Sign in to follow this  
NinjaDKDavid

Need help installing DayZ

Hello everyone, I just recently built a gaming PC and I've been a Mac user for my whole life (inb4lolmac) but yes, please bare with my lack of PC knowledge.

We already have Six Launcer/Updater downloaded.

So my friend gave me his old Steam account and it had "ARMA 2" on it already but then we bought Operation Arrowhead. We were wondering if it was possible to install the CD-ROM then use the Steam CD key to activate the game? Since the download time is ridiculous with my broadband.

Also do we need to have both ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead downloaded or just Arrowhead? We tried running it and it said, '' Addon 'dayz_amin' requires addon 'CA_PMC' '' Then it kicked us out of the game.

Can someone please help me? Hope someone can, and thank you in advance. Thank you for bearing my PC noobness.

-David

I'm afraid you do need operation arrowhead to run DayZ as far as I know. That's all I can tell you

I do have Operation Arrowhead downloaded, but I was wondering if I also needed the original ARMA 2 to run DayZ.

I do have Operation Arrowhead downloaded, but I was wondering if I also needed the original ARMA 2 to run DayZ.

Yes since the dayz map is the original from Arma 2.....

yes you need combined operations, which is the paid version of arma II and operation arrowhead.

Ah ok. So I am assuming Arma 2: Free will not suffice? I'll download the paid version of Arma 2 just to be safe.

Thanks everyone for the input! I'll update if there is further assistance required.