jameskp

Banned from US 1023 to "check logs"

It depends on how you define "fair". If you define fair fighting by having an ex-member of the clan give away positions to your group or friends (while being on the clan teamspeak) and having everyone get into position on another server then sure.

I understand that that is explicitly allowed. As apparently that now ex-member had long been known to be a spy, I don't see that it matters either way. Everything we did was in accordance with the rules.

The people that had temp bans put in place were all found in the same location based upon logs. At a quick glance it appeared as though the users teleported to that location with knowledge that there is a heli/users in the secluded location. The bans did not stay in place for more than 15 minutes.

So it was thought that teleportation had occurred, whereas in actual fact it hadn't? That would be fair enough; just an honest mistake.

Off road(white) and ATV is back at Salgors base lol:)

OMGZ move it now, we can't lose those!!!

Its almost likely we dont have helis to find them again! O OO NOOOOOOOO.

OMGZ move it now, we can't lose those!!!

nice vids.. really shows the admin abuse, alt-f4ing,shutting down of the server multiple times, and banning of legitimate players.

plenty of evidence here to bring this server off the list. id suggest everyone putting in tickets with links to these videos

thanks for the enjoyment. vids were most awesome

Edited by ballzfernando

All it shows is that he shoot a heli and killed some players. The edited in voices proof nothing, fabrications perhaps.

nice vids.. really shows the admin abuse, alt-f4ing,shutting down of the server multiple times, and banning of legitimate players.

plenty of evidence here to bring this server off the list. id suggest everyone putting in tickets with links to these videos

All it shows is that he shoot a heli and killed some players. The edited in voices proof nothing, fabrications perhaps.

thats the best you can come up with? really?

updated my ticket with evidence... good luck guys i think youll need it

Edited by ballzfernando

I dont have to come up with anymore, not for you atleast.

thats the best you can come up with? really?

I know I said I was done responding to you but this has to be said.

Who Alt-F4'ed.

It's completely believable that a group of players out in the middle of nowhere all the sudden get ambushed, think someone tp'ed to their location. They restart the server, to try and determine wth is going on.

See my second statement, and add now the players that are suspected of tp'ing are removed until things can be verified or disproven. In this case it was disproven, and the bans removed within 30 minutes.

Now on to your insistence that EVERYONE file a ticket on the matter. NOTHING happened to you, NOTHING happened to everyone. The only people that should be filing any tickets should be the people who were involved. Why is that such a hard concept for you to understand?

you sound mad bro

keep on abusing those privileges while you can

Edited by ballzfernando
  • Like 1

Exactly, you have no response.

Far from mad at anything, in fact I think they performed an excellent Operation, kudos to them.

I don't see them on here screaming for justice and urging everyone to file a Admin Abuse ticket.

i already responded. this is a public forum if you havent noticed.

everyone has a say here and the admin abuse in this case is appalling.

i already responded. this is a public forum if you havent noticed.

everyone has a say here and the admin abuse in this case is appalling.

Curious, have you submitted tickets against all the "abusive admins" you have read about in these forums?

yours would be the first as it is the most entertaining one so far and i would love to see it through till the very end credits

hoping there is a sneak peak vid at the end

Edited by ballzfernando

yours would be the first as it is the most enternaining one so far and i would love to see it through till the very end credits

hoping there is a sneak peak vid at the end

Well good luck with that, looking forward to seeing you posting in every other "admin abuse" thread to further your crusade against us evil, evil admins :)

To chip in as a server admin... Rocket and the DayZ team doesn't want you banning anyone ANYWAY without proper information first to prevent incidents such as the one going on in this thread right now.

Infact, You can't ban someone to 'check the logs'. If reported, you will be warned to remove the ban, and failure to adhere to the warning would result in a blacklisting.

The only time you can ban anyone is malicious speech and racism. Beyond that as an admin, you have no powers besides you run the server and have a home for your clan. Even with or without the video you still can't just ban individuals. Getting 'one' potential hacker, who can go around your bans by the way, is not worth banning ten potentially innocent players.

• Like 5

To chip in as a server admin... Rocket and the DayZ team doesn't want you banning anyone ANYWAY without proper information first to prevent incidents such as the one going on in this thread right now.

Infact, You can't ban someone to 'check the logs'. If reported, you will be warned to remove the ban, and failure to adhere to the warning would result in a blacklisting.

The only time you can ban anyone is malicious speech and racism. Beyond that as an admin, you have no powers besides you run the server and have a home for your clan. Even with or without the video you still can't just ban individuals. Getting 'one' potential hacker, who can go around your bans by the way, is not worth banning ten potentially innocent players.

We understand the rules. Problem is, that we are not going to allow a hacker to run wild on the server while we spend time combing through logs to make the determination. In this instance, it was shown that they indeed were legit in less than 30 minutes and the bans removed, TBH I don't see the great harm that was done.

The current rule set is not functional for anyone other than hackers/cheaters, as evident by the numerous posts asking/begging the Dev's to revise them.

We understand the rules. Problem is, that we are not going to allow a hacker to run wild on the server while we spend time combing through logs to make the determination.

Problem is, you have too. Sorry, you follow the same rules as everyone else. I really hope for your sake you don't get blacklisted. Not saying I agree with the rules, I am just saying you or I don't get to makeup rules as we go along. We go with what DayZ Staff tell us. As you agreed to DayZ's ToS when you wanted to be whitelisted through them.

Just because people ask and beg Dev's to change the rules doesn't mean you should make their job harder by banning people you suspect might be hacking and then threads like this pop up and cause them more problems to deal with to decide if you are following their rules or not.

It doesn't help anyone.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin
  • Like 1

Problem is, you have too. Sorry, you follow the same rules as everyone else. I really hope for your sake you don't get blacklisted. Not saying I agree with the rules, I am just saying you or I don't get to makeup rules as we go along. We go with what DayZ Staff tell us. As you agreed to DayZ's ToS when you wanted to be whitelisted through them.

Just because people ask and beg Dev's to change the rules doesn't mean you should make their job harder by banning people you suspect might be hacking and then threads like this pop up and cause them more problems to deal with to decide if you are following their rules or not.

It doesn't help anyone.

I guess we will just take our chances then. Being told that we have to allow someone to create havoc on our server as long as they like, and not remove them is crazy. I think they (Devs) understand that, just cant understand why they seem to not care.

BTW, love the quote in your Sig :)

Edited by AADiC

I guess we will just take our chances then. Being told that we have to allow someone to create havoc on our server as long as they like, and not remove them is crazy. I think they (Devs) understand that, just cant understand why they seem to not care.

BTW, love the quote in your Sig :)

If you want some positive light. I doubt DayZ Devs are going to do anything to you. Earlier today Rocket was talking about the possibility of Private Servers/Private Hives was a possibility to help combat the hacker problem. (Because ArmaII and Battleye are not designed for DayZ) This strongly suggests they have been talking about it behind the scenes for sometime and just haven't given a definite yes or no.

I think the Devs understand also, but just do what Rocket wants them to do because this is Rockets game.

Thank you. M O N S T E R is a good friend of mine.

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

good luck with your server mister evil do'er! :P

Just so you get it.....

If the Devs ever bothered to read and respond to the ticket with a blacklist or threat of blacklist to the server (highly unlikely, but if anyway) here's what the admin will be facing for all your effort:

1. He will get to put $50 a month back in his pocket. Or

2. He will have a new server up in 24 hours or less, plenty of hosts willing to take the business

So your crusade is pointless, get over yourself.