trav

Game unplayable due to hacking

Our server is being relentlessly hacked nightly. This has made the game unplayable for "serious" players.

I realize that the engine has certain security limitations. Is there any timeline on when we can expect to see the beginnings of a playable standalone, where these cocksucking whoresons can be somewhat controlled or contained? I absolutely LOVE this mod. With all of the alpha glitches, etc... I still love it. But the stress of being killed nightly by invisi-players with speed hacks, ported into "mazes", having all of our vehicles disappear has tipped the fun to frustration ratio far out of whack.

I am down with losing gear, and having to start over. Thats the nature of the beast. I dont mind "losing" to someone better, or luckier than I am. But the current state of affairs is to shitty to be endured.

Cant wait for you guys to have something in place to counter these bastards. I have never been into pwding server, but am starting to believe that servers should be accessible by application only. It wont cure the problem, but it could be more of a deterrent.... Since there are NO deterrents existing currently.

• Like 3

Apparently this is becoming more prevalent on more and more servers.

• Like 1

I too am losing the will to login and bother trying to find nice things when most nights end in a teleport or godmode AS50 + Thermal wielding asshole.

I love this game too, I'm very tolerant of bugs and will keep coming back no matter how many trees kill me but being hacked daily is just ruining the fun in any survival efforts, it's depressing.

I really hope the standalone can/will do something about this.

Vas.

I already lost the will. I'm not wasting my time playing a game that others can so easily ruin. It's sad, we request all these features for games. The features get made, but other issues completely vex the features until it's the very feature that seems to be the source of the problem.

DayZ's Food Chain:

Hacker

Greifer

Bandit

Occasional Murderer

New Player

Helpful Player

What a model to build a community on.

• Like 2