Sign in to follow this  
Tree (DayZ)

1.7.2.4: The Patch that broke my game

Hey There!

I've updated to 1.7.2.4 and immediately, I had some problems with my game. Artifacting was everywhere, particularly heavily in towns. It would always pop up when looking in certain areas, and if I looked away, it was gone, if I looked back, there it was.

This would be fine for the most part, but this was also accompanied by lag. Not the typical chugging along lag. No, the game ran fine about 75% of the time. However, every 10-20 seconds, my game would lock-up for a few seconds.

And then the black screens. Sometimes, the game's graphics would just completely get out of control. Arma2's screen would just go black, and I'd have to use Shift + Numpad -, whilst typing flush to restore the screen back to normal.

The game has been also frequently crashing my graphics drivers after the latest patch (A little windows bubble pops up saying "nVidia Driver 300.5.24 has recovered from (blah blah)"

or something akin to that. I can't remember off the top of my head.

I have updated my graphics drivers. All other games appear to work fine. This did not happen before the patch. I even took the drastic measure of completely reinstalling everything from scratch. I installed Arma 2 and OA, launched them both, launched combine ops (after updating to 95417) and then I installed DayZ and updated to 1.7.2.4

For the first 10 minutes or so, the game worked fairly well. I managed to get rid of the artifacting by modifying a few settings. However, it shortly came back along with the lock-ups.

As it is now, the game is completely unplayable for me. Here is my relevant computer information.

http://speccy.pirifo...ZFYdR05FNGYfZz5

Thanks

Edit: By updated, I don't mean I just updated to 1.7.2.4. I've been struggling with these issues for over a week now, which is why I mention that I've already tried a variety of fixes, including

re-installing the game.

Edited by Tree
  • Like 1

You do understand that a new patch is coming tommorow?

Ah. I guess I'll have to see if that fixes my issues. I just noticed the pending patch notes, and unfortunately, stuttering/lag issues aren't mentioned there, but hopefully they are related

to the artifacting I'm getting. The game's still been unplayable for me ever since this patch came out, so it's just frustrating.

Hey There!

I've updated to 1.7.2.4 and immediately, I had some problems with my game. Artifacting was everywhere, particularly heavily in towns. It would always pop up when looking in certain areas, and if I looked away, it was gone, if I looked back, there it was.

A known bug caused by military corpses. For most players i helps setting the graphic memory in the games settings to "default"

It helped for me.

• Like 1

A known bug caused by military corpses. For most players i helps setting the graphic memory in the games settings to "default"

It helped for me.

Ah. I had heard that changing the graphics memory helped, but I tried everything from normal to very high. I'll give default a try. Thanks for the tip!

People are so Butthurt over this.. It's a Public alpha test. issue found, and will be fixed in the next patch.

People are so Butthurt over this.. It's a Public alpha test. issue found, and will be fixed in the next patch.

Yeah, I'm real butthurt, when all I did was explain my problem and provide my relevant information.

With your logic, a bug would never get reported and then the game would be broken forever. :/ Also, yes, it's a public alpha, but it's gonna be a slight nuisance if the game is unplayable.