Rimbalo/portablebus

How did YOU find out about the Day Z mod?

I was just interested in how other people found out about this mod!

I have searched the forums and I didn't find any other posts regarding this question, for all the ragers out there.

I actually found out about it by accidentally clicking on an ARMA - DayZ video and didn't realise, as I was about to close the window, the commentator/player mentioned 'zombie' and 'survive' as I watched him flick in and out of first and third person. Attention and love instantly grabbed. :)

as the show rolled on... I was purchasing ARMA off Steam.. And loving the other parts of the game too! :)

Article in World of Tanks livejournal community which I read from time to time. Gee, I could miss the whole thing! :)

Google, after searching for zombie modifications for shooters. A week later it was featured on Kotaku.

the growing number of dayz games in the server browser sparked my curiosity

Loaded up Arma to play on the 7th Cav Tactical Realism server, saw 5 (yes ONLY 5) DayZ servers and thought Id check out the new mod.

Played before waiting for server response was an issue, PK's rarely happened and this was a ZOMBIE survival mod. You know, the good ol' days.

Someone posted it on a forums for SAMP that i use to play, he linked this video and transferred money to my paypal a bit later

A clan member who plays ARMA 2 tried it and told me about it. I literally bought ARMA 2 based on his experience of the mod.

Another Rock, Paper, Shotgun reader here. Yeah, their DayZ writeups are great. It's the best PC Gaming website out there.

Browsing Twitch.tv, usually watching SC2 matches I saw a few streams for ARMA 2. Now here I am, having bought the ARMA X Anniversary Edition for $60 off Steam (when I already had a boxed copy of the original ARMA 2 laying around, unopened.) They were playing the Dayz mod, wasn't sure what Dayz was at first and it looked boring, but then I looked it up and it all became clear that this looked awesome and I must try it!