Sign in to follow this  
jesse_thornhill@hotmail.ca

is removing files cheating?

no not at all.

also the you won't be able to spawn in as you will be kicked because of the missing files. but you know its worth a shot.

Uhh I don't think it would even let you play DayZ. Are you worried about random pop-up errors that you are getting? Such as the "no entry bin" errors? Don't worry everyone gets them just click ok when they pop-up.

As for trees and rocks, it sounds like said player failed to either download DayZ correctly or did not put his/her files in the correct location i.e. @dayz -> addons.

no not at all.

also the you won't be able to spawn in as you will be kicked because of the missing files. but you know its worth a shot.

Uhh I don't think it would even let you play DayZ. Are you worried about random pop-up errors that you are getting? Such as the "no entry bin" errors? Don't worry everyone gets them just click ok when they pop-up.

As for trees and rocks, it sounds like said player failed to either download DayZ correctly or did not put his/her files in the correct location i.e. @dayz -> addons.

it lets me load in fine but my friends and i are having arguments that its cheating

Edited by dieseldog

like say if someone removed there trees files/rocks ext?

Are you serious?

Of course it's a form of cheat/exploit.

You'll be asking if unlimited ammo and health is legit next <_<

it lets me load in fine but my friends and i are having arguments that its cheating

It is obviously cheating. You remove content that gives you and edge over everyone else, theres trees all over this map, and used a lot of hiding. You will just have a clear shot at everything, its no doubt not fair.

Could be considered unethical if you use it to look for camps and vehicles hidden in the wilderness. Otherwise, there's no problem with it.

well there you go.

Yes its cheating. also removing the buildings would speed it up alot more too.

It is cheating if you have no trees and or rocks, might as well just get a wallhack while you are at it.

If you remove things like trees you can see camps easyer, so i think it's cheating, that's why to play in a server i first remove some files of plants, if i get kicked i re-add the plants and play on the server, if i don't get kicked i go try another server, i think this shouldn't be allowed on servers or this should be something that is everywhere, like when you buy a server or something.

It is, if you cant play without doing this then either upgrade or don't play. Whether or not you intend to use it in an unfair way, you can't avoid the behavior. If you see someone running through a forest that is a flat plain on your screen you can't just pretend you didn't see him. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

It is, if you cant play without doing this then either upgrade or don't play. Whether or not you intend to use it in an unfair way, you can't avoid the behavior. If you see someone running through a forest that is a flat plain on your screen you can't just pretend you didn't see him. Sorry, that's just the way it is.

i know well what ever it really sucks cuz theres no way to detect it :(, ill keep useing like i was