Sign in to follow this  
skinnykarl

hackers

It would be a good idea to directly address the hackers issue ASAP. This game is great, probably one of the best games I have played in years. However, the reason it is great, is Rocket had this great idea to make a totally immesive game where everything is on the line during every confontation. Balls deep everytime, all the time. AWESOME concept

Problem is, this is 100% destroyed in 2 seconds by a hacker.

Would love to donate to this game, commit my time to it, love the concept and gameplay. However, tonight this is how my groups night went:

US 239: Guys in black escalade looking SUV ran over my buddy who was in the woods somewhere SE of Stary. 5 mins later, I was ran over in a field about 5 KM away. AWESOME, lost days worth of gear. Okay that could of been a coiencidence, maybe they added some new SUV and these guys just randomly found us.

US 257: a minute after log in: THUNDERDOME BITCHES!! WOOOOOOO!

US 540: couple minutes after log in: see 257

US 1586: Everyone becomes goats. Awesome. Farmville. good times.

You should consider dealing with this, game was unplayable on 4 servers withing an hour on 8/1/12 due to mass hacks. Massive exodus of playerbase if you let conditions such as this exist on a daily basis. This game has a huge income potential but once it goes viral on social media that hackers can have free reign, the potential exists for dying out, as quickly as it became popular.

my 2 cents, hopefully planetside 2 beta starts soon if you don't deal with this, yeah SOE sucks but atleast they deal with hackers. Love the game and will try again tomorrow, but hackers will hack unless u deal with it.

Edited by skinnykarl

Yeah, I agree. It's kinda frustrating. I've dealt with a lot of this. Anything from being killed by 2 ghillied players both sporting silenced M4's. To one of my regular servers where all the building in elektro have been destroyed and are now unlootable. Another time people were spawning jets, grouse, and guns that aren't supposes to be in the mod and the server wasn't playable for like a week after. It should be priority number 1 in my opinion but I do understand this is a mod in alpha and this stuff will all be fixed before a full release. I'm still having fun with the game, that's what really matters.

Read this thread before. The point that multiple servers are being rendered unplayable still stands. Yes this is in alpha, BUT IT WILL NOT BE IN ALPHA populated LONG IF PERMA HACKED SERVERS BECOMES NORMAL GAMEPLAY. I am just as much a fanboy as you, but not if its insta death or thunderbullshit 24/7.

Edited by skinnykarl

DayZ cannot do much in terms of hackers. This is due to the ArmAII game and Battleye. That's why I linked it.

This game won't be on ArmaII when the Beta comes out. Thats likely the standalone client, target for Dec from what Rocket says.

Also, I am not a 'fanboy'. I am here to test this game and see it flourish into something greater than it is now.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

That's great you are here to test it. Me too, I suppose, even though I paid for it. However, if you are truly concerned about seeing this "flourish into something greater than it is now" you would not be so critical of those posting constructive criticism during an alpha. I understand your points, but as you are obviously trying to be credible, you need to work on your delivery. Rocket has said he wants feedback in these forums, so I really don't care that you are QQ'n about multiple hacker threads. It is a serious issue and it needs 1,000,000+ threads till it is addressed.

Really enjoy the game and hopefully this super secret squirrel magic hacker fix you allude to actually happens.

That's great you are here to test it. Me too, I suppose, even though I paid for it. However, if you are truly concerned about seeing this "flourish into something greater than it is now" you would not be so critical of those posting constructive criticism during an alpha. I understand your points, but as you are obviously trying to be credible, you need to work on your delivery. Rocket has said he wants feedback in these forums, so I really don't care that you are QQ'n about multiple hacker threads. It is a serious issue and it needs 1,000,000+ threads till it is addressed.

Really enjoy the game and hopefully this super secret squirrel magic hacker fix you allude to actually happens.

You didn't pay for anything. You paid for ArmaII which was known to be a terrible gaming engine to begin with. Thats why all ArmaII servers were normally locked or required a whitelisting.

Right, he wants feedback about his game. I am not saying you are Q_Qing. I am just saying there is very little that can be done in this situation because of how ArmaII and Battleye operate. I knew as soon as I purchased ArmaII for DayZ the hacking problem was bad with ArmaII and Battleye was a questionable anti-cheat engine to begin with.

In reality, this reminds me a lot of the Alpha Stages of Minecraft when hacking went REALLY bad and dupping did also.

Rocket and everyone else in the game knows of the hacker problem in Day-Z.

Not much is being said though about what is being done, but it has been noted that there are steps being taken.

They're looking at server logs, and ban the hackers CD key.