Sign in to follow this  
kritikalhit

Would this run dayz?

I am actually tech savy :) I'm now thinking of building a gaming PC for 400 dollars with a Intel Core i3 2120 Processor and

Sapphire 11201-00-20G Radeon HD 7770 GHZ 1GB DDR5 graphics card :)

Thats good. If you need help choosing parts, the links I provided can help you build your own PC on their websites and it will tell you if everything wouid work together. From there you can buy your parts from http://newegg.com, http://tigerdirect.com or any other PC parts site. GL

Edited by Addsome
  • Like 1

The option to build your own is a much SMARTER rout to travel... youll pay $500+ for a built pc that you could build yourself for prolly $320... if you building it to play arma II in particular.. this game is very heavy CPU dependent, and not so much graphic dependent. If you can afford a i5 2600k it would be the best place to start. Its easy to upgrade RAM, HD, ect. but your CPU is very important. The Radaeon 7k series is a great card, personally i have the HD 7970 and love it, easliy runs DayZ on ultra high at 100fps.

Edited by BlazeN'Chronic
  • Like 1

The option to build your own is a much SMARTER rout to travel... youll pay $500+ for a built pc that you could build yourself for prolly $320... if you building it to play arma II in particular.. this game is very heavy CPU dependent, and not so much graphic dependent. If you can afford a i5 2600k it would be the best place to start. Its easy to upgrade RAM, HD, ect. but your CPU is very important. The Radaeon 7k series is a great card, personally i have the HD 7970 and love it, easliy runs DayZ on ultra high at 100fps.

Could I still use an i3?

Could I still use an i3?

definitly could, but with lower performance

u gotta know that i3 mostly (or all of them, not sure) are 2 cores.

i5 are the today's optimal gaming CPU with 4 cores

Edited by h3retic
  • Like 1

definitly could, but with lower performance

BTW, are there any configs that could make DayZ playable on a NVIDIA ION 2 Graphics card, 6GB DDR3 RAM, and a Intel Atom D525 1.84Ghz Dual core Processor?

BTW, are there any configs that could make DayZ playable on a NVIDIA ION 2 Graphics card, 6GB DDR3 RAM, and a Intel Atom D525 1.84Ghz Dual core Processor?

yes there is quite a few ways to optimize dayz performance, however im not sure about that system precisely

number 1 tip task manager - high priority to arma2oa.exe (gave me 10 fps boost)

Edited by h3retic

Another thing you can do is allocate a good chunk of system CASHE to run programs, or just buy a SSD ;) you can find this in system settings, another tip to boost fps is turn off post prossessing effects, ppaa, hdr, anti-anilizing, ect.

Another thing you can do is allocate a good chunk of system CASHE to run programs, or just buy a SSD ;) you can find this in system settings, another tip to boost fps is turn off post prossessing effects, ppaa, hdr, anti-anilizing, ect.

thats right

arma 2, in addition to being very CPu intensive, also asks alot of ur harddrive.

there is a very efficient way to run DayZ mod files of a Ramdisk (normal drive has speeds of around 50mb/s, while a ramdisk can reach up to 4000mb/s depending on ram speed)

and the good thing is that u only need to convert 400 mb of RAM into disk space (dayz mod folder is about 250 mb, +/- a bit of working space = 400 mb)

Edited by h3retic

Thanks for all your advice! Here are the parts my gaming PC will be made up of:

Intel Core i3-2120 CPU

Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 Motherboard

Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 Graphics Card

PNY Optima 4GB RAM

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB Hard Drive

Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500W Power Supply

Antec Three Hundred Case

Sony DVD Burner

Molex Adapter

Windows 8 RC (Will later purchase Windows)

Found this on youtube with a tutorial :)

I've never seen a 6530D, but it doesn't sound good man. Go to http://reddit.com/r/buildapc and tell them your budget and what you want to do with the computer and I'm sure they will help you out.

EDIT: Oh, didn't see your last post. That looks nice man, gz to the new computer!

Edited by Mogashi

thats pretty good there, im surprised it s only 500 $ lawl although its an i3...

For the record my GPU is a HD6850 and that runs BF3 at 50FPS on Ultra Setting. I know it's a different GPU but it helps give an indication since it's in the same range as the one the OP describes

For the record my GPU is a HD6850 and that runs BF3 at 50FPS on Ultra Setting. I know it's a different GPU but it helps give an indication since it's in the same range as the one the OP describes

6850 is really out of range for this thread ;)

7770 is quite different from the 6850 even though the numbers suggest similarity

http://www.hwcompare.com/11925/radeon-hd-6850-vs-radeon-hd-7770/

Edited by h3retic
  • Like 3

thats pretty good there, im surprised it s only 500 $ lawl although its an i3...

Believe me, the i3 isn't a half-ass processor. My friend use it with his gtx 680 on a dual monitor setup and he gets 30 fps on Battlefield 3 in Ultra :)

Believe me, the i3 isn't a half-ass processor. My friend use it with his gtx 680 on a dual monitor setup and he gets 30 fps on Battlefield 3 in Ultra :)

no offense, but thats kinda dumb (to pair i3 with gtx680)... gtx680 should be kicking ass in bf3 with at least 60 fps, given a good CPU, even on dual screens, i expect

Edited by h3retic
  • Like 1

no offense, but thats kinda dumb (to pair i3 with gtx680)... gtx680 should be kicking ass in bf3 with at least 60 fps, given a good CPU, even on dual screens, i expect

I know right! Told him to get a quad core processor but he said it ran fine (30 FPS)

• Like 1