Delta Smoke 01

DayZ DEVS DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS NOW!!!

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/55260-who-still-uses-homophobic-slander-these-days/

Just flicking through the forums as you do, then this comes up. Why the fuck are people like this getting away with what they are saying on the forums? Is their no moderation at all ? I got warned for saying in response to a guy that was attacking me for no reason "id just come round and put my boot through your door". This is much worse. This is SERIOUS abuse at its worst. Nothing in that thread even remotely concerns me. Yet it infuriates me that dayz forum moderators simply turn a blind eye to people maliciously attacking others in posts. I was playing with my squad earlier in the week and ended up being kicked by battleeye for saying "oh shit" and "fuck their behind us" in direct chat to MY OWN BEST FRIENDS ON A GAME RATED MATURE! ANYONE posting this kind of an attack on another forum user should be permanently banned from the forums. There is no place in society for this in society any more. Perhaps he should not have posted this thread but tbh i dont blame him. This community is an absolute disgrace and i am ashamed to be a part of it. If nothing is done by the forum moderators to combat this then they are no better than the culprits themselves.

• Like 5

The majority of posts below mine will be mocking you.

EDIT: But NightRipper has a point. Message the moderators if you want something done. The DayZ devs need to work on DayZ, not the boards.

Edited by Zexis

It's because you should have said "fuck they're behind us". Hopefully you won't get kicked now.

The mod is actually unrated but it's based on a mature game.

To answer seriously though; it is ridiculous what goes on unchecked, perhaps there just needs to be more mods, but definitely greater enforcement.

• Like 3

People also need to grow up. Being offended by the faceless masses on the internet is kind of pathetic.

• Like 6

People also need to grow up. Being offended by the faceless masses on the internet is kind of pathetic.

Cobra Commander with a public service announcement.

• Like 1

Mods don't give half a sh** about anything in here.

It's just like I'm in /v/.

We even have the greentext!

Mods don't give half a sh** about anything in here.

It's just like I'm in /v/.

We even have the greentext!

I rarely go to 4chan and even I get the same vibe.

The above mentioned words and phrases are unacceptable in any community. Its not just a few here and there its every single post. Its not just people saying "this is gay". I would deem that not to be offensive, its the cruder and more insulting, and even degrading to some people, phrases that im talking about. If someone said something like that in the street to my friend who is a homosexual, i would literally knock their teeth down their throat without a moments hesitation. I am no angel by any means, but i know the difference between a light hearted comment and an all out verbal assault, and this is the latter.

Edited by Delta Smoke 01

The above mentioned words and phrases are unacceptable in any community. Its not just a few here and there its every single post. Its not just people saying "this is gay". I would deem that not to be offensive, its the cruder and more insulting, and even degrading to some people, phrases that im talking about. If someone said something like that in the street to my friend who is a homosexual, i would literally knock their teeth down their throat without a moments hesitation. I am no angel by any means, but i know the difference between a light hearted comment and an all out verbal assault, and this is the latter.

I report anyone I see fit. It may not solve the situation but I know at least I'm making the mods work and doing my job. :P

• Like 1

last i checked

being a homo was a choice

it has NOT been proven to be a genetic disorder

so yeah

it is still a valid insult

Scientific illiteracy at its finest worst.

Edit: Above quote is, ironically enough, from a now deleted topic (the one OP here linked to).

Sexuality is determined by genes first and foremost and it is not a disorder. It's a biological preference.

Only in a primitive society where biological evolution via reproduction is crucial to the survival and prosperity of a species does sexual preference matter in the sense that homosexuality would be considered a counter-productive trait. It matters fucking nil in this day and age in human society where biological reproduction is abundant and even detrimental to our progress.

As for forum moderation; while there are times when things go out of hand (such as posts with graphic or excessively repulsive content), I find it a good thing that moderation (what I'm really talking about is censorship) is kept at a minimum.

People have no right to not be offended, only the right to not be abused.

I also want to point out that definitions and contextual use of words are constantly changing. "Gay" used to mean happy, now it's used for both describing homosexuality as well as a substitute for "lame" in all kinds of contexts. Unless words are clearly used in a way that is meant to offend, there is no need to be offended by it.

I have ADD ("on top" of Asperger's) - do you even realize how ofter "ADD" is used as a synonym to "overstimulated" and "immature kiddo with the attention span of a toddler"? I don't care, because they aren't really referring to the neurological deficit I suffer from.

Edited by Athrins
  • Like 3

No one ever answered me in the last thread, or at least I didn't see it before it was deleted. Does it count as loving another man if he is 2D and dressed as a girl?

Scientific illiteracy at it's finest worst.

Edit: Above quote is, ironically enough, from a now deleted topic (the one OP here linked to).

Sexuality is determined by genes first and foremost and it is not a disorder. It's a biological preference.

Only in a primitive society where biological evolution via reproduction is crucial to the survival and prosperity of a species does sexual preference matter in the sense that homosexuality would be considered a counter-productive trait. It matters fucking nil in this day and age in human society where biological reproduction is abundant and even detrimental to our progress.

As for forum moderation; while there are times when things go out of hand (such as posts with graphic or excessively repulsive content), I find it a good thing that moderation (what I'm really talking about is censorship) is kept at a minimum.

I also want to point out that definitions and contextual use of words are constantly changing. "Gay" used to mean happy, now it's used for both describing homosexuality as well as a substitute for "lame" in all kinds of contexts. Unless words are clearly used in a way that is meant to offend, there is no need to be offended by it.

I have ADD ("on top" of Asperger's) - do you even realize how ofter "ADD" is used as a synonym to "overstimulated" and "immature kiddo with the attention span of a toddler"? I don't care, because they aren't really referring to the neurological deficit I suffer from.

Wait, what is this? A mature outlook on the matter? I never thought i'd see the day.

Yet again, a "devs please do this, please fix that, mods please do this, please fix that, cry cry cry" thread.. to add to those 1 million others already spamming the forum.

Scientific illiteracy at it's finest worst.

I agree with everything you've said, except your opinion on forum moderation. If there are rules in place then they should be enforced and that is what I believe amongst other things is what is upsetting the OP.

Fuck, you quoted me before I could edit my fail in the first sentence. *facepalm*. It's quite comical, though. :P

I was the OP to the original linked Topic.

I was asking a question directed to the community for serious discussion (with argument and debate welcome), completely aware that I would be receiving some degree of flaming for it. That was to be expected with the subject matter.

What I ended up reading was a string of insulting, threatening, and completely inappropriate responses that look like it was torn from the dregs of 4Chan.

What started as a community discussion and awareness post ended up being an unexpected litmus test to the abrasiveness of this community. And to be quite honest, the mods should see this as a striking and important cross-section of the content of thiese forums in general.