shit, before the hackers fucked it, it was pretty good online experience.

Admin needs more rights as it stands at the moment , but us guys reporting hackers need to help them out with some actual data, not all this ..omg i was teleported, thunderdomed, shot from stary while i was in cherno. Hack posts without any name screenshots are just clutter.

DayZ is the only popular game/mod that I'm aware of that has a server model where the community is the backbone, T&Cs which require that community to stay public, but also with a centralized database. It's a recipe for man-in-the-middle attacks, even if BE was able to detect every little exploit.

The great admins, servers, and communities around them understand this awesome DayZ experiment. They know letting in only clan mates would result in a game that is not very fun. On a private non-hive server (not run by me), I recently took part in a relatively large (30 players or so), 3-day long DayZ event. It was far and away the most fun I've had playing the game. Half of the players were named bandits, half survivors, and only the admin knew who was given which role. He came up with an arbitrary points scheme for each PK and each zombie kill, so that after 3 days there were clear winners and a team winner. A couple of folks lied to the others about which team they were on and managed to do some infiltration. Seriously, it was a total blast, filled with all of the amazingness of DayZ, the survivor stress, the panicked moments, and more.

Oh, and we had no threat of hackers to destroy all that we had worked for with a keystroke.

Oh, and we had a real motivation to come to the rescue of teammates. Several times a survivor was left injured with bandits lying in wait to see if we'd come to help the injured teammate. Ambushes were brutal and frequent.

I hope this kind of experience becomes available in the game proper at some point. It will happen when the dev team allows passworded servers, in my opinion. And it's inevitable if they want people to keep playing and keep telling their friends to buy the thing, as I have for most of the 30 gamers I mentioned. :)

I agree with you Hetstaine about admin rights and tools, but I don't see real indications of that. The refusal to allow passworded servers is like a bare minimum to quality for "admin rights". Honestly, which is worse: A hacker who kills everybody on a server, or an admin who kicks people he doesn't want to play with? I'll take the latter, and I can go find a cool server with cool people. And if we don't trust admins to begin with, why should the dev team trust admins who blacklist certain CD keys? An admin who is going to kick people is just as likely to report them as a hacker if it's an easy process.

Edited by DannyGB
  • Like 1