Sign in to follow this  
Sweaty (DayZ)

Can my graphics card take Day Z?

Hello everyone, I have ordered a computer a couple of days ago, and it has a Gefoce Gt 640 graphics card. Can anyone tell me if I can play the game? I would also like to know what resolution should I be playing with that graphics card.

(I hope I posted this in the right place :o)

Yes. I have the 530 and get 30-50 on high. Although that's in third person, in first I'll get 20-40 and when looking down a sniper scope and the grass is covering a decent amount of my vision I get real low fps (10) for 3 seconds or so then it goes to 20-25. Also have the i7 2600k overclocked to 3.8. Interface resolution is 1680x1050.

Edited by Angryofficer

I have an HP Laptop with an Intel I7 CPU and 16Gb RAM, but the graphics chip on it is utter crap for gaming. I can run the game on low and normal settings after tweeking a few of the advanced settings. It doesnt look good, but it does the trick.

I was going to take a screenshot to put on here, but for whatever reason a standard print screen isnt capturing the game, it captures the window behind it (google chrome). whatever, it looks ok on normal with tweeked settings, on low is "ok" but dont expect it to be MW3 on your xBox quality :P

Damn :(

Don't listen to him -- the 640 is fine. As I've posted elsewhere, I run the game with a Core2Duo and a GT8800. I have to run with all settings on low, but it works. You'll be fine.