the amazing flight lizard

My silly ass opinions on what we should expect from Day Z

I realize a lot of these things may have been suggested, but I don't know that they were suggested TOGETHER and in the same way. Besides that, I didn't want to necropost.

Alright, so here I am, thinking the Z in Day Z was a reference to Zombies. Anybody remember those guys? The reason most of us started wanting to play the game to begin with?

Well, they're kinda sad.

The title I think the game should really have: Day AG

For Asshole Griefer.

Because really, that's the only guy anyone actually has any anxiety about in the game.

So here's my few ideas for the zombies themselves. 

Make them slower. When they are sprinting, they can move as fast as a limping jog.  Yes. Slower. I know, I know, it would make killing them too easy, but hear me out, I'm not done yet.

Make them spawn differently, and in larger numbers.

Why are they just limited to the cities? They should be all over. Chernarus has a lot of rural, farming areas. A lot of deer stands suggests there was a lot of hunters out running around , back before they joined the shambling horde. Yes, there would be a lot more of them in the cities, but there should be NO safe areas that you didn't just go through and clear yourself.

Make them spawn in hordes of varying sizes. Oh sure, every now and then, you'll find an easily killed straggler, good for you. Most of the time though, they clump together.

Here's the fun one. Locational damage, kinda. 

You shoot that zombie in front of you in the leg with a large enough blast, or a good burst from a machine gun and he'll go down... but he won't die.

And unloading on them in the torso is great. If he was alive.

He has no vital organs anymore, so really, the zombie could not possibly care less. No the only way to kill them is the traditional method. Destroy the brain.

So suddenly those zombies you can easily take out aren't so easy to kill anymore. Yes, they move slower, but they are relentless. You get a couple headshots off, but the rest will continue bearing in on you. You take the corner, trying to lose line of sight, but the other horde that you didn't see approaching, that was attracted to all the commotion is now after you as well, and they are right there.

B...b...but  just wanted to rape some n00bs! 

Trapped between the two zombie groups, you do the only honorable thing your bandit ass has ever done. 

You wait til they get closer, and you drop the grenade...

Now in the above situation, if you managed to break away, again, good for you, but they will continue generally heading in that direction a while until something or somebody else gets their attention.

Yeah, you could be a prick. You could lead them in the direction of the beach, but they aren't pets, and they may just go after something else in the meantime, or there may be another horde somewhere in front of you, just over that hill.

The point is, yes, you truly can kill other players. But I think the solution to a lot of that is really, making the zombies a LOT more of a threat than they are now. There could be another fun way of doing that too...

That random straggler zombie? The one that keeps following you? The one that seems a little too smart for AI?

It's cause he's not. He's another player. 

He came in to a random zombie spawn, no closer than the zombies already spawn now. He didn't moan as much though, and those super cool thermal sights you have don't work on him. He can, however moan and attract other zombies to the area right at the least opportune moments for you. And while you focus on your headshots for the rest of the horde, he's shambling up behind you ready to snack on your oh so tasty spleen.

Maybe after you've shared a piece of yourself with the zombie, you can join his merry band, and go find your bandit buddies, or the group of survivors you were preparing to raid. 

Or you can click to die, then come back as a normal regular ass human.

You can keep your bandit ideals. That's fine. I don't have a solution for everything. Maybe those "care bears" stop whining about you picking on them, maybe not.

I just want to get the game back to what really drew us in to begin with. 

The muthafuckin zombie apocalypse, man!

This message brought to you from thousands of miles away, in the mountains of Mahallahe Tanke Tele Shindand, Herat, Afghanistan.

• Like 3

-Reduce Zombie speed

-Fix zombie pathing/Zig Zagging

And for the love of God, fix Broken legs!

Edited by TSAndrey

There are a lot of really major changed suggested in this post. Many zombies, player controlled zombies, slow zombies. Suggestions about zombie behavior, and many different and specific suggestions about various zombie attributes.

I mean no disrespect to you, but I think your post would've been better off left at "make zombies harder", or perhaps "Make zombies a bigger part of the game". I'm not saying that your ideas are bad... who knows, any one of them could be really great for a zombie game like this one. They're not bad ideas; they are bad suggestions. Please read the "read this first" on the suggestions forum to understand what I mean by this. I'm not saying bad things about you, I'm saying bad things about how you've presented your perfectly good ideas.

I realize a lot of these things may have been suggested, but I don't know that they were suggested TOGETHER and in the same way. Besides that, I didn't want to necropost.

Alright, so here I am, thinking the Z in Day Z was a reference to Zombies. Anybody remember those guys? The reason most of us started wanting to play the game to begin with?

Well, they're kinda sad.

The title I think the game should really have: Day AG

For Asshole Griefer.

Because really, that's the only guy anyone actually has any anxiety about in the game.

So here's my few ideas for the zombies themselves.

Make them slower. When they are sprinting, they can move as fast as a limping jog. Yes. Slower. I know, I know, it would make killing them too easy, but hear me out, I'm not done yet.

Make them spawn differently, and in larger numbers.

Why are they just limited to the cities? They should be all over. Chernarus has a lot of rural, farming areas. A lot of deer stands suggests there was a lot of hunters out running around , back before they joined the shambling horde. Yes, there would be a lot more of them in the cities, but there should be NO safe areas that you didn't just go through and clear yourself.

Make them spawn in hordes of varying sizes. Oh sure, every now and then, you'll find an easily killed straggler, good for you. Most of the time though, they clump together.

Here's the fun one. Locational damage, kinda.

You shoot that zombie in front of you in the leg with a large enough blast, or a good burst from a machine gun and he'll go down... but he won't die.

And unloading on them in the torso is great. If he was alive.

He has no vital organs anymore, so really, the zombie could not possibly care less. No the only way to kill them is the traditional method. Destroy the brain.

So suddenly those zombies you can easily take out aren't so easy to kill anymore. Yes, they move slower, but they are relentless. You get a couple headshots off, but the rest will continue bearing in on you. You take the corner, trying to lose line of sight, but the other horde that you didn't see approaching, that was attracted to all the commotion is now after you as well, and they are right there.

B...b...but just wanted to rape some n00bs!

Trapped between the two zombie groups, you do the only honorable thing your bandit ass has ever done.

You wait til they get closer, and you drop the grenade...

Now in the above situation, if you managed to break away, again, good for you, but they will continue generally heading in that direction a while until something or somebody else gets their attention.

Yeah, you could be a prick. You could lead them in the direction of the beach, but they aren't pets, and they may just go after something else in the meantime, or there may be another horde somewhere in front of you, just over that hill.

The point is, yes, you truly can kill other players. But I think the solution to a lot of that is really, making the zombies a LOT more of a threat than they are now. There could be another fun way of doing that too...

That random straggler zombie? The one that keeps following you? The one that seems a little too smart for AI?

It's cause he's not. He's another player.

He came in to a random zombie spawn, no closer than the zombies already spawn now. He didn't moan as much though, and those super cool thermal sights you have don't work on him. He can, however moan and attract other zombies to the area right at the least opportune moments for you. And while you focus on your headshots for the rest of the horde, he's shambling up behind you ready to snack on your oh so tasty spleen.

Maybe after you've shared a piece of yourself with the zombie, you can join his merry band, and go find your bandit buddies, or the group of survivors you were preparing to raid.

Or you can click to die, then come back as a normal regular ass human.

You can keep your bandit ideals. That's fine. I don't have a solution for everything. Maybe those "care bears" stop whining about you picking on them, maybe not.

I just want to get the game back to what really drew us in to begin with.

The muthafuckin zombie apocalypse, man!

This message brought to you from thousands of miles away, in the mountains of Mahallahe Tanke Tele Shindand, Herat, Afghanistan.

Yes, I like this idea.

Slow the zombies down and make headshots the only way to kill them.

I agree with some of your points:

>Zombies speed

>Zombies damage effects. If we hit them in the legs they should have the same reaction as we do when we have a broken leg

>HS = Kill

But I don't think the servers could handle that much of zombies in the whole map and spawned at the same time

You may be right, but I'm thinking a horde size around 10 or so. The same way the game can handle squads.

Maybe just that is too much, I dunno.

I just don't like that we've gotten distracted by killing each other because the zombies themselves are a bit silly as it is. I was watching a video, seeing the zombies crowd around a building, and wondering how the video got screwed up because the audio was going at a normal speed, but the video had to be moving fast forward, because the zombies were moving way too fast.

Nope, that's just how it is.

But still, nobody is scared. Is this the zombie apocalypse everyone has in mind when they think of it? Mostly us all just turning on each other, with the zombies being an afterthought?

Arma is a simulator.

Day Z kinda is too. I don't doubt there would be a lot of fending for yourself going on, but what we have now would be pretty much psychopathic.

They are dead people, that have come back to life with the sole purpose of trying to eat us. Isn't that scary? Just a little? Maybe?

You're right. I wanted to play because it was a zombie game where we have to scavange to survive, not just shooting them... When I first played I was so carefull... I was affraid to move some grass, but after few games I noticed that they are not very frightening... Sometimes I crawl/crouch next to them and they don't react... Maybe a proximity sensor would be nice also

I love the ideas, I would rather kills the zombies and have the humans unite against a threat.

Why does everyone just sit and kill newer players?

I've suggested a non PVP servers for those who want to kill zombies and not each other.

Zombies aren't dead.

Just for the record, y'know? They're infected humans. So..they have vital organs.

I think raising their health to as much as a regular human (us players) would be a decent suggestion, but slowing them down, even with requiring headshots, always struck me as silly.