Sign in to follow this  
SwitchBlayd

Balota, worth it for new spawns?

So I've never been to balota before. My usual loot run when I spawns involves deer stands followed by the closest supermarket. But I hear the balota airstrip has some good military loot spawns, is it worth going there when I die and spawn fresh? Or will I be mercilessly gunned down by snipers?

It's not always populated as you think.

But it is likely that you'll often meet someone there.

Still, it's not a bad place for a loot run

I risk nothing going there but freshly spawn ed here i come. Yeah you can lift one gun off the place and some rounds.

When I spawn there, I usually hit it up because if I die, I don't have much to lose. Also, most of the people there will be new spawns too, so its a good idea to use a mic in direct chat and try and team up with them. Our group saved somebody there the other day and they ended up with a new m16 acog instead of a hatchet.

• Like 1

It's definitely worth visiting as a fresh spawn because you have nothing to lose and might just find a very decent gun. The deerstands next to the airstrip holds some loot but also spawn a lot of zombies in return. I always feel free to charge into anywhere when starting anew as it makes gearing up a lot quicker.

• Like 1

Theres 4 deer stands in a military camp just east of that airfield, next to the train track. dunno if you meant you go there? theres always decent swag in those deer stands but its tricky to get in there without a toolbox (gotta get up against the sandbags and lie down if im not incorrect). But as a new spawn u gotta crawl this shit since theres always heaps of zeds in there.

I spawned at Kamenka and ran for Balota. I found an AKM, AK74 and an M16A2 there and also killed two people.

Edited by Zymi

Never been there and not run into someone. Usually we're both new spawns and choose to each keep living rather than duke it out there.

I have once before been victim to a sniper camping it out.

Yeah it's pretty good, normaly find an AK or shotgun there with spare mags, maybe get a map, the bunkers might have a rare side arm or hatchet....

I tend to go there a lot from fresh spawn, you can sprint in to the bunkers n loose zeds easier then a prostitute will give you aids

AJ

Screen tears have ruined balota for me--the camp rapes my eyes, as well as the ATCT

While you're at it go check out the 4 deerstands south-east of the air-field

But don't enter the front gates ;)

http://youtu.be/pNncoDULiM8

Edited by Alpo
  • Like 2

Never been there and not run into someone. Usually we're both new spawns and choose to each keep living rather than duke it out there.

I have once before been victim to a sniper camping it out.

Interesting, I haven't experienced much PvP in this game. I'm often exploring a city like Cherno or Elektro, and I get sniped without even knowing about it. If its all fresh spawns at balota, it may be a good place to team up. As I doubt a fresh spawn would be hostile to you if you had an M4 and he had nothing.

I killed a man with a trident there.

well that escalated quickly

Edited by jcameron

While you're at it go check out the 4 deerstands south-east of the air-field

But don't enter the front gates ;)

http://youtu.be/pNncoDULiM8

I didn't even realise there were gates. That place is a hell hole to loot.

Pretty sure those gates are the only entrance into that area.

You can vault over a section in the wall. That's how I got in.

So I've never been to balota before. My usual loot run when I spawns involves deer stands followed by the closest supermarket. But I hear the balota airstrip has some good military loot spawns, is it worth going there when I die and spawn fresh? Or will I be mercilessly gunned down by snipers?

Might I suggest, with the amount you cry about being killed, that you steer clear of high risk military complexes. Least we get a string of threads moaning about people killing you and how the game needs some hand holding artificial features added to crutch you up.

Interesting, I haven't experienced much PvP in this game. I'm often exploring a city like Cherno or Elektro, and I get sniped without even knowing about it. If its all fresh spawns at balota, it may be a good place to team up. As I doubt a fresh spawn would be hostile to you if you had an M4 and he had nothing.

How very wrong you are. Anyone entering a high risk military site such as Balota airfield = fair game for being shot, weapon less or not. Your only goal there is to loot a mil spec weapon. That makes you dangerous.

Edited by itputsthelotion
  • Like 1

Might I suggest, with the amount you cry about being killed, that you steer clear of high risk military complexes. Least we get a string of threads moaning about people killing you and how the game needs some hand holding artificial features added to crutch you up.

What? Cry about being killed? What are you talking about. You really have nothing to add to this thread.

Nope, you can get in by vaulting over the sandbags in the north side of the camp (close to the north-east deer stand), where the wire is missing. That's my usual point of entry.

Also, about Balota, airfield, I once found a DMR inside one of the hangars. I heard of a guy that got a Coyote Pack (the biggest one in the game, not the starter one) there. Usually there's an AK or shotgun in the control tower. So yeah, If you're a fresh spawn and are near the airstrip, I would definitely recommend checking it out.

The graphic artifacts are supposed to be fixed in 1.7.2.5, which should roll out pretty soon. I have been to Balota recently just the same, since the changing-my-video-memory-from-"high"-to-"default"-trick worked for me.

How very wrong you are. Anyone entering a high risk military site such as Balota airfield = fair game for being shot, weapon less or not. Your only goal there is to loot a mil spec weapon. That makes you dangerous.

Thanks for the advice dude. And also, anywhere is "fair game for being shot". Your characterisation of that specific area would imply that there are areas that are NOT "fair game"? Is this true as i believe i can put a bullet through anyones head wherever i wish too.

Edited by SwitchBlayd

I have no idea why I decided to try and enter through the 3 main gates. Some inexplicable urge to interact with the environment I guess ;)

As others mentioned it is best to use the gap in the fence right by the sandbags along the road to the north-east of the camp.

I don't go there anymore.

theres 3 ways in to the military deer stands 2 are vaulting over the sandbags and 1 is the front gate. I have never had trouble opening the front gates or exiting the front gates like the player did in the video lol

I always have great luck at this airstrip. The last 4 times I visited there I found a M1014, an AK74, an MP5SD6, and a M14 AIM respectively. Maybe just a string of good luck, but never left there empty handed in the last 4 visits as a fresh spawn.