sleepo_o@hotmail.de

Cigarettes to calm down ?

As a non-smoker, smoking makes me vomit.

I want to puke in-game.

I was thinking about this earlier today. So you go into shock, and instead of waiting out the 5 minutes or so, you find yourself walking along with what seems like kind of a peaceful lull after you just got out of your life threatening situation. You pull out a smoke, light up with a match or maybe add in a lighter (but it would be rare, and could be used to start fires as well) and after two minutes you're done smoking and you're not panicked or in shock anymore (bear with me, haven't played much because I'm limited to my roommate's comp for a month or so, so I don't know too much about status effects and the like.)

Now, as someone who smokes, I know it staves off hunger in reality a little. At least it does for me. So if you're blinking red, but don't have those glorious beans we all love, you light up and it stops the blinking, or it turns it to a shade better.

Well, smoking's bad mmm'kay? So, it reduces your stamina a bit, but it also affects your thirst. One cig= about, I don't know, 3 minutes of continuous running for both stamina and thirst? Just a guess. Also, this is something of importance for the dark. The cherry. That nice little bright red as you take a drag. Well, if someone is scoped in, they know where to hit your face now. You won't be as hidden in the night, and the smell might attract zombies.

That's it for my suggestion. I don't know how realistic it is, and like I said, I can't play much right now. Just a couple of hour sessions whenever my roommate lets me use his PC cause I can't afford a new one, and busted laptops don't exactly play games well. My experience with everything on this game is low, so this is purely something I would just like to see in the game when I am able to play regularly.

The shop and petrol station shelves are empty

Urgh no thanks, just place full vodka bottles everywhere instead of all the empty ones.

If you add it make sure I can see them smoking through my scope' date=' KOS.

[/quote']

That would be one of the inherent dangers of doing it. As they take a drag, it would brighten a little, and that would be it. In DayZ's current darkness it would be a beacon almost.

I'm okay for adding smoking, or other nasty behavior as a roleplay element, but your suggestion is pretty much smoking endorsement.

I mean it would have been okay a few decades ago, but not today.

Guest ragequitalready

Edited by ragequitalready

[/quote']

That would be one of the inherent dangers of doing it. As they take a drag, it would brighten a little, and that would be it. In DayZ's current darkness it would be a beacon almost.

yeah... in pitch black (or at least complete cloud cover blocking stars/moon) a single cig can be seen for miles if smoked on a clear hilltop IRL.. so it is a 'use at own risk!' for more then just one health reason xD

I'm okay for adding smoking' date=' or other nasty behavior as a roleplay element, but your suggestion is pretty much smoking endorsement.

[/quote']

It's ok to have smoking in games and movies. You make the choice to smoke or not. Nothing in the suggestion above would require it. It has pros and cons. This is not a game for children as far as I know.

I'm all for the presence of bottles of Jack' that are NOT empty :)

[/quote']

yeah... in pitch black (or at least complete cloud cover blocking stars/moon) a single cig can be seen for miles if smoked on a clear hilltop IRL.. so it is a 'use at own risk!' for more then just one health reason xD

Danger can lead to lead poisoning :p

I'm okay for adding smoking' date=' or other nasty behavior as a roleplay element, but your suggestion is pretty much smoking endorsement.

[/quote']

It's ok to have smoking in games and movies. You make the choice to smoke or not. Nothing in the suggestion above would require it. It has pros and cons. This is not a game for children as far as I know.

If the cons outweigh the pros, then people wouldn't utilize the item. Same as if it were a visual thing. I know that if it was purely cosmetic, I probably wouldn't utilize it either. Even the new skins serve a purpose as they hide you better.

And like Sarlac pointed out, I'm assuming most people playing are adults.

Just add vodka' date=' guitars, and we can all sit around a campfire and be merry

[/quote']

Can we please? Especially the vodka? :P

Smoking would also make you dependant on it. So like every 30 mins you would need to smoke again. Or after you panic you would need to smoke or panic even more.

nah I like to smoke and I like the idea of decreasing stamina (maybe running speed?) and blocking your vision slightly while giving the benefit of healing pain overtime and lights up a small area.

Really dumb suggestions make it into this game, not everyone is a smoker. And teh game is trying to be realistic, thus, not everyone has to smoke.. but non smokers then have panic attacks, yay.

Really dumb suggestions make it into this game' date=' not everyone is a smoker. And teh game is trying to be realistic, thus, not everyone has to smoke.. but non smokers then have panic attacks, yay.

[/quote']

LOL ur an idiot obviously if they added it they would give you the choice like in real life ...

It's not a horrible idea, in fact I could see it being used if I played with a friend like Ir strobes, letting us know where the other is.

However, it's not very practical, and as people have pointed out, no one will want it if the pros outweigh the cons. It needs to have something better than nerve recovery. Say you can use it to, I don't know, light fires or somethin at the cost of losing th cigarette, or perhaps tossing it and using it to bait zombies.

It's not a horrible idea' date=' in fact I could see it being used if I played with a friend like Ir strobes, letting us know where the other is.

However, it's not very practical, and as people have pointed out, no one will want it if the pros outweigh the cons. It needs to have something better than nerve recovery. Say you can use it to, I don't know, light fires or somethin at the cost of losing th cigarette, or perhaps tossing it and using it to bait zombies.

[/quote']

Maybe it should be something like this.

Pros:

no addiction

uses the utility slot

can light up a small area

can heal pain overtime (5 minutes of usage or so)

Con:

Decreases running speed while in use

lights can be seen from very far away making you likely to be spotted

can not use it unless you have a match

blocks your vision with smoke

it kind of seems like more pros then cons if you ask me

Well, for some people there's roleplay value in it, too. I'd role play a lot of I weren't fighting for my life, and I imagine my character would need something to unwind and keep calm.

I think it'd be nice to throw it and have it bait zombies like flares, but thrown in grass or something, it'd be less visible than a flare. Stealthier.

Having it recover health is a good idea though, sorta like cheap painkillers, something to hold you until you can get actual medical help.

:angel: I do not smoke, i don't like it, and ruin the health but…

In this thread i read too cheap moralism, "DayZ is a game"

if you begin to think that a videogame could do brainwash

then, we should disable the ability to shot on humans?

and why not? on Zeds? even the zombies have their rights, poor pockets of rotten meat :dodgy:

After 29 years of videogames, at this time, i should be on

a roof sniping the pedestrian :D

however

I like the idea of smoke in game, i wish was added an "aims oscillating"

Smoking a cigarette help to stabilizes the aims for 3 seconds or more.

How the hell does a cigarette lit up an area? LOL It lits up a face when you inhale but nothing more.

How the hell does a cigarette lit up an area? LOL It lits up a face when you inhale but nothing more.

because its a game