ataraxia (DayZ)

Thoughts on removing NVG's?

I think removing them would make night time play much more interesting. As of now most players who dont have nvg simply dont join night servers.

Unfortunately all this would do right now is mean nobody would join night servers :(

pretty much.

Yeah...it would change the night time play to the point where noone plays on nighttime servers :rolleyes:

Seriously though, Rocket already mentioned that the reason this game is so dark is actually that ArmA 2 was never designed to be played without NVGs at night. So...another "please make this game more softcore" request that I just can't agree with.

Not wanting to derail your thread but I think a cool sound should be added when you switch them on much like in bf2 special forces.

no, no. the only reason i CAN play night servers is because of NVG's.... If i dont have them all i see is pitch black...

so no pls

~silent

The only way this could ever occur is if Nighttime servers were "Worth it" so to speak. Increased loot drops, decreased zeds, more vehicles...something to make nighttime servers more viable for players, rather than "Yup, I can't see unless I make myself a giant target with a road flare. Better switch servers."

-Increase nighttime brightness a bit(moon always?).

-Flashlight can be mounted on all weapons.

-Have NVG's use batteries fast. Batteries should be a rare spawn.

-Decrease nvg effectiveness(perhaps make it blurry)

• Like 1

I play at night just fine without NVG's. Most of the time I find myself walking with a g17 but night is still the best time to loot. I can see nearly perfectly with gamma and brightness all the way up. NVG's are a cool find and all but I am in the middle about removing them. Maybe make them 10 times more rare like the thermal weapons?

It would be far more interesting to have the NVGs have very limited range or be a bit blurry. But really the lighting in the world needs to be worked on. Outdoors any normal human being would be able to see at least slightly in the night so make the starlight and moonlight brighter. And only really make NVGs necessary indoors where there is no light at all.

Splinter Cell style.

Really? I have never found a pair of NVG's. I have played this "MOD" since its inception. I play mostly at night. You do not need NVG's to move around at night. Common sense, moonlight, flashlight, flares, chemlights, preferable a Glock 17 with the GTL21 already attached to it in the game.

I think removing them would make night time play much more interesting. As of now most players who dont have nvg simply dont join night servers.

nah i like the nvg's and i think its fair to have em and i have only ever had them once.... but i always play on night server's i prefer it more stealth :D