susscon

Drag/Carry injured survivors

We all been there...

take a right hook off a crazed zombie then u drop to the floor with a broken leg and have miles to go to a hospital if you aint already got morphine.

but if your with friends they could at least drag you to safety or carry you to higher ground where you could wait for them to go on a rescue mission.

in the ARMA missions i know if you survive a hit u can drag your wounded to cover to start giving medical attention, i think this option should be left in dayz, it wont really make things easier for the player with broken bones, just give them a bit more odds of survival if a friend could at least hide them until they get back.

i have not suffered too many broken bones in game.

but me and a friend were looting in Cherno and out of the blue a game bug decided to break my leg in the middle of the town with not much cover around and then we got attacked by zombies,

my loyal buddy fought off as many as he could, then done what everyone else would do... LEGGED IT!

there was one building close i could have stayed in until he returned with morphine, but i could not crawl up the stairs, if he could have picked me up, carried me to the top and left me in a room, id have been a lot safer.

Anyways,

i think the drag/carry option should be left in DayZ after that experience lol.

What do you guys think????yn0e2.jpg

• Like 3

It would be a nice addition yes. I think it was in at one point, but the animation was glitchy as hell.

It would be a nice addition yes. I think it was in at one point, but the animation was glitchy as hell.

Yeah, i think you would run with the player just laying infront of you instead of being on your shoulders.

maybe the option is already being worked on then for the next patch... fingers crossed.

Yeah, i think you would run with the player just laying infront of you instead of being on your shoulders.

No, it looked like the guys was sitting down, his legs towards the player dragging him, instead the opposite way around.

On the regular game you drag the player normally how you would in a real life situation, or you can throw them over your shoulder and carry them quicker.

I drag people all the time... if it was taken out, I wasn't aware of it, but I'm pretty sure its there. Theres nothing like dragging the passed out bandit that tried to kill you and placing his body in town and getting zombies on him. Haha

• Like 1

you mean like this?

or for the comedy this>?

was on a tractor last night that decided to desync and explode with me in it, my two buddies rushed to my aid while laughing hysterically to banadage me up, give me a blood bag then drag me around the woods for a laugh while i was still unconcious

No, it looked like the guys was sitting down, his legs towards the player dragging him, instead the opposite way around.

On the regular game you drag the player normally how you would in a real life situation, or you can throw them over your shoulder and carry them quicker.

Oh...still, it wasnt quite right xD

in the regular game u have the option to drag, or carry them, its one of the first things they train you in bootcamp.

it just makes sense to me that if u need others to treat you with a blood transfusion or an epi-stab to revive you, the option should be put back in to at least carry you to a safe place to administer it.

LOL @ the vids hahahah!!!

I've hoped for this quite a while now, I once killed a guy and zombies were all around so I tried to carry him away but I couldn't find the option so I died by the zombies because I was trying to much..

I've hoped for this quite a while now, I once killed a guy and zombies were all around so I tried to carry him away but I couldn't find the option so I died by the zombies because I was trying to much..

Well, you can't carry dead people. Only unconscious or critically wounded players can be dragged/carried.

Well, you can't carry dead people. Only unconscious or critically wounded players can be dragged/carried.

cool, lets just hope they sort the animation out them because thats kinda dumb if it is how it is in the vids posted lol.

can you actually carry players upstairs then? im sure if the animation is like it is in the vids then it would probably cause death by bug if the wounded is not actually on your shoulders,

and if u actually run with the player in front of you i think i would prefer it if they did take it out at least untill they can do the proper animation when u cant run just walk slow carrying them

cool, lets just hope they sort the animation out them because thats kinda dumb if it is how it is in the vids posted lol.

can you actually carry players upstairs then? im sure if the animation is like it is in the vids then it would probably cause death by bug if the wounded is not actually on your shoulders,

works the same as crouch walking up stairs backwards if your doing it right and they just kinda hover

otherwise they just clip right through objects without a problem kinda like a ghetto wall hack, my friend kept sticking me through a tree last night so im told, all i know is screen got darker and stars vanished while they both laughed thier asses off

and if u actually run with the player in front of you i think i would prefer it if they did take it out at least untill they can do the proper animation when u cant run just walk slow carrying them
but but then how do we kidnap people and have some lulz?

Edited by stuffnthings
  • Like 1