mikeasic

Why are people playing this?

They might be douche bags but in the end the game wouldn't be the same without them. Realising that makes me calm down pretty quickly when someone one-shots me without warning.

Some people don't want the game to be the same. It is in alpha after all and changes will be made, but that's a conversation for another thread.

I think I made my point though. Most of the community kills for fun, therefor the community is full of Assholes.

The idea behind this game is just too good, even though the execution is not the best(but its pretty good for an alpha).

Simply cannot pass this game ..

cant do shit if u cant get an item 4hrs wandering around and best i can find is wood w/e i am done with this and this community lol lack there of

Learn to hunt more effectively, there are loot route tutorials. Also, be cautious and use stealth and you might not aggro every zombie in Elektro.

I am really confused I never can find a weapon these zombies are all runing 4 sec 40's and I havnt seen 1 player in 4 hrs not to mention no way to general chat I wish i could get my money back or they had some type of explanation on wtf to do. Controls are prob the worst in any game I played and my map function never works have no clue where I am or where to go.

This is a mod in alpha state...that means it is not done yet and we are the rabbits testing it. There are tons of threads with help for new players i suggest you read them or play another game.

just stick with it. learn the control and how to not aggro zeds..

i started two days ago and took me three arma2 bootcamp runs to get used to the clunky controls. after that it took me a dozen of lives to learn the game a bit.

since yesterday evening i finally have a makarov, water and food.

It's a game i like to play because of the setting, excitement and the not knowing what comes next.

p.s. i bought arma2 and arma2:oa just for the mod ;)

I am really confused I never can find a weapon these zombies are all runing 4 sec 40's and I havnt seen 1 player in 4 hrs not to mention no way to general chat I wish i could get my money back or they had some type of explanation on wtf to do. Controls are prob the worst in any game I played and my map function never works have no clue where I am or where to go.

1: No wep? Look in a whole town and then you will find one. Even a makarov. But you will still find one.

2: Sneak by the zombies or run with them in a building. Either you find a wep and finish them off, either exit by the other side of the house.

3: No player in 4hrs? Either you are lucky, either you saw no player-count on server-join. But you are still lucky.

4: General chat? Group is either broken, either IDK and join SideChat servers, either yell over DirectChat when you see someone wich is close to you.

5: Controls worst!? In 1 hour I learned all and binded all to my preferences. You must be new here.

5: Find a map and learn it, and try to find out the cyrillic names. By now I know 75% of all town names in cyrillic. If you know in what town you are, and you have a map, hit M, go to that town, and use it!

Well, all 5 things show that you are new here. Welcome to DayZ, it is an Zombie Apocalypse in a Mil-Sim world, not in a linear FPS world. Chernarus is HUGE, 225 square km. Not the maps in normal FPS wich are like 100x100m. It's hard to find someone friendly, but once you do, you can do many stuff. I just found yesterday someone wich gave me free NVG's. Thx again!