jameskp

Banned from US 1023 to "check logs"

We don't cares about our stuffs, we gives it away, bro. We has every car on teh servurr becos we give it alls away. You is totally a bad spy cos we didn't kick you out when you smashed our stuffs and stole stuffs and got us killed. Reel spiez don't do nuffin 'cept take the sc33nshotz.

You is stoopid - we lose our choppaz bcos we're so leet. Duh! We all gets killed and shuts down the servurr and screemz hacka and bans every1 (dont tell teh devs) cos we're totuhlly l33t. You is teh loserz and liyarz. Elyz1um PRO 4 eva! Hord the stuffs, get all the carz and kill all the n00bz! Wurd.

• Like 5

Will continue with 1st offense = kick, second offense = ban for combat logging and ghosting. Not one person who has received this on my server has appealed so must be doing something right.

I see you have been following your own rules rather nicely.

You cant ban people because you THINK something looks suspicious. You cant shut down the server because you guys just died and OMG it must have been a hacker!

You should be blacklisted for those things alone and you can take it up with the Dayz Team on how your admin abuse is not really abuse.

That Video was amazing btw.

Nice job banning people with no evidence..restarting server to get your gears back and just plain admin abuse going on all over the place in here...

i vote to remove this server from the list. Just put in my ticket

Just a question, but ever since you made your account on the forums, 4 days ago, you have been reacting to all these topics about ban appeals and spat out things like "Oh! Clearly admin abuse! OMGWTFBBQ REMOVE THE SURVUR!"

What exactly is your problem? As you don't seem to be directly involved in any of the topics you've been spitting your filth on.

Just a question, but ever since you made your account on the forums, 4 days ago, you have been reacting to all these topics about ban appeals and spat out things like "Oh! Clearly admin abuse! OMGWTFBBQ REMOVE THE SURVUR!"

What exactly is your problem? As you don't seem to be directly involved in any of the topics you've been spitting your filth on.

I enjoy it? and this is the second topic i have posted in in regards to server admin abuse

And really the only filth in here are the admins abusing their powers as admins

Edited by ballzfernando

I enjoy it?

If that's everything, don't go around saying servers should be removed. You haven't played any part in this at all and obviously don't know what's going on. Sure, you can enjoy what's happening here, I know I am, but if you have no clue what exactly you're talking about, your comments on how the server should be removed because of admin abuse are completely unfounded.

If that's everything, don't go around saying servers should be removed. You haven't played any part in this at all and obviously don't know what's going on. Sure, you can enjoy what's happening here, I know I am, but if you have no clue what exactly you're talking about, your comments on how the server should be removed because of admin abuse are completely unfounded.

Well that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Shutting down server and banning people for illegetimate reasons is against the rules and should be dealt with accordingly.. and thats a fact

Edited by ballzfernando

I think you're mixing up the difference between opinions and facts here.

did anyone in this thread hack or do anything worthy of a ban? Should this server have come offline due to hackers?

did the admins die, shut down the server, and ban people?

tell me wich ones of those are true.

Edited by ballzfernando

You cant ban people because you THINK something looks suspicious. You cant shut down the server because you guys just died and OMG it must have been a hacker!

You should be blacklisted for those things alone and you can take it up with the Dayz Team on how your admin abuse is not really abuse.

As I said I wasn't there. I saw the forum thread, hopped on TS asked what happened. The Admin who was there wasn't online so I couldn't talk to him. So what "evidence" he has on the person that was banned, I do not know. He did post in this thread though about the situation and stated that the logs showed something and that they would be available for review by the DayZ staff.

Concerning "OMG it must be a hacker cause....." I would venture to say that with the current state/amount of "hacking" in this game, if something looks fishy or something out of the ordinary happens, a majority of SA's will believe they are being hacked first, sad state of the game, but true.

There is another thread in here about someone who was banned for either "combat logging" or "ghosting". They came here, told their story, the SA looked into it and his ban was removed. The process might not be perfect, but it worked, and in this case, if it turns out that a mistake was made, the ban will be reversed. As far as being blacklisted, if it happens, it happens, no fucks will be given, by me at least.

It is definatly not easy being an admin. But if you are not willing to follow the rules then create a private hive, lock it, and password it

otherwise you are just as bad as the hackers

did anyone in this thread hack or do anything worthy of a ban? Should this server have come offline due to hackers?

The first one is indeed false, there was no one here doing anything worthy of a ban. As for the reason the server came offline due to hackers, I think AADiC gave a good explanation for this. If you listen to the TS-conversation they had, there was members yelling that someone was hacking and as he wasn't there and the only SA online at that moment, taking the server down was his only feasible option.

That said, I believe none of their admins died, just some members (correct me if I'm wrong, Elysium members should know more about this, I don't know their member ranks).

However, if you're asking me about this, can -you- tell me who is banned on their server? I think you don't know shit about their ban-list and are basing your statement, yet again, on your own personal opinion and not a fact.

The guy who started this topic was already unbanned IIRC and as for the rest of us, I don't know, but surely you don't either.

Conclusion: You're basing your statements on your own personal opinion and not facts and evidence, and thus you whining about how this server should be removed is just laughable.

As I said I wasn't there. I saw the forum thread, hopped on TS asked what happened. The Admin who was there wasn't online so I couldn't talk to him. So what "evidence" he has on the person that was banned, I do not know. He did post in this thread though about the situation and stated that the logs showed something and that they would be available for review by the DayZ staff.

Concerning "OMG it must be a hacker cause....." I would venture to say that with the current state/amount of "hacking" in this game, if something looks fishy or something out of the ordinary happens, a majority of SA's will believe they are being hacked first, sad state of the game, but true.

There is another thread in here about someone who was banned for either "combat logging" or "ghosting". They came here, told their story, the SA looked into it and his ban was removed. The process might not be perfect, but it worked, and in this case, if it turns out that a mistake was made, the ban will be reversed. As far as being blacklisted, if it happens, it happens, no fucks will be given, by me at least.

QFT, of course, it's sad to see how so many people are hacking and how everyone started yelling "HACKER" when shit came down. At the end of the day, it's not always easy deciding who's right and who's wrong.

so just because some one in TS yells hacker then it must be true and the server should be brought down and random people with no evidence should be banned?

got it. makes so much sense now

"Did anyone in this thread hack or do anything worthy of a ban"

According to the Admin yes, as stated a few times already. The logs are available to the Staff/Dev's for review.

"Should the server come offline due to hackers"

Yes, it should have been RESTARTED because the Admin felt there was a hacker on the server.

"Did the Admin's die, shut down the server, and ban people"

Yes, I believe the Admin did die. Yes the server was restarted (because the Admin felt there was a hacker in it). Yes, the suspected hacker was banned, logs checked and determined that something strange in fact was going on. You act like restarting the server restart was so that they could retrieve their gear, which can't be done. As I stated in my prior post, if it is determined that the person was banned unjustly, the ban will be removed. People like you who think that the world is perfect and people get "it" right the first time amaze me

what amazes me is people getting shot at,dieing, and yelling for server restarts and hackers.

Yes, I believe the Admin did die. Yes the server was restarted (because the Admin felt there was a hacker in it)

this is called abuse

you dont admin on "feelings"

Edited by ballzfernando

Ballzfernado, I believe you are the one screaming for the server in the other thread I mentioned to be blacklisted also, even though the situation was resolved. I would think that only person that was banned, then reinstated, would be the person that should be submitting a ticket for action against the server, makes sense. You seem to only be here to rage about abusive admins, and cause more issues in a situation that you have no stake in, make no sense.

Anyways, it will be figured out and the appropriate action taken.

You still haven't answered my question on what abusive action was taken against YOU that caused YOU to submit a ticket?

this is called abuse

you dont admin on "feelings"

I think you don't get the point of being a server admin.

In case something looks like a hacker, yes, you DO take the server down (or restart it) because, if it is indeed a hacker, you'll have to stop him ASAP, before he makes more victims.

The fact that you don't understand me is the only thing that amazes me, well... That, and the fact that you're mingling in discussions that are completely of no concern to you.

In case something looks like a hacker, yes, you DO take the server down (or restart it) because, if it is indeed a hacker, you'll have to stop him ASAP, before he makes more victims.

The fact that you don't understand me is the only thing that amazes me, well... That, and the fact that you're mingling in discussions that are completely of no concern to you.

i am a server admin and if i took the server down everytime i "thought" something was going down my server would never be up.

you can't scream hacker and take the server down because someone shoots and kills you.gimme a break.

Edited by ballzfernando
  • Like 1

These Elysium kids sure do make a lot of noise telling everyone how little they care. If I was playing a game where I met every outcome with indifference, I would stop playing the game. So doesn't it seem more than a little odd just how vehemently Aadic and Jerek bang on about how little they care - Aadic's even got a special little phrase that he likes to repeat over and over. It also seems quite at odds with the way the clan start shouting "hacker" and banning people at the first sign of trouble.

But all this is getting away from the original matter. People (yes, plural) were banned and there's been some vague insinuation that something suspicious was going on (some have even stated it as "fact"). I listened to the Teamspeak feed and it seems clear to me that the admin did not feel that there was a hacker - he repeatedly asked if the server should be taken down after someone else cried "hack". It's also been said that the logs will be available for inspection by the devs. What I'm wondering is: why wait? Many hours have passed since the allegedly suspicious activity. Surely the logs have been checked and the hacking identified. So can we all see the relevant section, please? Just post it up here and all will be clear.

Unless of course there was no hacking and there was just a knee-jerk reaction to getting shot at. But that would never happen, would it?

• Like 2

Ballzfernado, I believe you are the one screaming for the server in the other thread I mentioned to be blacklisted also, even though the situation was resolved. I would think that only person that was banned, then reinstated, would be the person that should be submitting a ticket for action against the server, makes sense. You seem to only be here to rage about abusive admins, and cause more issues in a situation that you have no stake in, make no sense.

Anyways, it will be figured out and the appropriate action taken.

You still haven't answered my question on what abusive action was taken against YOU that caused YOU to submit a ticket?

It doesnt matter if the other situation was resolved or not. Bad admining is still bad admining. As of right now there seems to be no repercussions against admins that make bad decisions. There needs to be. Players get banned.. server admins get........... nothing

This thread is all about really bad admining

Just reading through most of these threads in this section it is running rampant. Admins need consequences for their actions to keep this kind of stuff in check

YOU make the rest of US admins look bad. Thats why i filed a ticket

Edited by ballzfernando

Just reading through most of these threads in this section it is running rampant. Admins need consequences for their actions to keep this kind of stuff in check

Sadly I don't see this happening any time soon.

Kodabar, if your response is to me, save your breath, you are on ignore.

Ballzfernando, it must be nice living in your world were everyone does the right thing the first time. It does matter that it was resolved, because that means that an error was made, and it was corrected, that is how things happen in the real world everyday. If people were given the highest level punishment the first time they did something wrong, that's just asinine.

I didn't make anyone look bad. Repeating myself, AGAIN, if it is determined that James (I think that is who was banned) was banned unfairly, it will be removed, problem solved.

Since you keep harping on the fact that any mistake by a SA is not acceptable (an asinine thought), this will be my last response to you.

PS. Just found out that the ban was removed yesterday.

/thread

Edited by AADiC

If people were given the highest level punishment the first time they did something wrong, that's just asinine.

and yet you do this to the players playing on your server.....................why should you as an admin be absolved from similar punishment?.

/thread

Edited by ballzfernando

I'm one of the server admins on US 1023 - just to let you know those "rules" are not followed. We do not kick/ban users for ghosting lightly (even though it's considered an exploit by rocket) - however, if there are enough complaints about this regarding a specific user who is abusing this then they will be banned from the server. It only seems fair to other players on the server.

On the servers I have played on most admins do shut down the server after a hacker presence is known. Be it teleporting, mass killing, spawning or other abusive actions.

It seems as though DayZ in the last few weeks has become infested with hackers and it's becoming harder to differentiate between them and legitimate users.

It's much easier to temporarily remove a user from the server and fully examine the logs than it is to not do anything and have "hackers" running through the server time after time.

Well that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Shutting down server and banning people for illegetimate reasons is against the rules and should be dealt with accordingly.. and thats a fact

Another heads up, the US 1023 ban list is the default ban list. There are not other bans. The 3 temp bans put in place have been removed in under 30 minutes.

There's nothing wrong with an active admin team on ANY DayZ server.

This is usually the case, an incident happened a week ago where a hacker was reported but no admin was around and within a few minutes the entire server was killed.

It could have been prevented by a simple restart and temp ban on that user.

Why were the bans enacted? Seriously, I'd like to know.

We all understand that admins have to react to hackers. And I'm sure most of us can understand that sometimes the suspicions may be incorrect but were acted upon for all the right reasons. It just seems odd that in this case the bans were handed out at a time when your clan were attacked. There is nothing wrong with proactive administrating, but is it really the case that when even one clan member shouts "hacker" that the server is stopped and bans handed out?

So just what were the suspicions in this case?

We were challenged to come on to your server and fight your clan. That when we did so in a completely fair manner the server was stopped and players got banned just seems odd. Please tell me it was a co-incidence that there were legitimate hacking concerns at the same time.

• Like 1

Why were the bans enacted? Seriously, I'd like to know.

We all understand that admins have to react to hackers. And I'm sure most of us can understand that sometimes the suspicions may be incorrect but were acted upon for all the right reasons. It just seems odd that in this case the bans were handed out at a time when your clan were attacked. There is nothing wrong with proactive administrating, but is it really the case that when even one clan member shouts "hacker" that the server is stopped and bans handed out?

So just what were the suspicions in this case?

We were challenged to come on to your server and fight your clan. That when we did so in a completely fair manner the server was stopped and players got banned just seems odd. Please tell me it was a co-incidence that there were legitimate hacking concerns at the same time.

It depends on how you define "fair". If you define fair fighting by having an ex-member of the clan give away positions to your group or friends (while being on the clan teamspeak) and having everyone get into position on another server then sure.

I doesn't really matter, it happened and good for you - no argument in that.

The people that had temp bans put in place were all found in the same location based upon logs. At a quick glance it appeared as though the users teleported to that location with knowledge that there is a heli/users in the secluded location. The bans did not stay in place for more than 15 minutes.