Sign in to follow this  
jonsnow13

Hackers. Serious problem.

I know it's only alpha, but these hackers are getting out of hand. I finally get myself a good gun, get camo, and was totally decked out... I was killing people left and right from on top of a building for 3 hours and it was fun as hell then all of a sudden I get teleported into the air and dropped to the ground to die.

Four hours yesterday in.... my first time playing, I found a helicopter and got tons of loots, but then was teleported to an open field (with everyone else) stripped of my loot, and killed.

This happened three more times on three seperate servers. I can't believe players are able to affect other players with their hacks like this. I can understand wall hacking, but how are they able to teleport everyone on the server to their death?

Really kills the game for me. To struggle, to fight, and to survive only to die to some hacker.

It isnt DayZ, its ArmA 2. A game that is so easily mod-able, is also easy to make hacks for. One day battleeye will catch up, but then 10 more hack programs will be out.

Also hackers tend to play the most popular game modes so they can ruin the most peoples fun. Previously when Takistan life or Zargabad life became the big thing, all the hackers came out and pooched it, before that Benny's Warfare was a good place to go if you wanted to find a hacker spawning 50 A-10's and SU-25's in the air all crashing into eachother and exploding constantly.

Edited by Frostback

Rule 1# dont get attached to your gear.

Just group up with a bunch of people so when it happens your all in the same boat and the game becomes fun again nothing better then taking on cherno with a lee enfield and 1 mako mag

• Like 1

Do you think posting this over and over is accomplishing anything? Rocket and Anders (...and the whole team) have to constantly battle hackers everyday. You think the dev team is just sitting around eating popcorn and watching movies all day? You could at least be encouraging instead of posting the same bitch and moan thread over and over... :|

agree with Viles, its DayZ, you were going to die sooner or later (and yes it sucks when its a result of a hacker, scriptkiddy) but the only thing you can do is suck it up and start your next adventure.

also - the game is x1000 more fun if you are playing with in a party

Yep hackers teleported my whole group and killed us all a bunch of times after working for gear for a very long time.

I was killing people left and right from on top of a building for 3 hours and it was fun as hell then all of a sudden I get teleported into the air and dropped to the ground to die.

I'm pretty sure that's what set the hacker off to kill you.

I just lost a 32 day character to hacks. i feel your pain. I really do want this game to survive, it is incredibly fun when its played as intended. When i say "as intended" i mean as a brutal apocalypse survival game. Not a lets see how long before you get aimbotted or teleported game. The developers see this, and I am assuming that they are burning up the wires with battleye trying to get this shit straightened out, or looking for an alternative solution. Pissed off I may be, but it is still a good game with a fantastic concept. DayZ is early in development, and as such I will continue to support it, because it still beats L4D and goddamned Dayzlite! (War Z)

I'm not entirely a bad guy... I may have killed many people, but I did save one guy from being eaten by a zombie while he was unconcious after I shot him.

Had some crazy shit go on in a game I was playing today. Everyone on the server got teleported to a field and a dude with a machine gun started mowing everyone down. I laid down flat and he somehow missed me. After he was done I started looting some of the dead people. first time I had a map and compass at the same time. I made it out of that mess alive and wandered off into the woods. I stayed logged in that game for another 20 minutes or so. Then left that server and went to my normal server but when I got there everything I picked up off the dead people from the hacker killing spree was gone.

I was killing people left and right from on top of a building for 3 hours and it was fun as hell ...

Really kills the game for me. To struggle, to fight, and to survive only to die to some hacker.

That doesnt matter, just leave the game, nobody cries about that

do you guys know that this is NOT Battlefield ?

Rule 1# dont get attached to your gear.

Just group up with a bunch of people so when it happens your all in the same boat and the game becomes fun again nothing better then taking on cherno with a lee enfield and 1 mako mag

Interesting how you say the "GAME BECOMES FUN AGAIN" when you have to start over.

First, I was afraid of zombies. Then, I discovered that bandits are far worst. Lately, I am having a problem with cold-blood murderers, traitors that pretend to be your friend.

But that is ok. Is part of the game. Is fun.

But hackers? No. Hackers are the worst thing in the game so far. I wonder what I will discover next.

A game that is so easily mod-able, is also easy to make hacks for.

Pure BS-comment. I would take your beans if you had any.

Edited by Alexey Zemanov

Pure BS-comment. I would take your beans if you had any.

It makes it way easier in my opinion too...but why the face would I care about some stupid kid? wow you can hack this server and kill everything...I mean don´t give them any attention, not ingame nor here or any other forum and the last bit of happines they squeeze out of their way of playing vanishes in no time.

Also Hackers always take douchebags into the shower =)

I mean don´t give them any attention

Well, let's just say it breaks immersion when you suddenly fall from the sky. That guarantees attention.