Sign in to follow this  
bananazorz

Location and equipment reset on disconnect

Date/Time: 24.5.2012 from about 13 GMT+3 to 17 GMT+3

What happened: Location and equipment reset multiple times

Where you were: In the forests near Khelm and Berezino, Berezino, Khelm

What you were doing: Searching for loot in the towns and avoiding zombies

*Current installed version: 1.5.8.4

*Server(s) you were on: SE4, SE8 with the early tests, later on tried pretty much all European servers and some East Coast servers from US

*Your system specs:

*Timeline of events before/after error:

A friend of mine and I were attacking Berezino hoping to get some precious loot. The first time we thought the server could possibly be bugged since there was only about 30 zombies and almost to none loot. We re-connected and noticed we had moved back to our original spots (where we started at 1pm). We decided to try again since we were almost certain it was something with the server (30 zombies is pretty suspicious). We connected to another server and did the same thing again where we went to Berezino and looted almost all the houses in sight. After this we left the city to go back in the woods for cover and decided to try disconnect and join to see if it worked. This time it didn't work either so we started randomly connecting to servers to see if they would work or not. All the servers we tried (which was almost all the servers) had the same issue, and in some servers we couldn't even move or in worst case had a completely random spawn point.

If there is something that has happened today which results today's progress to be lost I'm fine, but hopefully the damage isn't that big and I can at least continue from the point I was in yesterday.

This happened to myself and my friends. We were on US12, then a few in-between servers seeking a good one, then NY9.

First, we logged in around 8PM PDT last night on the same server we'd been playing on. 3 of us were unable to move at all. Relogging, settings checks, nothing seemed to fix it. I was the only one able to move, so I drank my water and we went looking for another server.

As we looked for another server where we were able to move I noticed the water I had drunk had not been stored on the previous server. My water bottle still had water in it and my hydration was at 0. This happened 3 times while seeking a new server.

Finally, we found one where people could move, but now my water bottle was empty and my hydration at 0. One of my friends gave me a soda and we began scavenging.

We raided a supermarket and got some serious upgrades and then my game crashed. When I logged back in, it had returned me to the place that we logged in at and all of my scavenged gear was gone. I returned to my party and we scavenged what we could off of my lag-ghost. We stopped short of killing my lag ghost to try to loot the Czech backpack I had scavenged in the supermarket - because there were a dozen or so zombies nearby and we were low on ammo now that it had all been lost.

Then another friend crashed and lost all of his gear and a lot of the gear he scavenged off my lag ghost.

After that, we called it a night.

You're not alone.

Logged off this morning at 10am several km northwest of the large NW airfield. Stayed offline for one hour, then logged back in. Spawned on the coast, bleeding, shaking from pain, starving, and dying of thirst with all of my gear still on me. I logged off after hiding in a tree and bandaging. Needless to say if I lose my m4a3 ccd and full load out of gear that I've been building up for 4 days without dying, I'm going to be pissed. Can characters get rolled back at all? My only alternative is to die, lose all my stats and go find my body for my gear, but with the disappearing body glitch in 1.5.8.4 I am stuck not playing until one of these things is fixed.

This all happened on Seattle, I haven't joined a different server in over a week.

Same thing happened to me:

Date/Time: Logged out around 10:00PM PST 5/24/2012 - Logged back on the next morning to find location reset.

What happened: Location reset to the beach starting area (not equipment)

Where you were: In the forests near Khelm and Berezino, Berezino, Khelm

What you were doing: Camped, logged out.

*Current installed version: 1.5.8.4

*Server(s) you were on: Seattle Anti-Sardine, Dallas 16

*Your system specs: N/A

Confirmed for SE4. Showed up in debug forest a few times and continually reset to coast.

In any of these other cases, did you guys loot a lag-ghost? Someone who had disconnected, or perhaps appeared to just be "standing there", as in our case?

We came across someone just standing in a barn and looted some items off of him. I'm wondering if there might be some protection mechanism to prevent item duplication (which could be exploited through lag ghosts) that caused this.

No lag ghosts involved in my case, I see players and give them a wide berth even if they're just standing still. On another note, my tent which was full of items yesterday, 4 backpacks full of stuff in it etc. was empty today. It would have taken a group of 5 people to clean it out, and there was a lot of stuff that someone wouldn't want to take, like 6 stacks of flares. I guess this is yet another 1.5.8.4 bug.