jameskp

Banned from US 1023 to "check logs"

And that's that. You've seen the video. There was no hacking in that. You've checked the logs. There was no hacking there. So players were banned unjustly after someone cried "hackz!" when they couldn't believe they were being shot. This is how Elysium conduct themselves.

I can appreciate that there is a desire to protect the server from hackers and that it can be difficult to police at times, but one has to wonder just how many hackers Elysium have caught compared to the number of players they've banned. That the bans were quickly rescinded is neither here nor there. Elysium broke the server-hosting rules and got caught doing it. I'm quite sure nothing's going to happen to them for so doing. But we've all seen how this server is run - does anyone want to play on a server where the resident clan hoards every vehicle and decent item of loot?

So we're left with Aadic banging on about how he doesn't give a shit - methinks the lady doth protest too much. I know it's not cool to seem like you care about anything these days, but what do you give a shit about? Playing computer games with people half your age and using mangled high school-level English to harangue anyone who has a different opinion to you? And what's Tod suggesting? That the Teamspeak recording may be a fabrication. Oh Tod, that remark's unworthy of even you...

Edited by kodabar
  • Like 4

All it shows is that he shoot a heli and killed some players. The edited in voices proof nothing, fabrications perhaps.

Haha, Fabrications ? Really Tod? Talk about talking shit.

Nothing on that video is fake, you know that.

Guess you'r going to say that the Ban on the 4 of us was fake as well? and on James as well?.

Time for some Elysium members with a pair of balls comes on here and tells the truth tbh.

I know you were dumb Tod, but come on.

• Like 1

looks like they changed the server name to us10 midwest now lol

looks like they changed the server name to us10 midwest now lol

Exact name:

DayZ - US 10 Midwest - US 1023 (v1.7.2.4/Beta 95417) [Regular 3DP:1 CH:1] dayzmod.com - hosted by US 1023

And that's that. You've seen the video. There was no hacking in that. You've checked the logs. There was no hacking there. So players were banned unjustly after someone cried "hackz!" when they couldn't believe they were being shot. This is how Elysium conduct themselves.

I can appreciate that there is a desire to protect the server from hackers and that it can be difficult to police at times, but one has to wonder just how many hackers Elysium have caught compared to the number of players they've banned. That the bans were quickly rescinded is neither here nor there. Elysium broke the server-hosting rules and got caught doing it. I'm quite sure nothing's going to happen to them for so doing. But we've all seen how this server is run - does anyone want to play on a server where the resident clan hoards every vehicle and decent item of loot?

So we're left with Aadic banging on about how he doesn't give a shit - methinks the lady doth protest too much. I know it's not cool to seem like you care about anything these days, but what do you give a shit about? Playing computer games with people half your age and using mangled high school-level English to harangue anyone who has a different opinion to you? And what's Tod suggesting? That the Teamspeak recording may be a fabrication. Oh Tod, that remark's unworthy of even you...

Like I've said before. There are no other bans that we have placed besides the default bans.txt list.

As well, Rocket encourages clans to host their own server to call it home. You sure know that when you're entering a clan server that they'll have some decent camps setup with multiple vehicles.

I certainly go around to clan servers and enjoy a challenge of finding those tents and looting them. This is part of the game. Enjoy a challenge.

I'm not quite sure why you're still complaining. In the logs it appeared as though you had teleported to that location as there was no previous movement with the character with a HUGE jump in distance between logins. It was extremely odd to land a heli in a secluded location FAR from any location and then be killed upon exiting the heli. With DayZ servers currently being bombarded by hackers that do similar things it's hard not to speculate.

A temp ban was set and literally after 5 minutes removed. Feel free to play on the server.

James' ban was removed as well. This thread can be closed.

Edited by Alphabeta

Exact name:

DayZ - US 10 Midwest - US 1023 (v1.7.2.4/Beta 95417) [Regular 3DP:1 CH:1] dayzmod.com - hosted by US 1023

Exact Name:

DayZ - US 1023 Midwest (v1.7.2.4/Beta 95417) [Regular 3DP:1 CH:1] dayzmod.com - hosted by US 1023 Elysium

Maybe a typo, but that is the name of the server.

Problem is, that we are not going to allow a hacker to run wild on the server while we spend time combing through logs to make the determination. In this instance, it was shown that they indeed were legit in less than 30 minutes and the bans removed, TBH I don't see the great harm that was done.

the fact that you dont even understand what happened here is mindblowing and bordering on full blown bullshit.

The harm done here by shutting down the server and banning the individuals involved in killing you even if it was for 30 minutes is that it gives you in unfair advantage. Gives you a an unfair chance to regroup.. an unfair chance to rearm... an unfair chance to reposition yourselves... all while the banned people have to sit and wait or just plain move on.

You completely break the essence of the game as a whole. The fact that you dont understand that is why you shouldnt even be server admins to begin with

You also state multiple times that your ban list is empty. which can only tell us that you have never had a hacker on your server or if you did you never even knew it.

Edited by ballzfernando
  • Like 3

Exact Name:

DayZ - US 1023 Midwest (v1.7.2.4/Beta 95417) [Regular 3DP:1 CH:1] dayzmod.com - hosted by US 1023 Elysium

Maybe a typo, but that is the name of the server.

That's how it showed up when I looked in arma2.swec.se, so that wasn't a typo until you renamed it again a short while ago.

For the rest, ballzfernando is giving you a quite accurate reasoning why what happened here was wrong.

It happened once before, but this time you were pointed out why it was wrong, so I'll just count this as the last warning. Any next time stuff like this happens, a ticket will be filed right away.

• Like 2

the fact that you dont even understand what happened here is mindblowing and bordering on full blown bullshit.

The harm done here by shutting down the server and banning the individuals involved in killing you even if it was for 30 minutes is that it gives you in unfair advantage. Gives you a an unfair chance to regroup.. an unfair chance to rearm... an unfair chance to reposition yourselves... all while the banned people have to sit and wait or just plain move on.

You completely break the essence of the game as a whole. The fact that you dont understand that is why you shouldnt even be server admins to begin with

You also state multiple times that your ban list is empty. which can only tell us that you have never had a hacker on your server or if you did you never even knew it.

Server was NEVER shut down, restarted yes. So the majority of your newest complaint is invalid.

What's mind-blowing is that you are still championing a cause that the people who were caught up in it are not perusing.

If you want to believe that the DayZ Staff/Dev's are going to blacklist us, then keep on believing. If they even look at this, here is what they will see.

A group of people were ambushed in the middle of nowhere. The group is freaked out, "How did they know we were here" Possible players teleporting to our location. Server restarted x2, logs checked, a few individuals fit that description, temp bans handed out. After further investigation, it was found that someone had infiltrated the group, gave away the position, and others ambushed. The bans were removed, according to the Admin that was there within 5 -10 minutes.

At this point they will move on to the next complaint that has been filed against a SA. So, in the end, the server will still be here, and you will continue to interject yourself into situations that do not concern you in any way, shape or form.

That's how it showed up when I looked in arma2.swec.se, so that wasn't a typo until you renamed it again a short while ago.

For the rest, ballzfernando is giving you a quite accurate reasoning why what happened here was wrong.

It happened once before, but this time you were pointed out why it was wrong, so I'll just count this as the last warning. Any next time stuff like this happens, a ticket will be filed right away.

Look, if you feel so wronged and that the admin abuse was so grievous that you think we should be blacklisted, file the ticket.

Server was NEVER shut down, restarted yes. So the majority of your newest complaint is invalid.

What's mind-blowing is that you are still championing a cause that the people who were caught up in it are not perusing.

If you want to believe that the DayZ Staff/Dev's are going to blacklist us, then keep on believing. If they even look at this, here is what they will see.

A group of people were ambushed in the middle of nowhere. The group is freaked out, "How did they know we were here" Possible players teleporting to our location. Server restarted x2, logs checked, a few individuals fit that description, temp bans handed out. After further investigation, it was found that someone had infiltrated the group, gave away the position, and others ambushed. The bans were removed, according to the Admin that was there within 5 -10 minutes.

At this point they will move on to the next complaint that has been filed against a SA. So, in the end, the server will still be here, and you will continue to interject yourself into situations that do not concern you in any way, shape or form.

Look, if you feel so wronged and that the admin abuse was so grievous that you think we should be blacklisted, file the ticket.

I think you don't understand what I'm saying. Let me explain step by step:

1) Before this incident, there was another incident.

2) Both parties agreed on a lifting of the ban, without ever being notified about the rules in place for SA's.

3) Another incident (this one arises).

4) After a heated discussion all parties agree that the bans were unjustified.

5) In the same topic, you are notified of the actual server rules, showing you that what happened was wrong.

6) I state that this was a bit clumsy, but that I'll just let this pass as a last warning.

7) (The present) If a likewise situation occurs in the future on your server where this form of admin abuse (as established at point 5) takes place, the last warning was not heeded and a ticket will be made.

Is that easier to understand?

Now, let me explain something very similar denoting how you were wrong in the post to ballz.

As a Bachelor of Science on the field of Computer Science, I do understand that the terminology for computers may be hard to understand at times.

Let me explain the difference between Restarting and Shutting down.

When you shut down something in computer language, it means you're turning it off and it will stay off.

Restarting something in computer language means shutting it down, and when it's completely shut down, start it up straight away.

The easiest way to check that I'm right would be to restart your computer, just take a look at what your Windows says it's doing. You'll find that it says "Shutting down", even though you're restarting it.

On a sidenote, you guys keep stating that you guys already knew for a long while that Xerpt was a spy in your midst. If you indeed already knew that, why the hell would you be surprised by the ambush, even moreover so since you've been getting killed by us earlier as well?

Either you guys are lying about already knowing Xerpt was a spy in your team, or you're lying about thinking it was an ambush laid out by hackers.

Bottomline:

- I will not file a ticket now, because you deserve a second chance.

- Restarting a server -EQUALS- shutting it down for a short while.

- You guys are lying about either knowing about the spy, or thinking it was hackers.

• Like 1

these guys will sidestep the main issue here all day long. and that is they were just plain wrong. they broke the rules and abused their admin priviladges.

they died and had no idea what the hell was going on...they were running around like chickens with their heads cut off (as evident from the video with their TS stream) while they were picked apart by snipers

so to them the only logical thing was "we have an on off button lets use it."

they will not admit to it because they have no ballz but the evidence can not be disputed.

you are right in saying you wont be blacklisted but that doesnt even matter now.

we all know what kind of people you are and what you are willing to do to keep the advantage in your favor

Salgor you were the only decent member of Elysium . Shame that you died .

But here you can clearly see that the rest of Elysium members have been idiots when it comes to posting in this thread .

Mainly Todwarter for saying that the TS recording was fake when you all commented on my recording . Even you said why are you recording etc.

As said I got nothing against you at all .

But for the rest , well read the posts from other elysium members and you'll see how dumb they are

You guys seem quite impressed with yourself over a feat that took "weeks" of time. I've been around for months and AFAIK (or can remember) you've been here the entire time. So it's taken you months to do this?

Xerpt, we knew about your "infiltration" for quite a while. Some of us knew for certain about what was going on once you took screenshots of Charlie Squad's base. We recognize what was happening immediately (mainly Salgor as he witnessed it). He mentioned it in TS: that you had taken screenshots and posted them and that you were attempting some kind of "infiltration".

Members asked for your removal from the guild and that you be banned from the TS. But without proof, I assume nothing was done. I thought at one point that you had been banned, but then I came on and you were in the TS, so I assumed it had been "worked out" in some way. Not really my problem so I didn't say anything. Plus, I've taken up for you and been nice to you and had no reason to speak up against you yet.

You recall that you were on our forums complaining about "immature" behavior after prior to that complaining about sound clips being played here and there on the TS (on pretty rare occasion). So when you were on, those of us that did it, stopped doing it while you were around to please you. You kind of have to ask yourself after your actions (which are now proven in this post) who is guilty of being immature. The answer is pretty obvious.

In response to Fengshen's post above: if your footage is "loads of GBs" (which you are uploading) or even a GB for that matter, you're doing it wrong and don't have a clue what you're doing. You don't upload raw Fraps footage to YouTube. If you can't get it down to a few hundred MB at max then something is wrong.

As far as Charlie Squad's base: we don't care. Salgor and I bring in loads upon loads of gear daily and have been doing so for a while. We eventually just started giving away the position of the base as we were able to get loads of chopper crash gear so easily in droves that it just didn't matter. 99% of the time we own nearly every vehicle on the server ourselves, because we put the work into finding and getting them (the same for the gear that we have). Also a lost chopper is not a big deal, because we can have it back (Charlie) within 2 hours max with incredible ease. The game isn't even fun for us anymore because of how easy that it is for us (between just the two of us knowing how to get the gear we want quick and easily). I barely even play now because of it. People lose vehicles in 5 minutes and we manage to keep ours for weeks upon end. Personally, I have never once lost a vehicle (or chopper) in DayZ. That's how well we manage to keep gear/vehicles.

In reality, you worked for 6+ weeks on a failed operation, "exposed" a base which we willingly gave the position away for (for at least days prior to the screenshots I know for a fact) on purpose because we didn't care if anyone knew anymore (and after this you took screenshots) and took out a few clan members (shown in the video) next to a chopper (and failed to destroy the chopper from what I'm told) but even if you did destroy the chopper, I know that within 1-2 hours of this video we had it again (fully repaired with the gear we have stored in multiple locations for this very purpose). So you must ask yourselves: do you need to work on your "META" game? I think so.

Oh, he mad.

Salgor open your eyes. That account was made 28th of July .

And what he quotaed me taking screen shots an you reporting it was bs . Correct me if I'm wrong . But we never talked about any of that . Nobody mentioned anything . And when I was fed up with the kids in Elysium and told Tod I was leaving , he wrote to me I don't want to lose you lol.

That was 2 weeks and 3 days ago .

We META gamed them. You were banned unfairly. I was later banned and another friend was also banned. We had a member of our group inflitrate their clan and spy on them for around the last 6 weeks. We decided today that we were going to destroy them as we know they kill noobs at the coast for nothing. This was a long long time in planning and almost perfectly executed. The full video will be posted tomorrow ( too tired to make it now (( it's long )) and anyone viewing that will see that this server is run by admins who abuse their priviledges.

BTW Lambeta, nice Alt-F4 attempt.

Cool video. and cool attack. but its kinda lame that the ghosting part is not on the video. cuz you guyz ghosted a lot on the first heli down. im just saying the video its clearly edited to make elysium look bad and you guyz look awezome. either way it was a cool ambush.. and xerpt had me fooled xD i had no idea..

Hey Naltron! Sorry for surprising you this morning (figure it was night time where you live), but don't ever scare me like that anymore, almost stepping on my head with a ghillie and an FN FAL mate, if you then continue to walk away and aim for my head rather than saying something in direct comms, you signed your death contract.

Anyway, ghosting? He didn't ghost at all on the first heli down, I don't know where you see it, the only thing he did was remove a part of the time he ran through the forest to keep the video interesting. Or would you rather have watched someone run through a forest for 6 minutes with a chopper flying somewhere overhead without anything else happening?

Where is Rocket to shut their server down. It doesn't matter what they think, they did what they should not have done, despite excuses.

The intent of the current rule set is understood. Problem is, saying that you have to come up with concrete proof BEFORE you ban someone (temp or perm) is an issue (as evident by the numerous threads on how the rules need to be revised). Telling the SA's that they have to allow disruptive behavior to continue while they spend time reviewing logs is asinine. Even though I know no one will believe me, if the ambush incident happened to a different group, on a different server I would still say: "It is very believable that they thought that someone was teleporting to them, and killing them, a server restart is valid, and after the SA determines who was out at the location, a temp ban to further investigate is warranted"

I wasn't there, I watched the video, you guys performed an excellent ambush, I think it is awesome and welcome this type of game play, as does Rocket.

You stated that your whole motivation for this was that we go to Cherno/Electro and kill folks. This is just a guesstimate, but I would say that thousands and thousands of players do that. Hell, watch some of the top viewed Twitch TV streamers and you will see that is what they do. Is it right/wrong, that is your personal opinion, and neither answer is right or wrong.

Kodabar stated in a different thread he had someone in the Clan feeding him information, Xerpt's named was dropped by someone, don't remember who. That is the extent of my knowledge on who the spy was.

In a case where I am in game, and someone is doing something suspicious or outright hacking/cheating (to include combat logging or ghosting), they will be removed (a kick), if they return and continue, a temp ban to take the time to look over the situation and determine to the best of my ability if it is legit behavior or not. If it is, the temp ban will be removed, if I feel that the behavior is not legit the ban will stick and they can appeal.

Like I said, I think your Operation was awesome, you completed caught them/us with our pants down and spanked away! Sure makes the game more interesting. I have no hard feelings what so ever towards you or anyone that was involved.

• Like 1

Hey Naltron! Sorry for surprising you this morning (figure it was night time where you live), but don't ever scare me like that anymore, almost stepping on my head with a ghillie and an FN FAL mate, if you then continue to walk away and aim for my head rather than saying something in direct comms, you signed your death contract.

Anyway, ghosting? He didn't ghost at all on the first heli down, I don't know where you see it, the only thing he did was remove a part of the time he ran through the forest to keep the video interesting. Or would you rather have watched someone run through a forest for 6 minutes with a chopper flying somewhere overhead without anything else happening?

haha, i was running back from elektro, i was helping protect a heli down i killed a lot of ghosters whit svd. i gave the svd to a friend and log off. so i decided to run back to the camp whitout night vision or anything i only had the fn fall prity much, all the sudden i see this guy on the floor i could have killed you but i though it was someone from the clan. so i press P to check and realise there was no one from the clan when i dicided to find you it was to late, i could nearly see since i didn't had nvgs on me atm..

and your friend threinity or however you spell that did ghost. he did it to me. he was next to the lake on old fields i shoot him and he disconnected. all the sudden he reconnected on the tree line to the other side, i saw him and killed him..

so ya he did ghosted you should ask him to be honest whit you..

Cool video. and cool attack. but its kinda lame that the ghosting part is not on the video. cuz you guyz ghosted a lot on the first heli down. im just saying the video its clearly edited to make elysium look bad and you guyz look awezome. either way it was a cool ambush.. and xerpt had me fooled xD i had no idea..

Not true at all mate. The video was edited to save time, but just for your little accusation here's a low quality render of the full 12 mins of that sequence - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXukkA2meC8&feature=youtu.be

So to explain this, I've just raided your camp after doing a 20 minute run from Elektro to there. I'd been there earlier after that first death ( to the bug, i was so fuckin mad about that death lol ) raided an AS50 an M249 a backpack, 3 ghillie suits, 3 NVG's and 2 Rangefinders from there. Left the area then left your server to hook up with some buddies to pass the gear off for storage. I then decide that since I've got an AS50, i may as well go after your chopper.

Then i get the second death to Ian, or whatever. Whatever happened with Threatty is nothing to do with me. I was only in TS with him and he said nothing about disconnecting, all I heard from him was when he died. At that time I'm doing the 20 min elektro run again. I raid the camp a second time, get a ghillie an AS50 another backpack, M249 and shit ( those 2 Lee Enfields in the tents were a present from me ). Notice I'm dying of thirst in this video, have no food and no sidearm. If I was hacking in gear, do you think I'd let myself die of thirst?

This video starts literally just as I'm moving away from the 2 tents next to each other by the 2 lakes. I see your vehicles and search them in the hopes of finding food and water. I don't have any luck and then I shoot your dude and the video shit goes down.

About 5 mins after I stopped recording this I left the server. I needed a piss IRL, was dying of thirst in game and still suffering the effects of adrenaline and gasping for a smoke.

So then i hook up with my buddies on another server and we go night time raiding to get me and Threatty supplied back up. We do a Stary raid then a NWA raid. Xerpt joins us on the airfield raid ( where i aggroed a fuckload of zombies hence the jump in zed kills in the video ). I ask him where the big Elysium camps are and he says there's one out west. We run to that area under cover of night and swap server. Xerpt goes onto your server to check the camp's clear. It is and we log in ( we wouldn't have logged in had someone been in your camp as that's just dodgy ), raid all the supplies we need then set up in bushes and wait for a good 25-30 mins for the chopper to come. the rest is there to be seen.

Now I appreciate you guys being upset about this but I'm pretty fucking livid that we put in a good shift the other night to really get you guys well. We out thought and outplayed you. As i said earlier in this thread, 2 of us took 6 of you without ever being fired on, that to me is pretty fucking impressive on our part and an indictment on how your clan operates. All you do by way of acknowledgement is accuse us falsely of cheating.

None of it was personal, we just do not like people who sit at the coast shooting defenceless players with sniper rifles as people have witnessed you doing. We intend to do the same to others who do that.

Now if that video's not enough I'll gladly post 20 or so minutes of me sitting behind that tree, tabbing out to talk to Xerpt over steam. It's as glamorous as it sounds.

So now I'd appreciate it if you guys would stop throwing accusations around and just say something along the lines of "we were wrong and we're sorry, well played" ( as a few decent members of Elysium have done already ) and then everyone should just leave it at that.

Edited by The Scrub
  • Like 4