Sign in to follow this  
Mays (DayZ)

Guy logged before he died.

He had the biggest backpack, and a fucking epic assault rifle (not sure which) and I shot him, he fell to the floor.. anddddd he went. Checked the player list and he wasn't there.

Daniel you bastard.

And I need antibiotics before I die :( Got chased by a chopper, too!

Well thats just showing you that his virtual Dick has to be very small.

Pretty much!

It is quite unfortunate that you don't get his great loot, but take some solace in the fact that with the new update he will now almost surely bleed to death when he logs back in and goes unconscious, so he won't get his great loot either! :)

No. All it goes to show is someone abusing the game mechanics. If rocket really had an issue with people combat logging they would have at least tried to fix it right now. It's still alpha, and I couldn't tell you how many times i've been fired at by snipers on the hill in electro, only to sneak up on one, put a round in their leg and they log off. Until there's some sort of delay or penalty for combat logging, it will continue to happen. Not like a give 2 flying fuxx about it at the moment, but it is irritating when someone opens fire on you first, then does that to avoid being killed =\

Guest cRy

I remember my first encounter with an Alt-F4 kiddie, too!

A dude AltF4'd in combat

This is so new and exciting it needs a new thread!!

• Like 1

Well, if you have time to waste and gear, set up a camp around where the person logged. I mean, campfire, tents, fences, the whole shebang. Then just roast weenies on the fire until said logger comes back and cap in the leg, then bloodbag and repeat. If OP feels the butthurt, then he should have no issues with this.

I was shoot at today, in the back. Some guy shoot 5-6 times at me, only hit me once. I logged. Why? Because I don't want to give up the best gear to someone who can't hit me more than once at 50 meters.

Wouldn't happened to have been on gb 200, would it?

Edited by Creambomb

A dude AltF4'd in combat

This is so new and exciting it needs a new thread!!

First time it has happened to me, so don't be a dick.

Don't have anything good to post, don't post it.

¯\(°_o)/¯

Well, if you have time to waste and gear, set up a camp around where the person logged. I mean, campfire, tents, fences, the whole shebang. Then just roast weenies on the fire until said logger comes back and cap in the leg, then bloodbag and repeat. If OP feels the butthurt, then he should have no issues with this.

There was a chopper circling the area. I think they were friends, would make sense.

I was shoot at today, in the back. Some guy shoot 5-6 times at me, only hit me once. I logged. Why? Because I don't want to give up the best gear to someone who can't hit me more than once at 50 meters.

You are a horrible person. I hope nobody ever gives you their beans and you starve to death from lack of beans/attention.

Edited by manglips
  • Like 1

But you failed to dodge the bullets and you also failed to get behind a cover. It was your fault, and he deserved your loot.

Edited by Nikki
  • Like 1

No. All it goes to show is someone abusing the game mechanics. If rocket really had an issue with people combat logging they would have at least tried to fix it right now. It's still alpha, and I couldn't tell you how many times i've been fired at by snipers on the hill in electro, only to sneak up on one, put a round in their leg and they log off. Until there's some sort of delay or penalty for combat logging, it will continue to happen. Not like a give 2 flying fuxx about it at the moment, but it is irritating when someone opens fire on you first, then does that to avoid being killed =\

I believe that it is too early to remove the ability to Alt+F4/disconnect and to do so would cause much more fury than the current setup. Case in point: I've been alive for a few days with pretty good gear, and yesterday I was running through a field when I suddenly got the all-too-familiar "Thunderdome" words popping up on my screen. Needless to say disconnecting most likely saved my life. If I was unable to do so then it would have been a wasted life unless I out-deathmatched every other person on the server. I think that Rocket made a great adjustment by adding the feature of logging in and going immediately unconscious if you previously logged out while in shock. As a result, the reward for disconnecting after getting shot is virtually eliminated.... unless you are such a troll that you consider it a reward to simply prevent your killer from gaining your loot when you inevitably bleed to death. At this point if you get shot you are much better off just trying to fight your way out of it rather than logging out and accepting near certain death just to stop someone else from getting your loot.

Thoughts?

Edited by manglips