Sign in to follow this  
jacknorrisuk

In need of flare sound effects for animated film

Hello there peeps. I'm in desperate need of the flare sound effects from DayZ as they will be a fundamental part of my almost finished film!

I've managed to rip most other sounds from the addon PBO, just can't seem to find the flare sounds.

Whoever helps me or just sends me the audio files - I'll make you a cool animated gif DayZ avatar in return.

Cheers guize!

9Km4Hl.jpg

6uTaKl.jpg

couldn't you just record it from the game? (just a thought there)

pics look cool man. I like the art style. We'll keep my eye out for this when it's done. ;-)

Extracted from the game files: sounds.rar, also, please see here for tools to convert the file back to something you can use.

Also, please ask for permission before using these files in your movie. I'm just providing them because it's trivial for anyone to extract them, but that does not mean that you can legally use them without asking their creators.

Oh, on a related note. The reason why you probably did not find them is that they reside in the weapons file, not the sfx file.

Edited by jwiechers
  • Like 1

Wow, is that animated over the top of a legit water color? If so I'm curious how many paintings you did, and if it's all computer generated... I'm still impressed.

Edited by Doodadnox

Extracted from the game files: sounds.rar, also, please see here for tools to convert the file back to something you can use.

Also, please ask for permission before using these files in your movie. I'm just providing them because it's trivial for anyone to extract them, but that does not mean that you can legally use them without asking their creators.

Oh, on a related note. The reason why you probably did not find them is that they reside in the weapons file, not the sfx file.

Thanks buddy, that's all I was after. I was suspecting it was probably in a different folder somewhere, but alas, why not ask the community before I dig 'em all up?

In terms of copyright, I will be using BI's Youtube partnership form to file the video. Any other potential infringement will be dealt with through youtube, as per.

Yep, there are real-life watercolour paintings of Chernorussian scenes. I might frame them and put them on my wall.

Look out for my film around the 1 million player mark. Cheers guys!

Thanks buddy, that's all I was after. I was suspecting it was probably in a different folder somewhere, but alas, why not ask the community before I dig 'em all up?

You're very welcome.

In terms of copyright, I will be using BI's Youtube partnership form to file the video. Any other potential infringement will be dealt with through youtube, as per.

I am not 100% certain it is a stock BI sound, but since you're aware of the issue, I'm satisfied. It's just that a lot of people *aren't* aware that you can't just use stuff. :-)

Yep, there are real-life watercolour paintings of Chernorussian scenes. I might frame them and put them on my wall.

Amazing! :-)