Sign in to follow this  
freak367

Is the M14 AIM good?

I was heading back up North after stupidly driving a bus on a suicide mission into Elektro and then Cherno for no apparent reason. And I stumbled upon a Heli crash site which only had a single item on it, an M14 AIM with 3 DMR mags. On me at the time I had an AK-74 with 6 mags, so something I didn't want to give up lightly, but I eventually decided to swap, after mowing down all of the military zombies that decided to keep spawning all around me. ¬_¬

I'd have put the AK-74 and mags in my pack but I have that filled with lots of of cooked meat, drinks and medical supplies since I am a lone survivor, no way I could open up 10+ slots without crippling myself for survival.

I don't want to waste the ammo on zombies since I don't have any plans to do a looting run of the N/W Airfield for DMR mags anytime soon which is my local. So I ask your advice if it was a worthy sacrifice of my AK-74?, I only see a primary weapon as something to defend against other players or for really bad situations, I use my G17 for zombies mostly.

Opinions?, I'm not sure if I have made a mistake dropping the AK-74 with so much ammo, I took lots of risks getting it, moreso than the M14.

Took a couple of screenshots.

2rxckzk.jpg

Also, what is that town behind me?

25ugsoo.jpg

Edited by FreaK367

You made a very good decision in my opinion, this gun is a freakin beast, 2 maybe 3 hits in center mass for a kill.

You did not make a mistake. M14 is a great gun against players and/or zombies in tense situations.

I believe it is a one shot kill above the stomach. Which is like a tactical lee enfield. Very good.

You didn't make a mistake that gun is very strong and very accurate.

Only downside is it's very very loud and will attract a lot of zombies if by a town/city.

Also my favorite gun, 2 shots take down a player with a good chance they'll pass out after the first.

Pretty abundant ammo, high accuracy and rate of fire.

Very nice gun, very versatile. Ammo is common, it does the same damage per shot as fn fal/dmr/m24/other 7.62 rifles. With the sight you can pull off shots up to and possibly even over 500m away, a very nice gun.

Ahh, good to know I made the right choice, the sight on it looks quite good, I had a look through, certainly better than iron sights which can be a pain at times.

I have no plan to use it near any town or city, unless faced with a hostile player. I have my G17 for the majority of situations, which is nice and quiet.

Thanks for all of your input :), I look forward and also dread the day I am required to use it, because it will mean I am in a horrible situation of life or death. :thumbsup:

I like the FNL better, but thats just me. its got burst shot so one burst center mass down goes a player. otherwise the M14 AIM is boss.