Sign in to follow this  
tweenprincess

FOOD!?

I am loving this mod, despite its alpha status, taking each play session at its face value. I have had some multi hour horrible sessions, but the few good runs ive had have more than made up for it. The one thing that is really pissing me off, is the lack of food! In my week of playing, i have yet to find a single food item. Residential housing seems to be the hardest to find buildings that you can salvage, and the few ive found have been packed to the brim with chem lights and empty cans. Now I respect the dificulty of surviving this game, but I feel that the food issue defies the realism intended with this mod.

--One thought I have had to rectify this, would be to make the hunger / thirst mechanic fall more in line with the 24 hour day / night cycle. It seems that I need to eat every 3-4 hours or begin losing blood. This does not make much sense in a real life simulation, when a human can go far longer before death. Also, the animals could be a great source of food, but they are as rare as the food loots. Foragable food items would also help a ton, and would add depth to the vast empty wilderness in the game. I would love to see some characters in the woods trying to live peacefully gathering foods and hunting. Also, you could add a survival element to the berries, or what not, by adding some that are poisonous, making people learn which berries would good to eat and which are not.

honestly i find it kinda cool to find no food. To me it makes the game feel more realistic like everyone has already grabbed it so whatever you find you have to save it. To me its kinda cool like i said before

. Also, you could add a survival element to the berries, or what not, by adding some that are poisonous, making people learn which berries would good to eat and which are not.

Actually I have no Problem with food. I find plenty on an evening. I do not know which area you are playing in, but once you move out of chern/electro area there are a lot of positions to gather food.

But I really like the idea about the berries. That would be awesome. 4 different berries, different in effect. One poisonous.

You've played a week and haven't found a single food item? Really?

the game feels like: zombieoutbreak, people fleeing, taking their supplies, rushing out of town. and the people took all their food. this scenario is even more realistic, that in cherno and elektro are so few zombies (compared to the factories and the houses).

the animals are perfectly common enough. just be sure to take 2-3 flesh with you, and 2 waterbottles. you will be fine..:)