Sign in to follow this  
Scriptwolf

Player names

im not really sure how rocket would do this, but it would be nice to have player names show up on servers ( i know this is still a admin option to turn them on or off ) but instead of it should a player name and they location from xxx distance off you would instead have to very near the player like 5-10 meters this would still let you know a player is ( and who the possible backstabber is ) instead of seeing a survivor and not know who they were unless you try and give some vague position on who they were and even then most of them don't both to reply.

I agree. People complain about the name system because it is a form of autospotting, but having no names at all is quite annoying when you are in a group of 5 people who all look the same. We need names, even if they only work when you are 10 feet away.

Player-tracking GPS seems a little hightech in a world where we face death to find a watch. Not to mention the fun uses Bandits will find for it.

Identifying the other players is part of the environment of the game.

yeah but right now its practically impossible to identify another player, except with player names on and then that leads to autospotting, we need some sort of system to see who players are, i quite like the idea of seeing player player names at a close distance, seeing as though we don't have defining facial features like we do in real life, player names will have to be close enough.

Player-tracking GPS seems a little hightech in a world where we face death to find a watch. Not to mention the fun uses Bandits will find for it.

Identifying the other players is part of the environment of the game.

Are you serious? Identifying players is part of the game? How the hell are we supposed to differentiate people when they look EXACTLY THE SAME? In real life humans are VERY good at telling faces apart, but most of the models in this game have one of a few faces.

Since direct chat doesn't seem to work at all the only way to communicate with players in your area is to say "guy on top of that thing in cherno, don't shoot" and hope they know who the hell you are talking to. In real life you would probably say "guy wearing the red coat" or something, but since pretty much everyone looks the same this is not possible either.

I'm going to have to disagree with this one, although I feel your pain when everyone looks the same.

I think this problem will start to correct itself once multiple skins are introduced into the game without the need to telegraph everyones position with a bright green name highlight.

what if there was a buttin you could press once your gunsight and or they're center on your screen that would bring up their name.

this would stop it being an auto finder, but still firfill the OP (right) needs.